Ever wondered how much someone thinks about you? | INFJ Forum

Ever wondered how much someone thinks about you?

TigersGoRAWR

Community Member
Jan 12, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 2 so/sp/sx
I was just sitting in the lounge talking to my boyfriend, and suddenly wondered how much he thought about me.
I didn't ask him because I thought it might be a bit random! xD
Do you ever wonder how much someone thinks about you?
Not necessarily a boyfriend/girlfriend, maybe a friend, family member etc ^-^
and have you ever been asked/asked this before? xD

Reactions: jimtaylor
I don't have to wonder.

Some of the girls I've dated have asked me if I think of them, even though I think express it often enough. We all need our reassurances.

Unless something spontaneously reminds me of the person, I actually don't think about people that often unless I'm interacting with them or about to see them (and yes, even those I really care about it). Come to think of it, I'm more likely to think of people in the abstract (if that makes sense) and impersonally examine the relationships and behaviors instead of people themselves as individuals. Every once in a while I'll get a thought like, 'oh, so and so would like that' or 'so and so said this before' but I don't meditate on any one specific person for too long. I don't imagine other people do more than that either. Frankly, it would make me a little nervous if I was on someone's mind too frequently.

But now I'm all curious. When you think about a person as individual, what is it that you think about them?

Last edited:
Reactions: TigersGoRAWR
The answer is always "Not so much as to make me a stalker, not so little as to disappoint, but always the exact right amount".

Do I wonder if someone thinks about me? Not that I can recall. I have had brief thoughts on the rare occasions about whether or not someone understood my basic nature for the things they have said/done toward me. Those tend to be situational.

Has someone ever asked me if I thought about them? No. I would probably percieve that as extreme neediness and plan my evacuation route.

I tend to ruminate on specific patterns individuals display and other little curios, "I" or "me" doesn't exist in my mind so it's rare that I'm included in my line of thought, I tend to have to take my traits and build a person I can analyse from them to figure myself out which often leads to very inaccurate results, therefore, I don't often think about my interactions with people....perhaps I should, but I'm usually all about the person, I absolutely love talking to people who have unusual patterns and listen to them, I feel myself "charging up" from their enthusiasm and as a result I tend to love passionate/energetic people, oddly enough I think of others when the patterns of one individual match up with another and I learn the reason for the person behaving like that, I look for the motivation behind the pattern. Unfortunately I find it difficult talking about everyday things without it sounding stilted, it's weird but to have a successful conversation with someone that isn't about something abstract I have to think ahead and have a list of topics to talk about. My mind is more like an laser beam than light hitting a multifaceted prism, I think I only break the laser beam style thinking when I'm creating something abstract or get caught up and emulate another....bit of a shame really because I think I come off really serious most of the time.

As with what TDHT said, I'll think about an individual when I start thinking about an object that has traits that remind me of someone....I guess I'm pretty person orientated in that way but otherwise I'm focused on whatever it is I'm doing at the time......and by focused I mean procrastinating whilst trying to will myself to do something that I know would be beneficial lol.

Often when someone tells me they've been thinking of me I feel quite grateful about it...I guess it's reassurance? but really I just think it's nice, as for myself I don't often tell people I've been thinking about them because I guess it makes me feel a little vulnerable and perhaps a little nuts. I honestly don't wonder if a person thinks of me, it just doesn't occur to me.

everyone, all the time. i have an ego the size of a whale.
but not necessarily how much any individual thinks about me, but rather i tend to wonder about the impression i give off to different people. and i worry about being liked. a lot. again, that ego thing, boy i tell ya.
but frequency doesn't really mean much to me. people have a lot of things to think about, you know.

Everyone thinks about me all the time. It doesn't bother me.

I remember a Far Side cartoon with a picture of a guy lying awake in bed thinking about a girl and what she was thinking about. Then it cut to the same scenario with the girl thing about some mundane thing like putting the trash out.

To say that was the definition of my high school love life is an understatement!

PS - I would have posted the comic here, but Gary Larson is one of the coolest and most effective copywriter enforcers on the Internet so no one posts his comics out of respect (and fear).

I assume that no one thinks about me.

Maybe there was a time I indulged in that sort of thing. I don't remember.

but not necessarily how much any individual thinks about me, but rather i tend to wonder about the impression i give off to different people. and i worry about being liked. a lot. again, that ego thing, boy i tell ya.

yep, know the feeling. :D

I am usually more consumed with thinking about them and so I don't wonder if they are thinking about me.
Maybe I just get caught up in my own feelings.

Yep, this is me. I am more caught up on how much I am thinking about them, which is almost always continuous when I am interested in someone.

because i sometimes think of people from my past i find myself wondering if they ever think about me as well.
i don't wonder if the people in my current life think about me. i'm a solitary person, off doing my own thing most of the time so it just doesn't occur to me one way or the other.
quite frankly it seems to me that people don't have time apart long enough to actually think about each other because they're constantly texting.
it's so stupid looking. the second they sit on the bus out comes the phone. they're waiting to cross the street, head down texting.
no one actually walks upright looking forward anymore.
texting
i'm glad i'm old and almost off this planet.

Reactions: just me
But now I'm all curious. When you think about a person as individual, what is it that you think about them?

Well it depends on the individual entirely. If I think about my boyfriend- I tend to think about everything. Particularly intimate moments, or moments where we have really bonded, or particular days where we have had a lot of fun ^-^
With friends it tends to be about funny moments we have had together as either a group or one on one.
With family it tends to be relatively similar to friends ^-^
So in general it tends to be memories, I don't really think about the personality of the individual or anything like that xD

Hmm, I think about a lot of people and I do so all the time but as [MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION] mentioned, it can be impersonal but at other times I also try to imagine being the other person thinking about me. Sounds confusing, I know. Essentially, I try to put myself in their shows and imagine how they would perceive me that way I can guess how they would react if I acted in a certain way.

Again, I tend to think of people in social contexts like that. Just cause and consequence. My brother has an important event so I am going to spend some time thinking about the event and him. I will not think of him specifically as individual but instead in relation to said event. How my actions with him or his own actions could impact the outcome of that event.

I will also spend a lot of time thinking about people to try and figure them out. I like watching and learning about individuals and then getting a mental snapshot of their character or personality. Then it is fun trying to predict how they will react to certain events and seeing if my idea of them is correct or incorrect. I guess I spend a lot more time thinking about people’s actions and intentions more than I do the actual individual.

I am curious about what people think about me but generally I tend to not worry about that. I would actually be more curious about the content of the thoughts about me versus the amount of time spent thinking about me. haha

I usually do my best to avoid such questions when asked whether I think about someone but the truth is unless I have a certain affinity for you or you've done something terrible to me I wont be thinking of you at all most likely.

Sorry but I need a reason to think/worry about you.

The only people I think about on a daily basis are my husband and my son. I used to wonder how often my husband thought of me, but mostly this was before we were married.

I don't think about that anymore at all, maybe because I am more secure in our relationship. In the past for me when thoughts like that came up it usually was me wondering if he thought about me as much as I thought of him. It doesn't occur to me to be curious about or wonder about it anymore. When we are actually together in person he is usually the first one to initiate a statement about how much he loves me or is glad to have me in his life. I've worried sometimes actually that I've given him the impression I feel indifferent to him, but I have expressed this concern and he tells me he doesn't feel that way. I think he actually probably is glad I am not so gushy, because it puts less pressure on him to need to equally reciprocate.

I do love him very much and I couldn't be happier to have him, it just doesn't usually occur to me to express these things because it seems like with us it is something that is a mutually "known" truth, and if things ever changed, it would be brought up. I tend to express my affections more physically via hugs and kisses and cuddling than verbally, aside from an "I love you" here and there.

I think I agree with [MENTION=3096]Stormy1[/MENTION], if someone were to ask me more than a couple times how much I thought about them I would think they were clingy and needy. This would at best annoy me, at worst, possibly scare me away. :p

I sometimes wonder about this if I'm interested in a girl and I don't know if she's interested in me, but otherwise, no. I don't measure people by often they think about me because that doesn't matter. It only matters if they are faithful to the relationship that we've established.

If I do wonder whether someone thinks about me, it's probably someone I'm reasonably acquainted with and has made a significant impression on me---positive or negative.

It's a good question. It reminds me that it doesn't really matter that much, unless someone's thinking about me somehow produces invisible connections between them and me.