[INFJ] - Ever felt the need for room to breathe? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Ever felt the need for room to breathe?

when I’m upset by something and there are others around me I close up, and I usually go into the toilet or have a shower just so I can have space to let myself feel the feelings.

Lol I don't think I'd have ever survived socially without bathroom escapes. It's sort of funny/sad when you notice other people doing the same.

Lol I don't think I'd have ever survived socially without bathroom escapes. It's sort of funny/sad when you notice other people doing the same.

Yeah it is a bit funny/sad seeing others do it-my sister is the same way. I always feel a bit conflicted, part of me totally respects that need for privacy and part of me feels compelled to check up and try to help her feel better. I guess when I’m feeling things myself I need that privacy in order to actually feel-but I also crave connection, and still think it’d be nice for people to notice and acknowledge my feelings.

My sister and I have found a good approach to this sort of thing-when I go stay with her we’ll sometimes be in separate rooms and will message each other. Sometimes it’s just seems impossible to communicate openly when the person is right there.

Reactions: Wyote
My sister and I have found a good approach to this sort of thing-when I go stay with her we’ll sometimes be in separate rooms and will message each other. Sometimes it’s just seems impossible to communicate openly when the person is right there.

Before cell phones and the internet people wrote notes to each other :tonguewink: