Ephesians 6:12 and fighting extremists | INFJ Forum

Ephesians 6:12 and fighting extremists

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Are extreme measures necessary to protect ourselves from the extremism we face daily? We all have struggles.
What is it our inner spirit fights with each day? Why do we fight inside? Why do we wrestle against the night?

Greater jihad is described as such: the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin. At what point does one become extreme? Are we fighting extremists, or are we fighting militants?

We talked today regarding how mafia, as we know it, never murdered women and children. I remembered the old movie "The Professional" when it was simply said as such: no women, no children. NO WOMEN, NO CHILDREN! The world, in general, is losing the spiritual battle. They have even forgotten the spiritual battle. Even mafia of old knew it was wrong to kill women and children. It was an unwritten code I would like to think is still upheld. Threatening a man's wife and children is morally wrong. What has happened?

We may know where most of those killing our men, women, and children are coming from. Do we go to the extreme and stop all people from those places from coming and going? We must make a stand somewhere, and we must not be weak. I ask again if we have forgotten what we are truly wrestling with and struggling against?

All I seem to hear lately are complaints. Is there nothing else to offer?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Are extreme measures necessary to protect ourselves from the extremism we face daily? We all have struggles.
What is it our inner spirit fights with each day? Why do we fight inside? Why do we wrestle against the night?

Greater jihad is described as such: the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin. At what point does one become extreme? Are we fighting extremists, or are we fighting militants?

We talked today regarding how mafia, as we know it, never murdered women and children. I remembered the old movie "The Professional" when it was simply said as such: no women, no children. NO WOMEN, NO CHILDREN! The world, in general, is losing the spiritual battle. They have even forgotten the spiritual battle. Even mafia of old knew it was wrong to kill women and children. It was an unwritten code I would like to think is still upheld. Threatening a man's wife and children is morally wrong. What has happened?

We may know where most of those killing our men, women, and children are coming from. Do we go to the extreme and stop all people from those places from coming and going? We must make a stand somewhere, and we must not be weak. I ask again if we have forgotten what we are truly wrestling with and struggling against?

All I seem to hear lately are complaints. Is there nothing else to offer?

"Even mafia of old knew it was wrong to kill women and children. It was an unwritten code I would like to think is still upheld. Threatening a man's wife and children is morally wrong. What has happened?”

Wrong.
Have you forgotten the countless millions of Native Americans (women, children, the elderly) that the white Christian settlers willingly slaughtered or gave smallpox infected blankets to.
Or they were made into slaves (but the Bible is okay with slavery so guess that doesn’t count).
Or WWII where we rounded up millions of Japanese-Americans and put them in interment camps...many lost their properties and businesses, because of fear-mongering.
You think this administration cares about women and children dying...that’s hilarious.
Well...okay...they care, just so long as they are from the US and white...and not poor.
Examples are the recent travel ban that they won’t call a travel ban just like Obama wouldn’t say radicalized islamic terrorist.
Or how about the willingness to continue with the Dakota access pipeline once again violating the land of the Native Americans for our own selfish reasons.

What do you propose? A holy war?
Trump did say he would wipe out the terrorists and their families....families...women and children.
How is expressing the desire for the killing of family members not conflicting with what you just wrote?

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa
I did not write what Trump should do. I think he knows there is a problem, and he is using extreme measures to fight it....physically. The fight and the war is spiritual and you of all people should know this.

I don't remember the mafia playing cowboys and Indians.

Countless Americans are spreading all over the land. The beaver is dead on the road. Deer lay in the median. This is what happens when the population starts exploding and there is nowhere else to go. America was bound to be trampled under foot when Europe found it. Native Americans' families weren't killed by the Mafia.

ALL I hear lately are complaints. I do not agree with killing innocent women and children. You know that, also. This was not placed in the political forum. This is about spiritual things. Don't make it political, please.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I did not write what Trump should do. I think he knows there is a problem, and he is using extreme measures to fight it....physically. The fight and the war is spiritual and you of all people should know this.

I don't remember the mafia playing cowboys and Indians.

Countless Americans are spreading all over the land. The beaver is dead on the road. Deer lay in the median. This is what happens when the population starts exploding and there is nowhere else to go. America was bound to be trampled under foot when Europe found it. Native Americans' families weren't killed by the Mafia.

ALL I hear lately are complaints. I do not agree with killing innocent women and children. You know that, also. This was not placed in the political forum. This is about spiritual things. Don't make it political, please.

Spiritually we should turn the other cheek...we should welcome those who do not agree with us.
Unfortunately this is a spiritual matter that has been politicized by both sides.
I will go...I just wanted to point out the threats Trump has made to kill women and children and that we as Americans (which is arrogant in itself...as if America was just the USA) are not innocent...we have blood on our hands clearly recorded in history...so let’s not repeat that...that’s all I’m saying.
We should be promoting treating others as you would wish to be treated.
Including those members of ISIL.
Holding “terrorists” at black site prisons without charges or a trial is against the Geneva convention....we get upset that they chop off people’s heads...and they are madmen for doing so...but we are not innocent.
Far from it.
We are only giving them fuel for the fire when people make such statements like Trump has about killing their families...so spiritual or political, it is not tamping down the flames.

They don't need fuel. I shall not treat a murderer with open arms. We should not turn the other cheek when they are killing us. They asked Jesus to flee the city to save His life. It wasn't his time yet.

If pirates tried to take your ship, would you give it to them? What about the women and children aboard?

I believe in capital punishment. It's time murderers and terrorists stopped feeling so safe. Far as I'm concerned, they lost their rights when they killed people to make a statement. Don't believe in torture, but I also don't want to treat them like everyone else. Let them worry some. They need to screen people coming over here better. Asking for 120 days to help figure it out seems reasonable. America is filled with crybabies.

You only don't kill the women and children if you can rape the women and enslave the children. This is how a true war is fought. Right now it is not possible for Americas enemies to get away with this on a mass scale, so they will just kill them.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Spiritually capital punishment is not morally defensible. Men are imperfect and the justice system cannot be made to be perfect. The justice of man can and does make mistakes. When you support capital punishment you support the killing of innocent people. Its about that simple for me.

Policies cannot be based on fear. Banning refugees or banning citizens from some countries is based on fear. Fear of "the other" Should we ban all immigration just to be safe? Will there ever be a perfect system of "vetting" or this this just a way to cultivate paranoia?

They don't need fuel. I shall not treat a murderer with open arms. We should not turn the other cheek when they are killing us. They asked Jesus to flee the city to save His life. It wasn't his time yet.

If pirates tried to take your ship, would you give it to them? What about the women and children aboard?

I believe in capital punishment. It's time murderers and terrorists stopped feeling so safe. Far as I'm concerned, they lost their rights when they killed people to make a statement. Don't believe in torture, but I also don't want to treat them like everyone else. Let them worry some. They need to screen people coming over here better. Asking for 120 days to help figure it out seems reasonable. America is filled with crybabies.

120 days might be reasonable if he actually included countries that have had terrorists come form there...but he didn’t included Saudi Arabia the biggest sponsor of terrorist actives of any country, guess it’s not financially sound.

A pause in how we admit refugees would be sound if we did it in a way that wasn’t religiously discriminatory.

You certainly sound filled with hate...you should just turn the other cheek when it is convenient and cost effective for you?
Yes, Jesus didn’t leave...maybe he was afraid...but he did not let that stop him.
Besides the hate, all I hear is fear in your post.
Calling people names is also a really good way to get people to see your side of things and doesn’t make them want to ignore the rest of what you write at all.
When Obama won, I saw a whole bunch of right wing “crybabies", it’s all a matter of perspective.

Would I give them the ship? No. That’s comparing apples and oranges...the US is not a ship at sea being attacked by pirates.
The situation is a whole lot more complex than that and to try and boil it down to something as black and white as protecting a ship and the women and children from pirates is ignoring the immense human suffering of the refugees who are dying because their countries are not safe for them or their children.

You see “a boat full of pirates” I see a boat full of humans who are suffering and dying needlessly while we write legislation based on fear and ruled by bigotry.

You don’t believe in torture...but lets let them worry that we will torture them? Try and make them as afraid as possible?
You do know that innocent people get wrapped up in such campaigns of fear and hate directed at particular groups of people right?

Also, this Muslim travel “ban” which is a ban and isn’t...it’s an "alternative ban” I guess, is exactly the fuel for the fires of hate and propaganda directed back at us.
Let’s give people more reasons to hate the US.
Let’s pick fights with Islam, Iran, Mexico, and Australia...brilliant!
I’m sure that will lead to more peace and love and sharing going on around the world.

Hate and fear is all I hear in your words...and no, it’s not because I didn’t understand what you meant (no inference needed).
I will stick with “turn the other cheek” and “treat others as you would wish to be treated.” regardless of what religion or country they belong to.
I would have no problem living next door to a family or two of refugees.

I refuse to let hate and fear rule my mind and actions.
Refugees are not pirates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa
Muslim-Prisoners1.jpg

GitmoAbsurdX-vi.gif

New-CIA-600-LA.jpg

Reason I ignore a certain person is because it always becomes a personal attack. Back to ignoring him...

Also, people have no idea what I believe in. I have no problem with capital punishment when it is without doubt. White kid killed those blacks in church was caught redhanded with witnesses. He should not be breathing our air any longer. If that is considered using fear, that is incorrect.

Spiritual warfare is being taught to be physical warfare. That is something we all need to fight and keep from happening.

Put me on ignore then...I’m not personally attacking you.
If you feel that way, it’s wholly in your mind.

This comic is far from being accurate or close to true.
We know damn well that those at Gitmo have been tortured.
The supposed 9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was sodomized forcefully daily in order to “rectally feed” him, which in not a real thing...then he ended up having to get surgery to fix his prolapsed asshole.

article-2544395-1AE3AE2500000578-20_306x423.jpg

Hahahaha...let’s put up a comic making fun of people being tortured...does it make the hatred anyone feels go away?
Does it make anyone feel better knowing these people suffer?
Do it make everyone feel better knowing that these folks who have caused fear, hate and destruction around the world are being treated inhumanely and tortured...a kind of pre-Hell before they die without a trial?

"But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you."

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”

"And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

"If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them water to drink. (waterboarding doesn’t count)”

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;”

"Have I ever rejoiced when disaster struck my enemies, or become excited when harm came their way?”

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”

"Don't say "I'll avenge that wrong!" Wait on the LORD and he will deliver you.”

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.”

Do not say, “I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay the man back for what he has done.”

"You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt.”

"And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.”

"Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"

"Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.”

“Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”

"And Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

^^^^ These verses are being overwhelmingly ignored by people who claim to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Do not let fear and hate rule your mind and heart.

Last edited:
Put me on ignore then...I’m not personally attacking you.
If you feel that way, it’s wholly in your mind.

This comic is far from being accurate or close to true.
We know damn well that those at Gitmo have been tortured.
The supposed 9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was sodomized forcefully daily in order to “rectally feed” him, which in not a real thing...that he ended up having to get surgery to fix his prolapsed asshole.

article-2544395-1AE3AE2500000578-20_306x423.jpg

Hahahaha...let’s put up a comic making fun of people being tortured...does it make the hatred anyone feels go away?
Does it make anyone feel better knowing these people suffer?
Do it make everyone feel better knowing that these folks who have caused fear, hate and destruction around the world are being treated inhumanely and tortured...a kind of pre-Hell before they die without a trial?

"But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you."

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”

"And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

"If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them water to drink. (waterboarding doesn’t count)”

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;”

"Have I ever rejoiced when disaster struck my enemies, or become excited when harm came their way?”

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”

"Don't say "I'll avenge that wrong!" Wait on the LORD and he will deliver you.”

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.”

Do not say, “I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay the man back for what he has done.”

"You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt.”

"And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.”

"Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"

"Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.”

“Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”

"And Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

^^^^ These verses are being overwhelmingly ignored by people who claim to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Do not let fear and hate rule your mind and heart.
Why are Christian people so atrocious when it comes to human rights and being humane? I'd say Christians are not any different from Muslim radicals. The only thing separating them is our Constitution in this country.. Christians often totally ignore Christ's message on how to actually live like a Christian. It's become more political than spiritual. I can't really take anyone professing to be a Christian seriously anymore. Maybe that makes me bigoted, too.

Why are Christian people so atrocious when it comes to human rights and being humane? I'd say Christians are not any different from Muslim radicals. The only thing separating them is our Constitution in this country.. Christians often totally ignore Christ's message on how to actually live like a Christian. It's become more political than spiritual. I can't really take anyone professing to be a Christian seriously anymore. Maybe that makes me bigoted, too.

Yes, people cherrypick the Bible to fit their political ideologies or to reinforce/justify hatred, fear, and bigotry...to separate people into “them" vs. “us".
If we are going to that then - Why do so many Christians eat bacon and shrimp...it says not to in the Bible?
Hellfire awaits all you shrimp eaters!

The overall message in one of inclusion and love...not revenge, hate and fear.
Like the Mosque burned to the ground the other day in Texas.
It’s amazing how much hatred there is for anyone of the Muslim religion...here I missed a verse...
"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.” Luke 6:31
Nuff said.

Yes, people cherrypick the Bible to fit their political ideologies or to reinforce/justify hatred, fear, and bigotry...to separate people into “them" vs. “us".
If we are going to that then - Why do so many Christians eat bacon and shrimp...it says not to in the Bible?
Hellfire awaits all you shrimp eaters!

The overall message in one of inclusion and love...not revenge, hate and fear.
Like the Mosque burned to the ground the other day in Texas.
It’s amazing how much hatred there is for anyone of the Muslim religion...here I missed a verse...
"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.” Luke 6:31
Nuff said.
Jesus was alright, but his followers suck. He wasn't trying to take over the government while on earth and he didn't condemn anyone, not even the hooker he hung out with, too. Cool guy.

Jesus was alright, but his followers suck. He wasn't trying to take over the government while on earth and he didn't condemn anyone, not even the hooker he hung out with, too. Cool guy.

Yes...critical thinking seems to fly out the window when religion is willingly manipulated by those in power.
He hung out with hookers, the poor, the crippled, the lepers.
Now those people are looked down upon here in the US...they are demonized and hated...the “teach a man to fish” parable is misused to paint them all as “lazy, takers” when in reality Jesus would be probably be appalled.

Yes...critical thinking seems to fly out the window when religion is willingly manipulated by those in power.
He hung out with hookers, the poor, the crippled, the lepers.
Now those people are looked down upon here in the US...they are demonized and hated...the “teach a man to fish” parable is misused to paint them all as “lazy, takers” when in reality Jesus would be probably be appalled.
He was basically murdered because the Romans viewed him as a political threat. He was god on earth and obviously could have taken political power and instead, chose to live among the least valued and thought of in society... Yet today we have religious people who believe their faith and morality needs to be imposed on others otherwise they are persecuted.. because we are a Christian nation. It's totally antithetical to to gospel.
Now I'm ranting. It's not like OP was coherent, anyway though...

Reactions: hush and Skarekrow
He was basically murdered because the Romans viewed him as a political threat. He was god on earth and obviously could have taken political power and instead, chose to live among the least valued and thought of in society... Yet today we have religious people who believe their faith and morality needs to be imposed on others otherwise they are persecuted.. because we are a Christian nation. It's totally antithetical to to gospel.
Now I'm ranting.

Couldn’t agree with you more.
Now greed is good...poor is bad.
It’s okay to hate and mistreat so long as they aren’t a “Christian" too.

Reactions: acd