Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
HI!

I would really appreciate if anyone and EVERYONE could post what first comes to mind, and obvious characteristics of ENFPs vs ENFJs, thanks!

Hehe, I've been doing some research, and would like yours ideas on the differences, much appreciated!

Don't dissapoint missa monkeigh :mcute:

ENFJ seams to me more focused and precise, ENFP I knew is rather creative, but with time and space as relative terms:)

Ok, ehhhh. I think I am still an ENFP, with a higher Fe and J than others...

enfps are fluffy bunnies, enfjs are scruffy teddy bears.

And that doesn't help rofl.

I think the main difference honestly, is our choice of mates.

ENFP:
ENFPs are creative and devoted. They enjoy creating new experiences for their families and want to inspire their children to grow as individuals. Although they can be very passionate in their ideas about correct behavior, they are not often strong disciplinarians; they value close relationships above all else and may avoid discipline for fear that it will distance them from their children. ENFPs deeply value their role as parents. However, they tire quickly when subjected to mundane chores and demands from their children. They get the most joy out of parenting when they are connecting emotionally with their children and joining them to explore possibilities for the future.

Enfj:
ENFJs take an active and enthusiastic role in guiding the development of their children, setting forth clear ideas of right and wrong in a warm and supportive way. ENFJ parents are clear in their expectations and consistent in reinforcement. Because ENFJ parents have such a clear idea of proper behavior, they can take their children's misbehavior personally, feeling that they have failed as parents; children who perceive this can take on feelings of guilt at not meeting their parent’s expectations.

I'm definitely an ENFP in this situation. I also read on another site that ENFPs have a huge issue with playing with their kids like a child, then switching to an authoritarian role in a flash. I have a big big problem with that, its why I get into so many fights with my lil' sister.

enfj:
the ENFJ is helpful and enthusiastically supportive. ENFJ partners want harmony above all else, sometimes at the expense of their own needs. They make every effort to understand their partners and to do what pleases them. Conflict is upsetting to ENFJs. They are very sensitive to criticism and can become highly emotional and even punishing when their feelings are hurt. However, they have great insight about people, emotions and motivations; they are often able to put this talent to use in resolving things. The ideal mate for an ENFJ appreciates their compassion, support, and dedication to helping others, and makes an effort to understand the ENFJ's feelings and values.

Enfp:
In relationships, the ENFP is warm, encouraging, and emotionally engaged. ENFPs connect with others by sharing their feelings and experiences. They are expressive with their mates and want their mates to share openly with them. ENFPs place great importance on personal development. They encourage their mates to pursue their dreams and want the same encouragement back. Although they are quite sensitive, ENFPs can be guarded when it comes to their deepest feelings. When conflict arises, the ENFP can sometimes withdraw, therefore ENFPs need a supportive partner to help them express any hurt feelings. The ideal mate for an ENFP supports their creativity and caring for others, and expresses appreciation for the ENFP's unique qualities openly and often.

I'm definitely ENFP in this one. Also, the bolded part is the main thing I look for in a partner, period.

And lastly:

Enfp:
ENFPs are typically adept communicators, using their wit, humor, and mastery of language to create engaging stories. Creative and original, ENFPs often have a strong artistic side. They appreciate activities that allow for authentic expression and a deeper understanding of human experience. ENFPs love novelty. They often have a wide range of interests and friends from many backgrounds. ENFPs are easily bored by details and repetition and seek out situations that offer engaging emotional experiences.

Enfj:
ENFJs like to be liked and are very sensitive to feedback, both positive and negative. They take criticism quite personally. They expect the best not just from themselves, but from others as well, and tend to idealize relationships. ENFJs often play host or hostess, energetically engaging everyone in the group and making sure that a good time is had by all. They are very responsive to the emotional state of others. While their empathy is often an asset, engaging with others can also become overwhelming for the ENFJ. More than other Extroverted types, they need time alone, away from the demands of serving and caring for others.

And this is where I draw a huge issue. I am literally exactly both of those. Bah.

I think I'll stick with ENFP, but I'm very close to an ENFJ... Cuz like... I was explaining to Lauren:

My Ne, Fi, Te, Se are all very J. My Ni Ti Fe Si are all very P.

And also ENFJs have Te as a 3rd function, while Te is like the 4th or 5th function for Enfps. And I use Te quite a bit.

And yea, so I want closure, and I want a schedule and to be sure of things,but I also want to keep myself open to the possibilities out there, and not to be confined.

Enfj:
ENFJs like to be liked and are very sensitive to feedback, both positive and negative. They take criticism quite personally. They expect the best not just from themselves, but from others as well, and tend to idealize relationships. ENFJs often play host or hostess, energetically engaging everyone in the group and making sure that a good time is had by all. They are very responsive to the emotional state of others. While their empathy is often an asset, engaging with others can also become overwhelming for the ENFJ. More than other Extroverted types, they need time alone, away from the demands of serving and caring for others.

And this is where I draw a huge issue. I am literally exactly both of those. Bah.

Do you know what your enneagram type is? That description for ENFJ sounds similar in many ways to the descriptions for 2w1.

And also ENFJs have Te as a 3rd function, while Te is like the 4th or 5th function for Enfps.
Only in socionics, and some of their function descriptions (and the roles the functions play) are different to MBTI. In MBTI it's ENFPs that have Te as their 3rd function, whilst ENFJs have Se.

Srsly? Rofl. I'm so confused. I guess I am an enfp. teehee

13:30!!!

Ignore the title.

Anyway, well, if you're really balanced, then it might get difficult to type oneself.
I never really got into the specifics of mbti, but well, here's what I observed.

My best friend is an ENFP, and I'm an ENFJ. I suppose that we might be very similar due to the fact that we grew up together in a way and spent a lot of time talking to each other, discussing ideas, etc.
She can relate to the description of an ENFJ while I can also relate to the description of an ENFP.

I think one of the main differences between us is that while she would like to schedule some things- for example, hang out activities- it's an effort for her to actually do that. She'd much prefer the spontaneous. Her time table is rather irregular at times, so that kind of irks me since I do prefer to plan. It's not that I can't be spontaneous, I just really feel more comfortable if there is a schedule. Disorganization doesn't seem to bother her as much as it would to me either.
I know this might sound like a cliche difference between a J and P, but there we go.

What do you mean?

Like with all of those J, I DO want closure, and a "schedule" if that makes any sense. I am very firm, and will not waver if my Ne or Te tells me something (or if my Fi says I feel this, I won't budge.) But for all the other ones I'm just the opposite.

idk if thats normal or not.

Like with all of those J, I DO want closure, and a "schedule" if that makes any sense. I am very firm, and will not waver if my Ne or Te tells me something (or if my Fi says I feel this, I won't budge.) But for all the other ones I'm just the opposite.

Wanting closure and a schedule doesn't make you a J. Neither does being organized or very serious.
What makes you feel more J could be your Te, and that's normal. Sorry if you wanted to be special. :(
But functions can't be J or P o_O

:m026:

So then what defines a J? I could have sworn it was closure.

And I didn't say there were J or P themselves, but that's their character traits.

And I know it was normal, SOTL said so. :mk:

Everyone has a J. It's just a matter of how it manifests itself.

Perceivers have a J, although their J is internalized. They're usually fantastic at coming up with different plans and they have a way they'd ideally like to see things play out (indeed, many have a preference for how things should be) but they often get distracted with the execution in the long term because more information comes in that they need to pause and process. Judgers, on the other hand, have their P internalized. They take in information at a glance and then decide what to do with it immediately, at once; their decision-making process manifests externally. Most judgers don't really need a pocket planner or a wall calender, as the stereotype goes. They don't even have to consciously think about stream-lining their lives. It just happens for them.

It's not uncommon that it's actually the perceiving type who has twenty different wall calenders and daily planners trying to keep up with his or her plans. They have to make a conscious effort to organize their lives because it doesn't come to them as naturally as it does to a judger.

So don't mistake organization or firmness = Judger. Because there are a lot of processes that can give the impression of being a judger. It's what comes most naturally to you that really counts.

I think the most confusing word in the entire MBTI theory is "preference." Preference does not refer to a conscious choice. It refers to what the subconscious chooses naturally. So someone might very well have a preference for fact-based reasoning, and do their best to see to it, but under duress, that might not be what pops out when you're running on autopilot.

OHH!!!!

teehee.

And yes, I don't really understand MBTI at all, if anyone can't tell.

And I know it was normal, SOTL said so. :mk:
Never trust SOTL.
She's the biggest liar/selfish/meanie weanie the world has ever created.

And yeah TDHT is right(what's with all those long names?) and there is a difference between mbti and jungian functions, and it looks like you're confusing those two

Reactions: jyrffw54
Never trust SOTL.
She's the biggest liar/selfish/meanie weanie the world has ever created.

I've officially declared [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION] as the evil overlord of all things evil.

what's with all those long names?

It may or may not have to do with having an ego roughly the size of Guatemala.

Reactions: jyrffw54
only guatemala?
meh, amateur

Yes, that makes me meeker than you...

And as they say, the meek shall inherit the earth.

Plan. is. working!