Economic Holocaust | INFJ Forum

Economic Holocaust

Ryso89

Banned
Sep 22, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
It looms.

To rely on others to protect you when (not if, but when) SHTF is a fool's errand.

So, what are you doing to prepare?

Reactions: SuperManda and Asa
This topic potentially covers a wide area of discussion. Generally, this is a place for "preppers" to discuss all means of survival. Urban or wilderness.

Reactions: Asa
I have a bug out bag and have recently created a comprehensive first aid kit far superior to what you buy in the stores. I've also purchased a glock 43 for personal protection along with having obtained a concealed permit. Coupled with survival knowledge I am confident I'll be able to survive long past the first month or two that most of society won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryso89
When there is nothing left to eat due to collapse (your grocery stores will be looted / empty), we will be killing each other for both consumption and resources. How will you protect yourself and your loved ones? You WILL be forced to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Personally, I not against eating human flesh for survival purposes.

Exactly. Food in stores will be depleted in 3 days. If ever restocked the dollar at that time will have minimal value. We can look at Venezuela this time as proof. While foriegn aid helps these people in part...there will be no such aid for America or if there is...at exceptionally high cost.

When there is nothing left to eat due to collapse (your grocery stores will be looted / empty), we will be killing each other for both consumption and resources. How will you protect yourself and your loved ones? You WILL be forced to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

I'd be dead in a matter of weeks at best if civilization collapsed due to probably not having access to medication I need to live. I hope that my family could survive without me by hunting g and fishing and foraging and avoiding violent desperate people.
Thanks for the Sunday morning buzzkill.

I think you added that bit about eating human flesh after I liked the post.
Hunger can do odd things to a person but I believe at this time I would find a way to die before it came to that.

I have a bug out bag...
@Eventhorizon 's actual bug-out bag contents

Organizing_Blog.jpg

I'd be dead in a matter of weeks at best if civilization collapsed due to probably not having access to medication I need to live. I hope that my family could survive without me by hunting g and fishing and foraging and avoiding violent desperate people.
Thanks for the Sunday morning buzzkill.
I did not know this. Very sorry to hear it.
:(

My husband (INTJ) is very into survivalist preparation for doom scenarios. He's a bit extreme about it.
We have all the regular survival supplies because we live in a rural area, and losing power and having the roads blocked due to storms isn't that unusual, though our doom scenario supplies weren't much different when we lived in the city.
We have water, MRTE, a pantry full of dry and canned good (including pet food and supplies), a generator, cords of firewood (and two wood stoves in our house), a stream on our property (and water filter system) for when we run out of electric/generator power and can't use the well. We have a veggie garden, and I pickle/jar/ferment/dehydrate food. We have ample first aid supplies. We own guns and other weapons. We're both trained in martial arts and first aid.
We should brew our own beer again..... He'd need that.
He could hunt if he needs to, but I'd seriously rather die than eat meat... though the first part of the brain to "shut off" during starvation is ethics, so who knows what I would eat. (I joke, but seriously....)

We also try to learn as many skills as possible.

Money is a scary issue. We try not to rely on "the system", but in certain circumstances, we must. We're trying to set ourselves up to have minimal ties to big financial institutions.

TBH, 'camping' to me is staying in a cottage with plumbing and electric, so I wouldn't like living in survival mode, but I can.

Thanks.
I'm actually in pretty great health right now because I have access to medication I need. I can live to a regular old age just like anyone without a chronic condition.. but if civilization collapses, I'm screwed.
It's difficult to know if it's better to like this or not. Anyway glad you are able to do well with what's available.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
So... On a serious note.
Even if all that happens is that things get a little crazy in your area. Natural disaster or unexpected occurrence, it's just smart to be prepared. We already know the government isn't all that concerned with your survival. We learned that from Katrina. Even for Irma they are telling everyone to be prepared to be on their own for at least 72 hours. That's an official statement.
So whether you believe in total collapse or not it's just smart to be prepared for shelter, food, water and protection as a minimum.

Reactions: Lurk and Asa