Eat more chickin | INFJ Forum

Eat more chickin

I will, but I'll get it organic and free-range from Trader Joe's. And then I'll make extra purchases from JC Penney and Amazon to cancel out all of the gay marriage opponents boycotting them.

Reactions: Norton
I've been chicken-free for years...

are they giving it away for free or something today? peeps on fb are posting pictures of chick-fill-a and it's all packed and stuff.

Is today their homo-kiss-in? I'm thinking of going and saying things like "Suck on that tounge oh yeah!" or to a gay couple "You kiss like a woman let me show you how its done."

Is today their homo-kiss-in? I'm thinking of going and saying things like "Suck on that tounge oh yeah!" or to a gay couple "You kiss like a woman let me show you how its done."

LOL the anti-protest, protest: They protest for Freedom Of Speech (at least the excuse they're using), we stand outside and call all of them homosexual couples.

I feel like the whole thing is just bringing in a lot of money for Chik-fil-a.

This from their website:
[h=3]Current News[/h]Q: What is Chick-fil-A’s response to the stories circulating in the media and on the Internet?
A: Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.
The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our Restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.
Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.
unquote

Anyone ever give them a load because of closing 1600 stores on Sunday? I think it has to do with morals and ethics, deeply rooted in religious beliefs. Does anyone know the whole story behind this? Maybe the owner does not have the right to believe the way they want?

Something here is wrong, wrong, wrong. Tomorrow a lot of folk are talking about going to show their intelligence. Wish it was not so.

I had never felt the urge to eat these sandwiches until it started blowing up my news feed. Now I have visited 3 times in a week.

I feel like they can give their profit to who ever they want but if they have an extra 5 million dollars to give away, they need to raise their workers salaries. That is how I feel on the situation. The controversy is being misdirected in the following ways:

1. To the pro CFA (chik fil a ) groups who are talking about freedom of speech: they should just donate money directly to a free speech group instead of buying sandwiches (like they did yesterday) where only a portion of that money goes to the group they want. (Unless they want it to go to CFA obviously)

2. To the pro homo groups staging a "kiss-in" tomorrow. That is pretty much stupid and for someone who is on the fence, it is just going to reaffirm that homosexuals are lust driven jerk-offs who just want to cause trouble. CFA is basically the stereotypical christian who thinks that being queer is 100% wrong and that they are all just in it for the lust and rebellion. How is a kiss-in going to change that perception?

3. Most importantly, CFA is giving away an extra 5 million would economically liberate their workers from living in the poverty level. Why arent the workers getting this money??? Pulling people out of poverty is a better christian good than throwing money at programs aimed to change the minds of people who want to kiss in your store and dont have any intention of changing their life style. CFA claims to be a family and a family would share those profits with their family.

Last edited:
I feel like they can give their profit to who ever they want but if they have an extra 5 million dollars to give away, they need to raise their workers salaries. That is how I feel on the situation. The controversy is being misdirected in the following ways:

3. Most importantly, CFA is giving away an extra 5 million would economically liberate their workers from living in the poverty level. Why arent the workers getting this money??? Pulling people out of poverty is a better christian good than throwing money at programs aimed to change the minds of people who want to kiss in your store and dont have any intention of changing their life style. CFA claims to be a family and a family would share those profits with their family.
I agreed in that aspect. Why destroy other people's lives (much less your enemies) when your workers will probably thank God more if you give it to them?

I had never felt the urge to eat these sandwiches until it started blowing up my news feed. Now I have visited 3 times in a week.
Was it good? :p

1. To the pro CFA (chik fil a ) groups who are talking about freedom of speech: they should just donate money directly to a free speech group instead of buying sandwiches (like they did yesterday) where only a portion of that money goes to the group they want. (Unless they want it to go to CFA obviously)
I somewhat abhor to think how much of them are actually talking about free speech and how much are talking about 'Christian values' masked under freedom of speech.

2. To the pro homo groups staging a "kiss-in" tomorrow. That is pretty much stupid and for someone who is on the fence, it is just going to reaffirm that homosexuals are lust driven jerk-offs who just want to cause trouble. CFA is basically the stereotypical christian who thinks that being queer is 100% wrong and that they are all just in it for the lust and rebellion. How is a kiss-in going to change that perception?
Agreed on the efficiency of it-- but I'd say the point is to disgust, rather than to change their perceptions...I think?
Maybe they should do it like [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] said;
LOL the anti-protest, protest: They protest for Freedom Of Speech (at least the excuse they're using), we stand outside and call all of them homosexual couples.

I agreed in that aspect. Why destroy other people's lives (much less your enemies) when your workers will probably thank God more if you give it to them?

Was it good? :p

I somewhat abhor to think how much of them are actually talking about free speech and how much are talking about 'Christian values' masked under freedom of speech.

Agreed on the efficiency of it-- but I'd say the point is to disgust, rather than to change their perceptions...I think?
Maybe they should do it like @Lerxst said;

Yeah its pretty good. :)

I feel fine with them donating to whomever they want legally. On the other hand I dont think corporations should be considered people so they shouldnt be able to donate money except in the form of things like employee quarterly bonuses aka wages. But if it was the owner donating that much of his own money, he should be able to do whatever he wants in that regard. Also there is supposedly a mayor who refused to let CFA set up shop in town and I think that is shady, but its probably legal.

I dont think disgust people is anything other than revenge and that they are just going to exacerbate any problem. But fuck it lets have all the straights fight all the gays. Great plan gays!

I feel fine with them donating to whomever they want legally.
But the critiques and the strikes, I doubt they are talking about legal terms.. :|
Which doesn't exactly give enough reasons to act, but then...

ugh. I dunno. On one hand personally I agreed (maybe this one is more biased) that certain people are outraged, but on the other hand, having THESE means you're also giving the other party leeway to do the exact same thing under different values (See : Westboro.)

This whole matter is an interesting thing to observe, personally. Inbetween the participants, their reactions, and the result of their reactions... How much is the strength of the people, as far as businesses are concerned? How strong is the religious/liberal values right now? How far are American businesses pandering to their consumers, and how far are they alienating others? How far has progress gone? And it'd be different within different areas, communities, people... And the result might have told something.

On the other hand I dont think corporations should be considered people so they shouldnt be able to donate money except in the form of things like employee quarterly bonuses aka wages.
I agreed on this, which...wouldn't this particular rationale is what makes people boycott Chick-fil-a?

But if it was the owner donating that much of his own money, he should be able to do whatever he wants in that regard.

++ this one. It's like, 'his money is derived from his business, and WE ARE supporting his business by eating there. So we are indirectly supporting his homophobia, therefore WE SHOULD STOP EATING THERE.'

Cannot say the train of logic is completely rational, but it does have certain basis.

Also there is supposedly a mayor who refused to let CFA set up shop in town and I think that is shady, but its probably legal.
Yep. I think the particular statement posted above is made to counter those city resistances.
Of course, I would openly wonder if the owner of this franchise would freak out if he found out that his franchises have been supporting values he's disagreeing with...
If he does, that would be delicious, delicious irony, no?

I dont think disgust people is anything other than revenge and that they are just going to exacerbate any problem. But fuck it lets have all the straights fight all the gays. Great plan gays!
At this point it can be argued that they have no intention to discuss and bridge their differences, but then again it might have been a condensed, oversaturated opinion given America's...very...volatile sociopolitical map right now.

Biblically-based principles my ass. I agree that if they have that much money lying around, the "Christian" thing to do would be to raise their employees wages and salaries, y'know, seeing as how they're all family oriented and I'm sure lots of their employees have families to support... Or they could donate it to a charity and do some actual good. Times are tough.. Plenty of people are suffering.. but at least Chick Fil A is able to make a buck off the masses..

It's just so weird that they donate to these anti-gay groups.... It's so gross in this country how much consumerism is intertwined with ideology...
And It is so very creepy how terrified and threatened some Christians are by other people's actions and existence.. Kind of makes me think those that are soooo against gay people are some kind of secret homosexual. Maybe just a tinge. Otherwise, who cares? Just live your life and have your own family. God didn't put you here to police the planet!

Also, I too think the kiss in is stupid.. It's like those dumb feminists who run around proclaiming themselves "sluts" as a means of empowerment..
It's unintelligible.. It's not going to change anyone's mind, or make them think..

Last edited:
It's just so weird that they donate to these anti-gay groups.... It's so gross in this country how much consumerism is intertwined with ideology...

Also, I too think the kiss in is stupid.. It's like those dumb feminists who run around proclaiming themselves "sluts" as a means of empowerment..
It's unintelligible.. It's not going to change anyone's mind, or make them think..
Hmm, I'm also wondering about the first one. In my country, it was more like 'lines'; as long as you don't publicly cross a line, feel free. :p
In America it seems to be more ideology-based.

And I'd personally say Slut Walk has its use, in terms of grabbing control and power back.... This kiss-in protest is less so. They are more 'WOOT LET'S PEACEFULLY PROTEST THESE BAD GUYS WE LIKE KISSING SO KISS KISS KISS'...personally speaking. Another one of good intentions done badly. :|

Biblically-based principles my ass. I agree that if they have that much money lying around, the "Christian" thing to do would be to raise their employees wages and salaries, y'know, seeing as how they're all family oriented and I'm sure lots of their employees have families to support... Or they could donate it to a charity and do some actual good. Times are tough.. Plenty of people are suffering.. but at least Chick Fil A is able to make a buck off the masses..

And It is so very creepy how terrified and threatened some Christians are by other people's actions and existence.. Kind of makes me think those that are soooo against gay people are some kind of secret homosexual. Maybe just a tinge. Otherwise, who cares?

It is so simple to say what others should do with their money. You are talking about different beliefs. Some people do not believe in gay stuff. You say they hate people, but I feel they just hate what they see people doing. I would move before I tried to raise a child across the street from two guys kissing and patting each other's butts. I would hate to move. Beliefs. I would consider their actions as too sinful for my child to have to watch it every day like nothing's wrong. You said "anti-gay" groups. Guess that might align with over half the world. Glad you noticed it is not "people who hate gays"; rather, it is more attuned to what they do that disgusts so many people.

The Bible does not condone their actions. Is that why so many gays hate it? Belittle it? Try to disprove it? TV and the media are teaching bad ways. This is not against gays: it just makes me ill watching what they do. I'm sure to count a lot of likes on that one(sarcasm). Have I treated any of you poorly? Am I threatened or terrified? Chik Fil A even closes on what they believe to be the Sabbath. They do have strong beliefs. I publicly thank them for a day of rest.