e-book readers | INFJ Forum

e-book readers

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
do you own one? What do you like about it? Which of them would you recommend?

I'm thinking of getting myself one. I am on the road a lot and I want a way to read while traveling without having to carry additional weight.

I don't personally, but I know plenty of people who have a Kindle - never heard a bad thing about it. Very thin & excellent display (i borrowed one for a few mins - it was pretty awesome)

I don't personally, but I know plenty of people who have a Kindle - never heard a bad thing about it. Very thin & excellent display (i borrowed one for a few mins - it was pretty awesome)

I like the Kindle because it's simplistic and for a reasonable cost. But I don't know what features other readers would have for an extra couple of bucks. I know there are other formats for e-books like epub and mobi and pdfs etc. Is it compatible with all of them?

Reactions: rawr
I have a kobo touch. It works okay, but not great.

I still use it all the time.

I have a kindle, it's pretty useful, i'm always reading something on it. Sometimes it's annoying when i want to read certain passages and i can't remember the page number, but aside from that it's awesome.

I to have a kindle and love it,i am a real bookworm and have loved reading since elementary school so its essential for me to have,i got the cheapest version for under 100$ and its great I just stick it in my pocket and pull it out anytime I want to read,its a great investment in my opion and on amazon they have a ulimtited book program where you pay 10 dollars a month and can get any of the books that are part of the program for free!!!There are so many books on there I have trouble deciding what to read,i must have read hundreds of books since getting the kindle.

ive got a kobo glo and i love it. its got a cool cover that puts the screen to sleep just by closing it. i love being able to buy a book in the middle of the night and start reading, its so convenient. the screen is super easy to look at and i like adjusting the text size and typeface. the reason i bought this is because in the bookstore where i worked, the cashier assistants were nosy and disparaging about my choice of reading materials, every time i went to the cashier was an ordeal, and they wouldnt pay attention when i told them to back off. but i dont regret anything about buying it. its lighter and easier to carry around than a book, and it doesnt get all dogeared and grubby. i see it as essential rather than a luxury now, one of those few things i cant do without.

Last edited:
im doing an assignment on information products, and reviewing my e-reader as an information device. i have just read on the internet that these things are not as kind to the environment as traditional books. so if you are going to buy one, you should be a big reader. if you read less than 100 books on it before you replace it, you are not justifying its environmental impact. as i am reading on this thing pretty much constantly, it surprises me that i have read only 30 books on it since i purchased it. im not really worried that i will not read 100 books on it, im sure that i will. but i think that people should be honest with themselves about how many books they are genuinely reading through in a year before buying an e-reader.

I do not like ereaders. Satan created them.

n21fz8.jpg

kindles are cool :) I have a paperwhite that I take with me everywhere. If there was a way to get kobo books onto the kindle it'd be pretty much perfect.

kindles are cool :) I have a paperwhite that I take with me everywhere. If there was a way to get kobo books onto the kindle it'd be pretty much perfect.

the limits that amazon puts on file formats and sources for the kindle was a big factor in my decision to get the kobo. i refuse to submit to commercial restriction of information accessibility!