Dream World

jimtaylor

On Holiday
May 19, 2010
MBTI
No Need
Enneagram
Yup
I was just day dreaming about what my ideal world would be and I thought it might just be something fun to discuss. I guess the best way to put it would be how you would picture yourself at your happiest? For me, I am sitting on a porch looking over rocky cliffs hearing the ocean crashing up against them. It is a 60-70 degree day, partly cloudy with the smell of fresh rain in the air. I am sitting there with a coffee in my hand and in comfortable clothes just enjoying all the sights and sounds of the world around me.

I imagine the home I am in as a modest and comfortable one. Picture something like around a 3 bed, 3 bath log cabin. Not extravagant by any means and decorated very simply. As indicated it is on the coast but also near the woods and away from the city. I am in my mid-thirties with gray starting to come into my hair. As I look beyond to the ocean I see a family I do not have yet playing on the beach. My kids are playing and laughing as they chase each other. My wife is on the beach with them, smiling at them as they run around. While I am watching them, I am thinking about all that they can grow up to be and how lucky of a man I am. I am thinking about the next book I am going to write and if I should go down and join them or continue to watch them and smile at the fun they are having.

The slight cool breeze is not overwhelming but makes you wear a light sweater and the partial clouds let in just the right amount of light, like it is early dawn. When I think about being as happy as can be, that is where I go. That is my perfection. So what is your dream world?