Download Speed | INFJ Forum

Download Speed

bs98r3kjf

Feb 27, 2009
MBTI
none
Enneagram
none
Is there any way I can make my download speed faster without upgrading to faster internet?

So all I have to do is download that program and then my downloads will automatically finish more quickly?

Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy.

You should do some research and find out what it is you want. You can do various things to improve speed, minimally. Upgrading would help you the most though.

I'm in the middle of downloading two very large files and they're taking forever to download. I guess downloading this right now would just slow it down anyways. Thanks for your help. I think I'll just wait a few more hours.

You probably already know, but if you haven't done it already - close down every other program that's running. Also if you are on a wireless connection and have a proper chord you can hook the computer up directly to the modem which will make it faster since wireless is always slower. You'd have to look that up and figure out your setup you have there though.

I'm in the middle of downloading two very large files and they're taking forever to download. I guess downloading this right now would just slow it down anyways. Thanks for your help. I think I'll just wait a few more hours.

Are you downloading a torrent? The number of seeders affects download speed.

purple hills discovered torrents last night!
a round of applause for purple, please!

if you go to the settings on utorrent >options>preferences>transfer cap
make sure the transfer cap is off.

and otherwise minimize your bandwidth use, but other than that there isnt much other than patience

You could try using a better DNS. You wouldn't think that'd help, but it can be really dramatic at times.

Typically, I tend to use Google's public DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 .

You could try using a better DNS. You wouldn't think that'd help, but it can be really dramatic at times.

Typically, I tend to use Google's public DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 .

OpenDNS has some good filtering as well, Their DNS servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220