Don't know what kind of entry level job I should be looking for. What's best for me? | INFJ Forum

Don't know what kind of entry level job I should be looking for. What's best for me?

moomash

Jul 19, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Hey, guys. Trying to find a job that best matches my personality and have turned to my Myer's Briggs personality type for the answer. My personality type statistics are this:
Introverted:12%
Intuitive:56%
Feeling:28%
Judging:22%

I've taken other tests that say a salesman position would be favorable to my personality and personally I feel like anything that asks me to think about how to do my job rather than work on auto pilot and move my body quickly would be preferred. I am a quality over quantity type of guy. The two worst jobs I have ever had were Starbucks (running as fast as you can to make coffee for impatient people) and working in car detail for BMW and Mini Cooper (cleaning cars quickly for commission).

I am an intellectual by default and an empath by design. I think and feel immensely at the same time.

Any sort of advice as to where I should direct my energy would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I am a paranoid schizophrenic so thinking is what I am born to do.

-Nick

Last edited:
Entry level social service or non-profit as long as their way of operating jives with your own standards. That or some type of computer graphic design job. Your propensity toward sales might make you a good computer software salesperson. If you take the sales route, embrace the quality over quantity aspect and learn how to make your disruptive ideas work in that environment. That should lead you to some success.

It's strange that you mentioned computer sales because that was the last job that I tried shooting for after having to quit my last job. That was my go to for the best option for me, but sadly when I went to Best Buy they turned me down. Probably because I got given a bad interviewer. Anyway, so now I'm lost as to where else I could go to sell computer stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on the matter.

Thanks,
Nick

Just figure out what software you yourself enjoy, what computer companies you feel good about. Then look into companies relating to those. There are lots.

Like Dell or Toshiba? Or work for Microsoft or Apple? How can I get my foot in the door for those kind of jobs?

So, I just got back from an interview at the Sears Outlet store and have never had a more traumatizing interview. Apparently there is a side to being a salesman where quantity is more important that the quality of selling a product to a customer and getting them exactly what they need.

The manager that I spoke to was such a high stress guy that I had to decline the job opportunity for fear of having a panic attack.

Are there any places where quality is valued over quantity in a salesman podition? I felt like Best Buy was my closest bet but I got turned down from that because of something that happened in the interview I cannot explain.

Thanks,
Nick.

What do you REALLY want to do?

When you honour yourself by placing your own deepest desires first, life honours you by repaying your joy tenfold.

I mean... I think maybe the answers I got on Reddit may help: work for a call center so that I am around computers, or maybe being a secretary where I can think about my job.

I don't know. I've got options. I think I just need to take what I can get and pick and choose after I already have a job.

Sounds good to me.

I mean... I think maybe the answers I got on Reddit may help: work for a call center so that I am around computers, or maybe being a secretary where I can think about my job.

I don't know. I've got options. I think I just need to take what I can get and pick and choose after I already have a job.

Sounds good to me.

Call centers tend to treat workers like cattle. If those are your two choices and you are not into stress I would err on the side of being a secretary.

I took the first job I could get when I was 15. I did not look at any personality tests. In part you get out there and then figure out what you like and what you dont ALONG with how to deal with both instances.

Call centers tend to treat workers like cattle. If those are your two choices and you are not into stress I would err on the side of being a secretary.

My call center was awesome. I took a high turn over rate operation and turned it into one no one wanted to leave. I got a substantial raise every time I asked for it every 6 months or so.

And then, we can run it cheaper took over...

I'm an administrative assistant and from my experience it's not for someone who is looking for a high amount of appreciation from your boss or co-workers. My job title should be "office rescue squad" since that's basically all I do everyday. However, there are plenty of times that I enjoy my job, but it's not for everyone.