Dominant Perceivers and Internal Inconsistency | INFJ Forum

Dominant Perceivers and Internal Inconsistency

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
I'm referring to Si,Ni,Se and Ne dominants, specifically. I've been thinking upon this issue of how, in my case at least, I don't really feel consistent personality-wise or value-wise. I'm not the same person as I was yesterday, my worldview expands and expands to the point that I begin to wonder who I am exactly. I've talked about this issue with only Ji individuals(Fi,Ti,Te,Fe dominants) and they agree that their values and their sense of self seems very clear and purposeful to them. They have very fixed ideas of who they are, and what they value in regards to how they can judge upon what is good, right, logical or illogical.

One of my explanations is that, perhaps, Pi individuals(introverted perceiving dominants) have a harder time distinguishing upon information that they gather, and can see all sides of an issue and to what others value and contempt. I can see myself agreeing and then disagreeing with all sides whenever I'm debating something, and then I have to ask myself if I really do have a side. That's why I always stay away from debates because, well, I don't really feel strongly with one or the other, I can see all the issues in a very objective way, so objective, that I cannot come up with a subjective(or otherwise personal) decision as to where I stand.

Another explanation could be that I'm maybe a 9 in the enneagram, and this is very notorious for this type to fall under. Or maybe it's a combination of the two, who knows.

That's why I'll ask: if you're a Ji or Pi dominant, would you say that you feel internal consistency? Or do you feel set in your ways and confident about who you are?

Any input in this would be helpful.

Well, I'm not very knowledgeable about functions or enneagrams, but I do feel like I'm not certain where I stand on a great many issues, as I can understand opposing viewpoints. There are very few that I stand firm with.

Plus, I usually feel I don't know enough about a topic to have a strong opinion about it, so I research a lot in order to make an informed decision. But I feel like I'll never know everything, so I rarely "permanently" decide on anything. Truth is based on perspective, which seems so flexible...so, yeah.

Sorry I'm not much help, lol.

Plus, I usually feel I don't know enough about a topic to have a strong opinion about it, so I research a lot in order to make an informed decision. But I feel like I'll never know everything, so I rarely "permanently" decide on anything. Truth is based on perspective, which seems so flexible...so, yeah.

I completely agree with this statement. I never feel knowledgeable enough to come to a whole conclusion on an issue. And sadly, the more I read and discover, the more insecure I feel because the more I have to learn. But the learning process is fun, it's just conveying that knowledge with others which is not.

Last edited:
would you say that you feel internal consistency? Or do you feel set in your ways and confident about who you are?

I don't feel either of these ways, and I'm an INTP. A lot of what you describe about yourself is typical of other types.