Does this have anything to do with feminism? | INFJ Forum

Does this have anything to do with feminism?

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by Darc, Oct 20, 2017.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Darc
  1. Darc

Darc Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Fi
    Enneagram:
    4W3
    I was just wondering in particular if Muse was going for anything slightly related to notions or social commentary on feminism in some of these videos? Having gone to two Muse live concerts, honestly they have ane clectic group of fans from all over, but as well a fairly large number of female find, I would say about equal to male ratio just about even...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wyote

Wyote (#/-\[]$ ([]`/[]'|'[-
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    954 so/sx
    Yes but on a more relevant term, it's about using popularity (of an idea- female superiority (not feminism)) for monetary gain.

But by nature it is also feminism because it portrays women in strong roles, normalizing the idea that women can take on these roles and characteristics once reserved only for men.

If there's a woman out there left in the western world that doesn't think they can kick alien ass while piloting a spaceship to Mars at this point though, they must be living under a rock. Made of patriarchy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Darc

Darc Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Fi
    Enneagram:
    4W3
    Ha yes, the reapers video in particular, I just find the videos kind of interesting. Muse has kind of taken a stark new direction with their last album.

Reapers is interesting though, I almost feel like it's all sort of social commentary on feminism, social constructsecurity and things like that...

I mean the drones in this case are kind of one of the main topics the entire album revolves around and in particular act as a sort of antagonist to the listener throughout the album or perhaps just as a precautionary warning or preomination to what the future might hold for humanity and those listening to the album. But yeah, I felt it was not outright women in reapers it seems using as a main focus, but I think in particular around sex appeal, and how the media uses it to sell things so often still, and how in a sense how we are all in essence being seduced and manipulated by this veener of sex appeal, glamour, that is seemingly inciting, seductive, but ultimately lacking in substance and genuine fulfillment that is ultimately desired often mistaken for as something else altogether.

#3 Darc, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017