Does this have anything to do with feminism? | INFJ Forum

Does this have anything to do with feminism?

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
I was just wondering in particular if Muse was going for anything slightly related to notions or social commentary on feminism in some of these videos? Having gone to two Muse live concerts, honestly they have ane clectic group of fans from all over, but as well a fairly large number of female find, I would say about equal to male ratio just about even...

Yes but on a more relevant term, it's about using popularity (of an idea- female superiority (not feminism)) for monetary gain.

But by nature it is also feminism because it portrays women in strong roles, normalizing the idea that women can take on these roles and characteristics once reserved only for men.

If there's a woman out there left in the western world that doesn't think they can kick alien ass while piloting a spaceship to Mars at this point though, they must be living under a rock. Made of patriarchy.

Ha yes, the reapers video in particular, I just find the videos kind of interesting. Muse has kind of taken a stark new direction with their last album.

Reapers is interesting though, I almost feel like it's all sort of social commentary on feminism, social constructsecurity and things like that...

I mean the drones in this case are kind of one of the main topics the entire album revolves around and in particular act as a sort of antagonist to the listener throughout the album or perhaps just as a precautionary warning or preomination to what the future might hold for humanity and those listening to the album. But yeah, I felt it was not outright women in reapers it seems using as a main focus, but I think in particular around sex appeal, and how the media uses it to sell things so often still, and how in a sense how we are all in essence being seduced and manipulated by this veener of sex appeal, glamour, that is seemingly inciting, seductive, but ultimately lacking in substance and genuine fulfillment that is ultimately desired often mistaken for as something else altogether.

Last edited: