Does exclusion make anyone else violently angry? | INFJ Forum

Does exclusion make anyone else violently angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
Managing emotions has always been something that is somewhat hard for me, It feels like a big balloon in my chest that swells up until I can't see straight or think right when I feel something is unjustified (seems slightly crazy I know)
but here's what got me the other day, and yes I'm nearly positive that this is a just marketing gimmick and effects nothing but for some reason it really got to me. I'm a member of a dating site called OKcupid and recently found out that the following email was sent to half of the user base:

We are very pleased to report that you are in the top half of OkCupid's most attractive users. The scales recently tipped in your favor, and we thought you'd like to know.

How can we say this with confidence? We've tracked click-thrus on your photo and analyzed other people's reactions to you in QuickMatch and Quiver.

. . .
Your new elite status comes with one important privilege:

You will now see more attractive people in your match results.
This new status won't affect your actual match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But the people we recommend will be more attractive. Also! You'll be shown to more attractive people in their match results.

. . .
Suddenly, the world is your oyster. {Login now} and reap the rewards. And, no, we didn't just send this email to everyone on OkCupid. Go ask an ugly friend and see.

I was never sent one and it angered me so deeply, I don't care if people think I'm ugly but the aspect of exclusion makes me so unbelievably angry. I feel the same way about lines at clubs, I don't live in an area that does the whole face control thing but the concept of it makes me so mad that I would probably start a fight with a bouncer that rejected me like that. Anyway I'm just wondering where these angry feelings could possibly spawn from and if anyone here has any similar feelings toward these types of things. It's not that the email got me so riled up or anything it's just that it got me thinking about how I've always been so angry over those types of things, like I was angry in elementary school when events where 6th graders only and I was in the 5th grade or girls only and I was a boy.

You have to laugh at elitist douchebaggery. It's everywhere.

Think about the specific root cause of that anger. Is it properly placed?

Status
Not open for further replies.