Does anyone have experience with an ESFP

Lisabeth

Regular Poster
Mar 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
?
One is interested in me and I am wondering how the differences will play out.

I used to be close friends with one for years. It depends on what you want in a relationship. If you want fun, being spontanious and doing things, good. If you want a lot of depth and a long serious lasting relationship, not so good. Even though I guess, even ESFPs do change a bit when they get older when it comes to the lasting of their relationships. My friend jumped from guy to guy for years. But then she finally had a relationship that lasted several years.

my mom

lol sometimes we don't get along, but its only moments and they pass

it is interesting at times, but my mom, i wouldn't trade her for the world :)

If you want fun, being spontanious and doing things, good. If you want a lot of depth and a long serious lasting relationship, not so good.
i don't know about 'fun' but yes, spontaneous and doing things, unexpected, unplanned for, drop-everything-you're-doing things and run like an emergency for everything else. yes, it can be very frustratingly hectic at times

I would imagine the hardest thing for you is to keep up physically with the person--

and the hardest thing for the ESFP is to keep up mentally with you.

This particular type match-up is called relations of semi-duality or "moth-to-flame" in socionics: Semi-duality
(INFJ becomes IEI/INFp under that system)

heh

she just thinks i'm weird and she knows i'm very introverted
but things do get argumentative sometimes

especially when we are trying to work together or something
she has her ways and i have mine

she has more of a tendency to 'fly off the handle' than i do

i get upset too but i'm a lot more calmer on the outside
and it really tests my patience and tact

patience and tact is key with my esfp lol

*sigh
she also has a habit of dropping unexpected plans in my lap and expects me to jump to it
right away!

grrr ya, lol
tht's my mom

especially when we are trying to work together or something
she has her ways and i have mine

she has more of a tendency to 'fly off the handle' than i do
this is something I've noted with both ENFPs and ESFPs, they react emotionally to whatever is happening in the moment but they are quick to cool down as well ... INFJs in comparison build up slower and retain their emotions longer