Do you want to change? | INFJ Forum

Do you want to change?

soulseeker

Permanent Fixture
Dec 19, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Do you ever think or wish that you could be another type?

and if you would want to be another type.. what would you want to be?

or ....DO YOU SOMETIMES THINK THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AN INFJ?

do you want to be a combination?(like retain some of the INFJ traits and mix it with some ENFP OR ENTP traits etc..)

for me.... sometimes or most of the times.....I wish i wasn't too deep.... I wish i didn't know "reality" that much...I wish that...i could belong and be an extrovert.....(which is better in our society)

how about you?

Any type would do as long as i am a good person and of course has some essence of myself.Seems like fun if i could see how others view things.

I'm an ENFP, and I'm cool with that. But sometimes, thinking instead of feeling seems more rational, therefore desirable in conversation. But the feeling part also is handier when I'm persuading, because I can explain the feelings so clearly, that it's hard for people to not see my side of the story, and eventually agree with me. That sounds a little bit maniacle, doesn't it?

I have a strong T function and am very logical/rational. i will often dismiss my feelings in favour of cold hard logic. I still get very strong feelings/intuitions about things but I consider whether or not I listen to them also part of the logic. I figure out the odds that my intuition is correct based on previous experience of similar situations and just throw that in with all the other pieces of information for consideration. I am also half way between E and I. I should really change my MBTI to xNxJ

Whilst INFJ's are fantastic people (me included lol) they live a troubled existence. I don't want to be an INFJ and am actively changing my cognative processes in order to be more balanced. My moral code is one thing that I will cling on to though. that is our true strength.

I'd like to be ENFP, but then I'd be missing out on the wonderful INF experience, which is as much a blessing as it is a curse.

id never change eventhough my quietness gets me in sticky situations

id never change eventhough my quietness gets me in sticky situations

I can empathise with you there. I too would like to change from being so socially retarded and shy, as sometimes being quiet people think i'm being rude..

for me.... sometimes or most of the times.....I wish i wasn't too deep.... I wish i didn't know "reality" that much...I wish that...i could belong and be an extrovert.....(which is better in our society)

I have felt at times like extroverts are more socially accepted and that being an introvert I didn't quite fit in. But, I never thought that meant there was something wrong with me. Actually it speaks to the fact that our society is one of instant gratification-fast food, tv on demand, etc... As a people we don't like to have to work or wait for anything. So, it makes sense that introverts would be on the outside sometimes. It takes longer to get to know us than it takes to "get to know" extroverts who seem to put everything out front. I think a lot of times we just don't want to make the effort.

I have a friend who's an ISFP and I really admire her ability to fit into new situations and not let things from the past keep her down when it's not around anymore and she certainly does not let things outside her day to day life bring her down. A few times I've even been jealous. In the end, though, I think I prefer alternating between being pissed off and depressed, with occasional bouts of being in love with life (and not letting most people onto which it is at the moment).

[SIZE=Default]Seems like fun if i could see how others view things.

By the way, you can. It'll surprise some of the sensory oriented people like the ISFP I just mentioned if you can relate to them while being a noticeably different person, but it's definitely doable if you observe and think about people without starting at your own mode of perception. But I don't think this is best approached with MBTI terms, better to start at observations than at that.
[/SIZE]

The only thing I'd like to change is to be more of a T. I have way too much emotion.

The only thing I'd like to change is to be more of a T. I have way too much emotion.

I seem to like giving (edit: unsolicited) advice... okay, here it goes. Don't try to have less emotion, try to have more self control. If you have 10 times the emotion as people around you, you just need to build up 10 times the self control too... healthy self control, that doesn't deny your feelings but reigns them in.

I seem to like giving (edit: unsolicited) advice... okay, here it goes. Don't try to have less emotion, try to have more self control. If you have 10 times the emotion as people around you, you just need to build up 10 times the self control too... healthy self control, that doesn't deny your feelings but reigns them in.

yeah maybe i totally believe in that....... you know what......I think INFJs can be really really really really really 100 gazillion times GREAT GREAT GREAT PEOPLE.....if only we knew the right things to do like those stuff as you mentioned above like SELF CONTROL...

because you know.. we do UNDERSTAND a LOT OF people.....WE ARE KIND PEOPLE..WE CARE ABOUT OTHER WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT US OR OTHERS...or wtvr...IN SHORT.. I THINK WE'RE CUDDLY LOVING PEOPLE :m032:......... WE'RE JUST HYPER SENSITIVE:m169::m142::m192:

BUT......I REALLY THINK THAT IF WE JUST KNEW WHAT TO DO.. THE RIGHT THINGS LIKE.. SELF-CONTROL, NOT BEING TOOOO SENSITIVE,,, ETC.... WE'RE GONNA BE LEGENDS!!!!:m027::mwaa:

I'd like to change. But not my type. I'm trying to effect positive changes for myself within my type, I guess.

As great as I think I am as a person, when I take a look at others, I wish i was more sociable, more outgoing, more athletic, richer, etc.

But in general, INFJ want to constantly improve the problem that arises is usually wanting to change too much at once and in the end, we get nothing done.

yeah maybe i totally believe in that....... you know what......I think INFJs can be really really really really really 100 gazillion times GREAT GREAT GREAT PEOPLE.....if only we knew the right things to do like those stuff as you mentioned above like SELF CONTROL...

because you know.. we do UNDERSTAND a LOT OF people.....WE ARE KIND PEOPLE..WE CARE ABOUT OTHER WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT US OR OTHERS...or wtvr...IN SHORT.. I THINK WE'RE CUDDLY LOVING PEOPLE :m032:......... WE'RE JUST HYPER SENSITIVE:m169::m142::m192:

BUT......I REALLY THINK THAT IF WE JUST KNEW WHAT TO DO.. THE RIGHT THINGS LIKE.. SELF-CONTROL, NOT BEING TOOOO SENSITIVE,,, ETC.... WE'RE GONNA BE LEGENDS!!!!:m027::mwaa:

HEYYYYY!!!!:mwaa:

You type like me! when im hyper i guess.

and your signature...do you dance? I do. I practice The art of Breakdancing.....:m183:

What do you do?

And yes....i too believe were are somewhat legends!:m062:

although i think neone can be....but our type of thinking is just perfect!

I always want to change, but I'm not sure I can in the ways I want to. I sometimes wonder if it is worth changing those things; no one is perfect.

I don't want to change. I'd like to know what type I am, but I don't think I belong anywhere actually. It doesn't *really* matter I suppose.

No, I am perfect.

I am completely happy with my type and wouldn't change a thing. Over the years I have learned to be a bit more E, but do not want to cross the line to the other side. Being and introvert is much better for me and I do not care if the whole world thinks otherwise.

ENFJs seem like perfect people to me, but I prefer to marry one, than to become myself.

Last edited: