Do you ever wish you'd kept a better track of your life? | INFJ Forum

Do you ever wish you'd kept a better track of your life?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
In particular the groups of people you knew as you grew up, I think this has "turned over" about five or six times, there's people I'm glad I dont remember but there's always people who I wish I could discover a list of their names or a reference to them some place.

I've kept diaries over the years but I usually destroy them and find that they are more useful as a sort of catharsis at the time rather than as a good record for later on.

Hello there, Lark.

It's the second time I come across on of your messages that speak about catharsis; I understand what you mean and it's nice to see the different paradigms of people here — in my case, writing diaries would come as half practicality , half exorcism. But anyway.

I have a good memory, it's easy for me to remember the people I have met in my life — since I was three years old, I believe. I'm much different now from what I was two years ago, and five, and... so on, so there are many of them that would be surprising to meet again, but that I wouldn't actively be looking for. But when I do, it's easy: I can remember their names, even after years — or the name of a friend we had in common, or someone of their family etc. — and with all those social networks and all that, it's not hard to localize them.

Sometimes I do wish I had written about some events, just to keep tab of my writing skills at the period and to know how I would refer to certain events in this way — I have found some, every single one of them either made me laugh or be very, very sad. Ces't la vie.

Best regards to you. :)

I wish I had kept track of dates. It seems I kept track of everything else but the exact date, or even just the general date. It sucks cause when I tell a story about a particular time I stop myself trying to remember what year it was, how old I was, something -anything. Only to wave my hand and say 'a while ago.'

I wish I had kept track of dates. It seems I kept track of everything else but the exact date, or even just the general date. It sucks cause when I tell a story about a particular time I stop myself trying to remember what year it was, how old I was, something -anything. Only to wave my hand and say 'a while ago.'

I totally get that, I also tell a story with some of my friends and they'll be like that was ten years ago (or more) and it strikes me how in my mind its been just yesterday but its really not been.