Do you care what people think about you? | INFJ Forum

Do you care what people think about you?

foureyes

Community Member
Aug 15, 2009
MBTI
unclear
or more specifically what strangers think about you? ppl in general works also . . .

yeah a little bit and it can be quite nerve wracking as well. I feel like one little move I make I'm being watched by people.

no. (unless they are a position to put me in physical/emotional harm)

I used to all the time. But I'm finding now that as I learn more about myself and others I realized out irrelevant others perceptions are of me. Perceptions aren't something I can control (I can influence them by attempting to act a certain way in the hopes to establish a certain perception in the minds of others) but in the end being someone else to make others happy takes a toll on your own happiness. I'm finding the more I focus on what makes me happy and doing what feels right to me. The more authentic stable people seek me out to connect with. As for the other people that might have a problem with the way I am. I avoid them; bitter intolerant people aren't any fun anyways.

I do, and I don't at the same time. If people dislike me for valid reasons, then I really have no control in the matter, and shouldn't care. Concidering that there are a large number of people that I don't like, it is only fair really. However, I do feel rather upset when I find that someone doesn't like me (and I did not predict it). I don't want people to get the wrong idea of me and dislike me for a wrong idea.

I really do strive to be liked by everyone though. I am also incredibly nosy, and want to know what everyone thinks of me, just for the sake of knowing.

I generally don't care unless they make a point to voice bad opinions behind my back. I don't think people should bad mouth people they have nothing to do with but unfortunately that's exactly what some people do.

I do, and I don't at the same time. If people dislike me for valid reasons, then I really have no control in the matter, and shouldn't care. Concidering that there are a large number of people that I don't like, it is only fair really. However, I do feel rather upset when I find that someone doesn't like me (and I did not predict it). I don't want people to get the wrong idea of me and dislike me for a wrong idea.

I really do strive to be liked by everyone though. I am also incredibly nosy, and want to know what everyone thinks of me, just for the sake of knowing.
I feel very much the same with the not wanting people to get the wrong idea about me and striving to be liked by everyone.

I want people to like me, but I guess beyond that I don't necessarily care what they 'think' about me. I can live with people not liking me, I sleep well at night, but I'd prefer it if the world adored me.

No,not really .I tend to care more about what people think about my looks .This has always been my obssesion .I know I sound vain.:(

Yeah, I care what people think about me. I want people to perceive mye in a certain way. If they don't it kind of sucks really.

But then again I don't care. I'll make decisions and actions based on my own values and if that goes against what others think or believe then so be it. In that sense I can go against the grain.

To be honest, I care very much what people think, and I will go to extremities to change myself for them. I really want people to like me, and nothing scares me more than having a group of peers either upset with me or telling me I am wrong. Even if I know that I am right, I can't handle the situation and will probably break down.

No. I am very tolerant of what people think of me and it generally does not harm to me. I've noticed I react a bit more to entire societies, but it isn't exactly what they 'think' of me that bothers me, it's when others attempt to change the way you are that puts me on uneasy. Opinions are like arsholes, everyone has one, and some like to push theirs in other people's faces more than others.

I'm afraid so. Very much so

I don't know. I'm never consistent in that regard. Some days, I'll care a whole heap, and agonize over whether I gave someone the wrong impression of me. Other days, I'm just able to give a mental shrug and do my own thing. I like those days.

But yeah, how much I care depends on how emotional I am at the time. And by emotional, I mean pessimistic and self-deprecating. If I'm any of those, I'll just be looking for any reason to feel like I'll never live up to anyone's standards, let alone my own.

Only if I think they matter.

No. I am very tolerant of what people think of me and it generally does not harm to me. I've noticed I react a bit more to entire societies, but it isn't exactly what they 'think' of me that bothers me, it's when others attempt to change the way you are that puts me on uneasy. Opinions are like arsholes, everyone has one, and some like to push theirs in other people's faces more than others.

How do you do that?

Tell me how to do that!

How do you do that?

Tell me how to do that!

Absolut_Vodka_by_RedDragonPhoenix.jpg