Do TSJ's do not seem like they have Fi? | INFJ Forum

Do TSJ's do not seem like they have Fi?

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
Disclaimer: One could apply what I am saying to XXTJ's as well, it's just that what spurred me to ask about them was a person that I know in my life, and as well I find it kind of curious.

I know it's supposed to be inferior but this ESTJ I know have really obvious and strong Te---but then does not seem like they have Fi at all. Why is that? They avoid their real feelings completely and ignore and avoid the possibility of anything that is authentic or genuine in an emotional sense and tries to control their feelings completely, and will always associate the outer face they put with the world for genuine or real emotional or social interactions and they go about living life that way.

They try to control everything and want it to run to some weird SJ system that they have, based on rigid adherence to normalcy, and tradition, I was wondering why this is?

Last edited:
4a08c3acca10d2b4183aff7ed3924fd0--front-doors-lost-in-translation.jpg

Translation: I have no idea what you are getting at. Please write more clearly so that I may answer more succinctly.

*apologies for mean spirited joke

4a08c3acca10d2b4183aff7ed3924fd0--front-doors-lost-in-translation.jpg

Translation: I have no idea what you are getting at. Please write more clearly so that I may answer more succinctly.

*apologies for mean spirited joke

I think it's pretty clear.

I'm sorry, I just can't follow the grid, I don't know how so much of the world can, it's simply unbearable to me. I was merely trying to reach a place of understanding inferior fi in STJ's and how this translates into their thoughts and actions. It's just that I don't really see it at all.
I suppose this person has a unique take on their fashion sense a bit, or their personal decor. I get a sense that there's a bit of a sense of separateness with them in comparison to strong Fe, wherein, they do not seem to try and connect socially in the same way exactly. The reason I wrote that is because I just startlingly realized that I hardly see inferior fi in STJs at all.
I find it a little strange, because in a sense, Fi is kind of the antithesis of Te, yet if the nearest feeling function, then it can not altogether be 'unhealthy' can it? so is it to say that F's have often unhealthy feeling functions?

If it would help any, I am close to someone who is an ESTJ, and in regards to us both having Fi in our functions stack, I often have trouble connecting with said person at all. The Te always gets in the way, but then I often don't see the Fi very much at all. I think I see bits of it here and their, but it's like in this discombobulated way that's the inverse of how I experience such things. It makes me think that they have a suit of armor, and there are themselves somewhere, but they don't want anyone to see them.

On another note: I could have easily perhaps said EXTJ(XNTJ's as well likewise)
But I just wanted help understanding said person. It's difficult getting to know "the real them" beyond their 'best face' that they present to the world, and I find it peculiar, at least in regards to myself. Also, my individuality bothers this person. Of course, likewise, I have known some EXTJ's who are a bit more individualistic on average, but often times I notice they don't seem to care for me very much.

No offense, but alot of ESTJ's seem to by default see me as weak, if not kind of freaky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and t56hg2bv
I would guess ExTJs tend make poor decisions when they allow their personal feelings to overtake their sense of logic, because as an inferior function their Fi would be considerably less developed and sophisticated than that of an FP. They may get a vague sense of what's right and wrong from their feelings, but if they haven't adequately examined their value system it could lead to a poor outcome. I can see how this would lead an ESTJ especially to shunt their Fi to the side, as Si will provide nagging reminders of bad decisions they made when they let their feelings get in the way.

As for getting to know them better - I've found the best way to do that with an ESTJ is to get them talking and telling stories about their past, because in my experience they all love doing this. At that point it's up to you to probe deeper using your Ne to figure out what really makes them tick. Alcohol also helps them open up, if you're into that. :blush:

Reactions: Wyote and t56hg2bv