Do most other types tend to avoid difficult emotions and sweep things under the rug? | INFJ Forum

Do most other types tend to avoid difficult emotions and sweep things under the rug?

FUK THAT I WANNA SAY SOMETHING

In my experience, most people sweep difficult emotions under the rug. I haven't known enough INFJs well enough and for long enough to comment if it's significantly different for this type, though.

Many of the xxTxs in my life have pretended or claimed not to have emotional responses to occurrences that have affected them personally, but often I have witnessed them blow up as a result of repressing these emotions. In their case, I believe it's because they don't view emotions as constructive. I still struggle to understand why certain emotions are valuable, and it wasn't too long ago that I generally regarded shows of emotion as a sign of weakness.

I haven't had a lot of close relationships with Feelers, other than a few with INFPs. They generally are more accepting of emotional expression, though I wouldn't say the ones I know necessarily face them head on as much as drown themselves in them. It seems less of an impartial approach as INFJs seem to take.

These are just my personal experiences... Emotions are complex and I suck at them mmk

Reactions: Wyote
I face them head on absolutely, used to be one of those doom and gloom prophets of doom on youtube years back. It certainly felt good getting ahead of the curve and it was cool to beat MSM to some things by days while everyone else went on in complete bliss.

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
I find that INFJs usually know themselves pretty well and have a tendency to face difficult emotions and situations head on while most other types would rather sweep them under the rug. Why do you think this is so?

My experience has been that the courage to face difficult emotions head on is not something that is determined by one's type.

I could easily see how to a Fi user, a Fe user doesn't face their emotions as deeply as they could; and vice versa.

Reactions: Bellosome and Wyote