Do EFJs help develop your Fe? | INFJ Forum

Do EFJs help develop your Fe?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Since EFJs have higher Fe, does that mean interacting with them helps develop your Fe?
Or is it just pleasant to interact with them because of a similar function?

Last edited:
No. I know an ENFJ and an ESFJ. Interactions with the ENFJ do, and I find typically find their personality intriguing (minus the tendency for manipulation), whereas I find discussions with the ESFJ I know kind of stunted. The combination of them being conflict-averse and not inclined to question things or accept questions results in me not knowing how to have a converstion with them. I'm not typically instigatory, but I appreciate a conversation built around inquiries and possibilities and somehow this doesn't seem to mesh well with the other party's interests. Their lack of logic also activates my Te or Ti (whichever one it is that wishes to relate things based on common sense and logic), which clashes with their Fe and aversion to conflict or anything potentially resembling conflict, which (upon recognizing their desire to not continue in the direction in which I'd like to persist) results in me shutting down and the conversation feeling stunted and as a result me feeling bored. They are sweet as pie, but the imbalance is too great.
To be fair, I am kind of intense and have a capacity for bluntness (which I've learned to mute unless appropriate), so perhaps it's as much a clash of two individuals' personalities as MBTI tendencies. I'm sure they'd be able to give you an interesting account from their perspective, as well.

Last edited:
Esfjs most certainly do. I've had plenty of deep relationships with esfjs, they create the fe mood aggressively, or at least more than types with fe 2nd and below. Around them its always easier to use fe, rather they like it. Whether its improved or not depends on your willingness, but always easier in the moment.
Estjs- As the esfjs try to create an fe mood, the estjs do it with te! So I can't see how that would in any way help you develop your fe.

Are you talking about EFJs?

ENFJs >> helping in a sense of depth, growth; perspective and moral, the various, personal ways Fe can develop; potential and possibility, variation.
ESFJs >> helping in a sense of width, form; courtesy and politeness, elegance. The various, general ways Fe showed IRL.
ESTJs >> helping in a sense of strength, value; honor and etiquette, concreteness of it. The visible rules of Fe; rules of conduct. And its reasoning.
and just to make complete;
ENTJs >> helping in a sense of facets, shapes; decency and directness ; the straying, the ignoring, the questioning. The various ways Fe could go wrong; the various ways to combat Fe. The knowledge to disassemble, to reassemble.

I think it would be interesting if that were the case, but Fe is probably something you have to work at yourself.

I'm afraid it is useless without the Fo and the Fum

My ENFJ friend def. helps me with my Fe. She is so open about her feelings and such a sweetie. She isnt manipulative in the slightest either.

ESFJs... nope. I cannot talk to them. It just doesnt work. I have tried and tried, but it feels like there is a brick wall inbetween us.

They tend to judge me a lot more than most people, thats for sure.

My ENFJ friend def. helps me with my Fe. She is so open about her feelings and such a sweetie. She isnt manipulative in the slightest either.

ESFJs... nope. I cannot talk to them. It just doesnt work. I have tried and tried, but it feels like there is a brick wall inbetween us.

I can talk to my ESFJ roommate and my ESFJ classmate. They are very smiley and giddy. But yes, there's a wall. In between superficiality and depth. :p

I know some ENFJs who are closed. But yes I know an ENFJ who is dazzingly open emotional and sweet. :p :p

Since EFJs have higher Fe, does that mean interacting with them helps develop your Fe?
Or is it just pleasant to interact with them because of a similar function?
If I am in company of people those are emanating Fe everywhere I usually get hyper. It doesn't develop my own Fe really, only makes me more excited and more in tune with what's going on and surroundings.