Divinity & Perfection | INFJ Forum

Divinity & Perfection

Auburn

Regular Poster
Oct 25, 2008
MBTI
INTP
The quest for happiness - the primary obsession of all humanity. It defines the entirety of human existence - it's history, cultures, wars, arts, religions and deities - and has rattled the foundations of the world; shaping it into what it is today.

Every myth and god man has created is an attempt to answer the one fundamental question by claiming - This is the way to Happiness. Millions of different paths are fabricated as their imaginations attempt to claw their way up to completion, to actualization. Nay, there are billions of paths - for every human is a living testament, a one man religion with it's own fantasy of what is perfection.

bjwvp.png

Perfection
The desire for an end to all suffering, for the elimination of impurities of character, for a purging of selfishness, lust and sin - are all futile efforts stemming from a misunderstanding of one very simple truth. Man is perfect as he is.

Just as a lizard is perfectly adapted to it's terrain, and how fish have fins to swim, and lions hunt prey to eat - yet none can blame them for what they do - the human body is no different. Every instinct and natural inclination we have is sinless and part of our adaptation for our own preservation. Our genetics blueprint carries within it the key to our perfection, for it defines perfection for us. It alone understands what is truly "right" and "wrong" for it defines those terms for us, in relation to us, and promises to grant euphoria upon those who abide by it and listen to it's voice.

Misconceptions
Even pain and suffering are a part of the body's function, preserved within our coding for our own good, and a necessity for avoiding harm. Hatred, vengeance, jealousy, lust, anger - all sacred emotions which carry no guile in themselves, for they are in place for a reason and exist as an aspect of the body's complete wellness.

Whosoever desires to eliminate from humanity any aspect of it's nature does so out of lack of understanding of the necessity of each function - grotesque as they may appear to their eyes. They are like unto a novice engineer who upon disassembling a complex machine says to himself - This washer is not needed, neither is this nut - in an attempt to make the machine more efficient, but instead causes the destruction of the machine, not able to see the importance of those few parts which he had eliminated.

Nature is God of itself, and it alone possesses the wisdom to guide those who are a part of nature to holiness. The Body is a Bible unto itself, and alone able to provide the guidance necessary to live a fulfilled life to he who takes the time to get to know it, love it, and understand it's ways.

288s9dx.png

Religion
Oh how presumptuous it is of any doctrine or scripture to claim Truth over things pertaining to nature. They say to themselves - This is how we should be - and indulge in judging the body without wisdom, creating a self-destructive doctrine which leads it's followers ever farther away from Perfection.

The misunderstanding of one's nature leads to a rejection of the Self, a neglect and abuse that leads to an internal hollowness/unhappiness. Cultures which lack this psychological understanding give birth to a race of masochists. The moral conscience becomes the enemy of the natural conscience - causing an internal conflict and destruction.

The christian bible is a perfect example of such a culture. It is a mixture of the Natural Bible and the culture of of an ancient/outdated people - who lacked understanding of biology and the human mind. Some aspects resonate with the body, lessons of nature plagiarized by it's writers and attributed as their own. Other aspects are clearly out of sync with Natural Law.

Per example, what is referred by the christian Bible as Adultery is also a natural human condition. The urge to have sex does not diminish once one has a spouse. True, there is more desire to have sex with the spouse than other people (initially?) however, the body itself still craves sex outside of those parameters. It's completely natural and every wife/husband feels it - whether they admit it or not.

122g57l.jpg

Were they not so despising of their own nature, they'd see that there is no shame; it is human. There is no shame for being human. Were they not brought up in a culture that teaches them to interpret such signs, such actions, as a symbol of betrayal, they may very well feel pleasant joy for their partner as s/he basks in euphoria with others. They would learn a truer love.

Homosexuality is another unjustly condemned orientation that is actually rather natural. It's saddening when I consider that the term "Homosexual" was in psychology books listed as a mental illness up until 1973. And I fail to list the rest, as there are countless of them...

But such normal conditions are labeled sin, a virus, that needs to be purged from our being. We are sold the lie that we are in need of healing some invisible disease, and the very source that sells us this lie claims to have the only cure. Well now isn't that convenient....

And it is not only religion's advocates that upholds such irrational, sadistic, standards. Most who claim to have no religion still ascribe, whether consciously or subconsciously, to beliefs that are contrary to Nature. The primary obstacle in the way of humanity and it's actualization is living forever with the mind as an enemy to the body. Peace, the very thing they cry out for day and night, can never be attained by those who are in constant war with themselves.

2s9vv47.png

Actualization
The path to actualization is therefore a journey to return to our first mother. It is a quest to understand the Self and respect it's nature as Divine. It means to develop hypersensitivity to one's own physical state - to be ever alert to the signs of the body and honoring them. It implies we search within ourselves in complete honesty to find and destroy every disguised belief we hold that does not synchronize with who we are.

Perfection begins by falling in love with yourself. Then, once this essential intimacy is formed, when the relationship with the Self is secured, the eye is turned to development.

A perfect man is one who is always 'becoming'. The very same code that defines our perfection also holds within it a desire for growth, a desire to improve endlessly. Yet so many falsely interpret this desire to improve and say to themselves - We are imperfect, else we would not desire improvement - when instead, the desire to improve is part of our perfection. The human species is always evolving, and therefore, paradoxically, in striving for a higher, more perfect goal, it reaches it's destination.​

Last edited:
We can go near to divinity and its perfection.

We can go near to him and yes, we can love this divinity fully. Without any limits and same we will receive from divinity. :smile:

Building a society more in tune with the needs of the body....an interesting concept

However some very powerful people have a lot invested in keeping things just as they are...cognative dissonance and all

<BLOCKQUOTE>The quest for happiness - the primary obsession of all humanity. It defines the entirety of human existence - it's history, cultures, wars, arts, religions and deities - and has rattled the foundations of the world; shaping it into what it is today.

Every myth and god man has created is an attempt to answer the one fundamental question by claiming - This is the way to Happiness. Millions of different paths are fabricated as their imaginations attempt to claw their way up to completion, to actualization. Nay, there are billions of paths - for every human is a living testament, a one man religion with it's own fantasy of what is perfection.

bjwvp.png

Perfection
The desire for an end to all suffering, for the elimination of impurities of character, for a purging of selfishness, lust and sin - are all futile efforts stemming from a misunderstanding of one very simple truth. Man is perfect as he is.

Just as a lizard is perfectly adapted to it's terrain, and how fish have fins to swim, and lions hunt prey to eat - yet none can blame them for what they do - the human body is no different. Every instinct and natural inclination we have is sinless and part of our adaptation for our own preservation. Our genetics blueprint carries within it the key to our perfection, for it defines perfection for us. It alone understands what is truly "right" and "wrong" for it defines those terms for us, in relation to us, and promises to grant euphoria upon those who abide by it and listen to it's voice.

Misconceptions
Even pain and suffering are a part of the body's function, preserved within our coding for our own good, and a necessity for avoiding harm. Hatred, vengeance, jealousy, lust, anger - all sacred emotions which carry no guile in themselves, for they are in place for a reason and exist as an aspect of the body's complete wellness.

Whosoever desires to eliminate from humanity any aspect of it's nature does so out of lack of understanding of the necessity of each function - grotesque as they may appear to their eyes. They are like unto a novice engineer who upon disassembling a complex machine says to himself - This washer is not needed, neither is this nut - in an attempt to make the machine more efficient, but instead causes the destruction of the machine, not able to see the importance of those few parts which he had elimi

Last edited:
your words are cheap, they taste like honey when put into your mouth but are bitter when swallowed

I think Barnabas is offended. He appears to be making a biblical reference about the nature of sin- how sin is pleasing in the moment, but eventually leads to death.

Or in more sensible terms, initial appearances are deceiving.

Any more nonsense you would like to share with us, Barnabas?

Or in more sensible terms, initial appearances are deceiving.

Any more nonsense you would like to share with us, Barnabas?

Why would you say that? That is offensive. It brings drama into a blog which is not your own.

edit: Oh damn lol for some reason I thought this was a blog! xD weird

Last edited by a moderator:
Revelations 10:10 is the quote I think.

I don't entirely disagree or agree with the OP.
Actually I don't think humankind is perfect. I think we're flawed in many ways... but that is because we are still evolving.
Maybe we will one day reach perfection when we are giant gelatinous heads on tentacle legs filled with nothing but empathy and understanding and compassion, incapable of violence and deceit because we have finally learned to live collectively and as one with nature.

Niffer- you do not consider Barnabas' words to be rude?

Let's review:

"your words are cheap, they taste like honey when put into your mouth but are bitter when swallowed"

How is that not offensive? How, in any stretch of the rational imagination, is that not bearing strife?

Is it now Barnabas' blog?

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s

Actually I don't think humankind is perfect. I think we're flawed in many ways... but that is because we are still evolving.
Maybe we will one day reach perfection when we are giant gelatinous heads on tentacle legs filled with nothing but empathy and understanding and compassion, incapable of violence and deceit because we have finally learned to live collectively and as one with nature.

I agree with that, ACD. We are still evolving. Perhaps to OP is suggesting that it is a relative perfection- for where we are in our evolutionary point. It seems that the OP is not here to speak for her/his self.

Niffer- you do not consider Barnabas' words to be rude?

Let's review:

"your words are cheap, they taste like honey when put into your mouth but are bitter when swallowed"

How is that not offensive? How, in any stretch of the rational imagination, is that not bearing strife?

Is it now Barnabas' blog?

Lol yeah, for some reason I didn't realize this was in the philosophy/religion section.

It does bear strife, but you should give people room to explain themselves. I just think it's wrong to basically call what someone says bullshit and put words into their mouth. There's a more civil way to do it.

I interpreted the biblical reference, in the context of the OP, as:

Your words are appealing at a glance - poetic/aesthetic - persuading others to accept (swallow) them |
But the flare goes away once you actually digest them more extensively; disillusionment.

This may very well be so, though I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that opinion. However, I could be misinterpreting your statement altogether, please explain?

p.s. - It's quite hard to offend me with insults, I appreciate the backup but it's not needed.

I interpreted the biblical reference, in the context of the OP, as:

Your words are appealing at a glance - poetic/aesthetic - persuading others to accept (swallow) them |
But the flare goes away once you actually digest them more extensively; disillusionment.

This may very well be so, though I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that opinion. However, I could be misinterpreting your statement altogether, please explain?

p.s. - It's quite hard to offend me with insults, I appreciate the backup but it's not needed.

:)

I'm glad you're here to further refine your post.

I like your metaphor and I am curious is to whether that is what is he means. I don't read it your way, Auburn, but after years of hard labor in the church it is difficult to see it as that nuanced and well...civil.

But you know what they say about assuming.

Seeing as Auburn's post level is so low (0.07 per day) and I thought that Auburn had not posted since the original (over a year ago- and yes I see now that Auburn posted more recently) I estimated that Auburn was no longer active. Now I see that is not the case, obviously.

(I realize this was just imaginative, however..)

Humanity cannot reach the type of perfection you are defining here, I don't think. That is because the desire for improvement/evolution/innovation is an aspect of our nature:
A perfect man is one who is always 'becoming'. The very same code that defines our perfection also holds within it a desire for growth, a desire to improve endlessly. Yet so many falsely interpret this desire to improve and say to themselves - We are imperfect, else we would not desire improvement - when instead, the desire to improve is part of our perfection. The human species is always evolving, and therefore, paradoxically, in striving for a higher, more perfect goal, it reaches it's destination.
Adaptation is imperative to survival, and removing that ability would render us vulnerable for changes in our environment. We are perfect for having that ability and predisposition to actualize endlessly. And having that ability means a part of the human race will always been striving to better themselves with more novel ways of adaptation (i.e. medicine/longevity). Even if it reached the ultimate security of survival (immortality), it would still seek improvement - probably in it's euphoric experience; engineering ways to exist in ever higher and longer states of pleasure and ecstasy.

We are different than other species, in this regard, as other species have found a stasis with their ecosystem, and thus their adaptation/evolution is matched in power by their surroundings. However the human mind/intelligence has broken past ecological barriers and learned to survive in most all environments. Thus it's become a free-radical on this planet who's potential has no measurable limit.

The imagination could always fabricate a "more perfect" human, according to our fanciful thinking - but who are we to say our "model human" would truly be superior in practice? I am reminded of the Architect:
The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature.
In this he implies that he created a type of "Heaven" environment for humans who inhabit the matrix, but humanity was unadapted to such a flawless environment and consequently would wake up from it. Inversely true, I would argue that a (supposed) Perfect human would destruct in the environment of this world; it would be unfit for survival and die off.

As we are, we are exceptionally adapted to this mortal and natural world. Experiences we have which may seem abhorrent to us (violence/anger/deceit) are tangential behaviors that have their roots in completely natural and beneficial processes - although they may get a bit out of hand at times.

^ where'd all that come from? O_O
if you've made it this far I am terribly sorry for wasting your time..

Last edited:
If we are perfectly adapted to it, then why are we all so hell bent on destroying the world through consumption and exploitation of resources and overpopulation?
In that regard, we're dumber than the animals.
I think humanity has managed to adopt a pretty maladaptive stance in this epoch, at least.

Last edited: