Disney Princesses Drawn as Disney Princes

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What do you think?

Disney Princesses Drawn as Disney Princes by Sakimi Chan
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/news/a23998/disney-princesses-as-boys/

See more of Chan's work at link below:
http://sakimichan.tumblr.com/
53a1001a3134f_-_cos-01-sakimi-chan-xl.jpg

Canadian artist Sakimi Chan draws Disney princesses as boys, and, yes, it is amazing (via People). In addition to the male Ariel (Ari?) posing with a feminine Flounder seen above, there's Beauty and the Beast-ess:

53a1001d7d19f_-_cos-02-sakimi-chan-de.jpg

Frozen's Elsa:
53a1001b2248e_-_cos-03-elsa-de.jpg

Pocahontas:
53a1001c9ea9c_-_cos-04-pocahontas-de.jpg

And in a different kind of gender-bending twist, here's Hercules's Hades as a lady:
53a1001e5fb81_-_cos-05-hades-de.jpg

See more of Chan's gorgeous work here.

Omg! I've always liked his artworks, nice to see someone mentioning him here. :)

It's an interesting reaction of the last many years. What if this character is a different gender? What if this archetype is not what is expected? It's especially interesting in relation to androgyny, or simply expectations about gender. I look at the images above and I see feminine qualities. Smooth, polished like statues. Not bulky or as angular as typical portrayals of manhood. (Hell, not like me, which is probably where it starts.) The there-then-it's-gone state of undifferentiated youth.

I'm curious what you see in those images. Your gut reaction.

I've done it with a few stories. Start it off from a man's or boy's perspective and then decide I'm bored with it. What if this character's a woman? The events are the same, but the interpretation changes. Whether it's accurate or inaccurate I don't know, but it changes the mindset. If you don't know what a woman may think about this or that, you haven't experienced enough.

Fun experiments.

Last edited: