Diffusion of Responsibility | INFJ Forum

Diffusion of Responsibility

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
It's not my place to say something.

Someone else must have said something already.

Maybe there is more to it than I see?

This must be condoned by the owner.

The eye of the beholder is the window to their brain. It is possible to see our actions as superfluous. We may discount the fact our responsibilities include trying to better everyone's experience(s) in a workplace. Moral disengagement can help create just the opposite, and can help propel one down into a spiral spin.

The infj can easily disembark on a path to social disengagement. Some think this is exacerbated with age, and can be arguably true in many instances.
maxresdefault.jpg

Some may even go as far as to grow weary of staring out the window, possibly wanting another view from another place because they do not wish to die there doing the same thing every day.

Another may see this, yet keep it to himself. Have they become judge, or have they become complacent and do nothing about anything?

If one were to turn one's head and look the other way, having already witnessed what they seek to not see, they then must manifest how to deal with this in their thoughts. They are also allowing what bothers them to go on and on by their non-confrontational inaction.

Some folk may end up alone and broke, when they should have been sitting behind a desk and allowing their ethics to help the many instead of the few. They may actually be letting others down.

I feel a great sense of responsibility for what I do and don't do even if it isn't always a simple circumstance.

That is great, but veiled. Does one ALWAYS try to do what one feels one should do, or does one shun some situations? Is one true to his own self and others, or does one allow a small group of people to do what is wrong? How does one handle this great sense of responsibility? Does one gamble with or edit whether or not something is urgent? Important? Necessary?

Does one swat at a gnat, only to swallow a camel?

Last edited:
or does one shun some situations?
Well, I sometimes shun some situations because I get burned out and need to rest. That said, as long as I'm alive, my responsibility to myself and others doesn't go away.

It's the greatest commandment.

OK, @Pin ... it can be personal if you are the only one to play.

When YOU know your responsibilities, who do people think they are to test you when they know how you are? Are they trying to run you away? Eat your ethics and morals? Become part of them? Some people can try and hide themselves, but the customers there to help them have this odor about them and cannot hide. They push it in your face. Do they really want to see how far you will take it? What you will do? Maybe kill you if you disagree to keep quiet?
Do they call them rats to scare them into believing they have done something wrong?

It is an assault on one's integrity, but more come out of hiding to make a joke of it. What do you do when the odds are all stacked up against you?

Reactions: Reason and Pin
I have come to believe that responsibility rather than 'free will' is the central concept of ethics.

Free will actually has little to do with ethics, other than the ability to choose whether we have them or not. That is more a taste of reality. I think ethics are rooted in how we are raised and our reactions to them. Some call good ethics as taking the moral high ground.

Some shun responsibilities to others and think only of themselves. Caring for others is part of morality. Good ethics carries responsibilities. I do agree with what you said.

We know how we will choose and use our ethics if we have good ethics. It is au naturel. Thanks for your participation.

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
Pretty sad state to be when humanity can't resolve issues like this without resorting to systems and regulations, as for free will and choice without it people become slaves or worse machines.

Reactions: Ren and just me
I doubt it then.

Well, insofar as the physical world is causally closed, there cannot be free will in the world studied by science, presumably.

So it depends whether you think there is more to the world than the physical. As a Catholic you might be exposed to contradiction if you were to hold that there is nothing beyond the physical world, though.

Reactions: Wyote and Pin