[INFJ] - difference between infj and intj? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] difference between infj and intj?

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
iv noticed a difference in dimenna between intjs and infjs intjs tend to have a more focused look to them they seem to be more light,like dynamic,were as infjs seem so complex like they holdng a alot of difference things at once while juggling a few bowling pins,also infjs seem to be more rounded while intjs seem to be more piercing?
the intj is like a quick jab to the temple
while the infj is like an accurate strike to the throat

Last edited:
What are you basing these conclusions from?

I live with an INTJ. The main differences I've noticed are in regards to his Te (extroverted thinking) and Fi (introverted feeling). INFJ's functions differing: Ti and Fe.

In regards to Te and Ti. He'll voice out his ideas, and develop through them out loud, arriving at his final conclusion not necessarily before he has spoken but while and after he has spoken/expressed his ideas. He'll often say: "I'm thinking out aloud here..." Whereas with Ti, I primarily do my thought processes in my head, usually only voicing ideas that I have already finalised. He'll also be more likely to comment on something (i.e. an article read out aloud by my ENFP friend), whereas I more frequently don't bother expressing what's in my head. Often when I do express something from within 'my head', I am only doing so for the sake of sociability (here comes Fe), since usually I don't even want to say anything and feel no need whatsoever - it's like: "Ah okay, I may as well say it."

Edit: I can't relate too much to the differences you've drawn between INTJ's and INFJ's, but I can see what you're getting at. In my experience INTJ's can be much more lighter and dynamic at certain moments than the INFJ, but this is only ever temporary, as the norm seems to be a sort of chilled-somber-plain-face which can be very hard to read! Fortunately vibes help one to gage their mood. But then again, INFJ's can have a similar plain-face. But Fe really is a noticeable difference to Fi. I live with three people with Fi!

Last edited:
I'm really curious what [MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] will say.

I'm really curious what [MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] will say.
Me too.

INFJs ooze and reflect emotions; their bearing is almost like a barometer of the general mood at a gathering. If I want to know how everyone is, I just have to look at an INFJ's expression. Their own moods seem more obvious, when they are alone and you first see them, before they can start mirroring my own. Of the INFJs I know in person, there seems to be a significant amount of melancholy, with smatterings of quiet, playful, happy musing.

As for my INTJ friends, and from comments made about my bearing, we often seem aloof from other people's emotions; we are aware of how people feel, but you won't get emotional reactions. INTJ responses to emotions may range from helping/problem solving, to contempt/avoidance. Most of the time, you'll encounter our own mood, written clearly on our expression: engaged interest, or impatience (at being interrupted, or with the project at hand), sometimes scrutinising interest, etc. I originally chose my eagle avatar, before I identified as INTJ, party because people have always said that when I look at them, they feel as though they are a rabbit being watched by an eagle from a distance. (I am fond of that metaphor for myself: observing the world keenly, from my solitude, while making big-picture plans).

I think there are 2 answers to this...depending on your definition of INTJ and INFJ. Some use this more or less as code for Ni-dominants with Te or Fe auxiliary. Others use it as code for Ni-dominant with T or F auxiliary (more Jungian).
Others use it for the dichotomies types.

From the last perspective, it is noteworthy that T/F J/P maps a bit messily onto Big 5 Conscientiousness. Unfortunately, sometimes TJs show up the most Conscientious of all. Other times, F has little to do with Conscientiousness. I have a feeling the main issue is T/F's inclusion of toughminded competence-seeking on the T end of the spectrum. There are plenty of Conscientious Js who are sensitive, sympathetic people, and in my experience, dichotomies NFJ are less likely to be brashly critical of others and more likely to have strong idealism tied into their J-ish particularness, sometimes expecting more of others than they may fulfill.

NFJ are less likely to be brashly critical of others and more likely to have strong idealism tied into their J-ish particularness, sometimes expecting more of others than they may fulfill.

I love this analysis. nail on the head