Did Muhammed sin? Of course he did. Moses was kept from the promised land... | INFJ Forum

Did Muhammed sin? Of course he did. Moses was kept from the promised land...

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Moses was kept from the promised land because he killed someone. Muhammed killed. His people kill. Where does that leave him? His people?

The purpose of this thread is to show how easily threads like this can upset those of strong beliefs and convictions. Moses killed a man and was forbidden to come into the Promised Land, though he led his people there. To ask if Jesus could have sinned is, to me, bordering heresy. Picking on Mary, the physical Mother of Jesus, is downright lunacy. I do not need these threads to help me to look at anything. They are to try and get people to use reason and/or logic in the matters of faith. Why question people: to make your own lifestyle ok? Why try to rid the world of the concept of sin? Is nothing sacred to some of you? Why not just admit you don't want the Bible around you because it makes you feel uncomfortable? Then you can push your agenda on others? I am not a Jew. I claim my denomination to be Christian, but I have never in my life wanted to tear my clothes until this last day or two of subtle psychological warfare. Leave those of strong faith be.

It is written, " 1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy." When you speak things in a twisted manner, it is considered false and the ones prophesying it false prophets.

"40Let all things be done decently and in order."

Reactions: j654dgj7
Question: "Why was Moses not allowed to enter the Promised Land?"

Answer:
In Numbers 20:8, the Lord told Moses, "Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink." Numbers 20:9-11 records Moses' response: "So Moses took the staff from the LORD's presence, just as He commanded him. He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, ‘Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?’ Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank." The Lord was displeased with Moses’ actions: “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them” (Numbers 20:12).

What did Moses do that warranted such a severe penalty from the Lord? First, Moses disobeyed a direct command from God. God had commanded Moses to speak to the rock. Instead, Moses struck the rock with his staff. Second, Moses took the credit for bringing forth the water. Notice how in verse 10 Moses says, "Must we [referring to Moses and Aaron] bring you water out of this rock?" Moses took credit for the miracle himself, instead of attributing it to God. Third, Moses committed this sin in front of all the Israelites. Such a public example of direct disobedience could not go unpunished. Fourth, it seems that God had intended to present a type of Christ in this circumstance. The water-giving rock is used as a symbol of Christ in 1 Corinthians 10:4. The rock was struck once in Exodus 17:6, just like Christ was crucified once (Hebrews 7:27). Moses’ speaking to the rock in Numbers 20 was to be a picture of prayer; instead, Moses angrily struck the rock, in effect, crucifying Christ again. His punishment for disobedience, pride, and the misrepresentation of Christ’s sacrifice was that he was barred from entering the Promised Land (Numbers 20:12).
copied