Death of James Craig Anderson | INFJ Forum

Death of James Craig Anderson

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
A black man by the name of James Craig Anderson was ganged up on and killed by a group of white kids in Mississipi a few days ago, who are are reported to have sought out a black person to assault, and used racial slurs and white supremacist language throughout/following the attack. Essentially, they beat him up pretty badly and one of the teens later drove over him. I heard of this through an online news channel, which claimed it was not a major national headline in the U.S. (other than being covered by CNN), which I found upsetting in itself. This was a few days ago - is that still the case? Thoughts?

A link to the story: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/mississippi.hate.crime/index.html?iref=allsearch

May he rest in peace. This is horrible news.

The one thing I have notice in my experience is that the media will not sensationalize crimes that are committed by persons in the lower socio-economic levels (Of course I have no idea the background of any of the mentioned people ... just an assumption) and blacks who have been victimized. You have to remember that the media puts out desirable information to the demographic who watches their station. Racist ... not really, business marketing .... sure.

Racism is everywhere. I didn't realize the depth of it until I moved to the deep south. :(

:[

I hate the fact this is still common in America....

And in Minnesota 100s of blacks beat and robbed whites at the county fair...

people are fucked up.

As much as America crows around how great we are as a country, we are still not even one generation away from the Civil Rights movement. I was always sickened about the whole South Africa crap that went on in the 80's considering as a country, our separation by color was only about 20 years prior. We have a ways to go in race relations and it may take a generation or two. No "all" right or "all" wrong sides if you ask me.

Oh am I sorry to see this. From this article it appears the justice system is letting most of the perps off while treating the leader with "house arrest" status. Pretty cushy for someone who bragged he drove over a N _ _ .... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-deibert/what-james-craig-anderson_1_b_922733.html

Boy does this bring back bad memories from the past and worries about the future of America.
The leader of the group who did this clearly has AntiSocial Personality Disorder and should be jailed now and forever. Most of these kind are made when they are very young children by emotionally detached and/or physically absent parents. We'll be seeing more and more of this to come. That's my worry about the future...
My bad memory of the past is about the black man dragged to his death by 3 country boys who claimed allegiance to NeoNazis and the KKK - White Power. Ironically his name was James - James Byrd - and this happened here in an area I often camped and played in as a child. Sigh...
http://www.cnn.com/US/9807/06/dragging.death.02/index.html

I've often read over the years about Gang initiation rites where the one wanting to be a member had to randomly shoot someone or kill them somehow. I don't know if they targeted a particular race - or what. But it's clear to me we are steadily moving away from the idea that Life has value or meaning. We are alienated - divided - and conquered. Looks like the people over there in London are not interested in being conquered anymore...

That's despicable. So many lives damaged and ruined by a single act of blind and completely unfounded hatred. One precious life lost. James Craig Anderson, may you rest in peace.

Still, the sad thing is, acts of violence and racism like this happen every single day; it's only that every once in a while, the media decides to bring it to our attention. I'd hate to count the amount of cases that escape the public's notice.

Saddening. The eagle has not resolved all of its developmental problems. This is (still) an issue since America's inception -- the clamoring of tribes within a greater whole for attention and power. Welcome to the land of the craven and morally destitute!

Rest in peace, James Craig Anderson.