Dating INTP male | INFJ Forum

Dating INTP male

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, I've known this INTP for five years now, and I'm still unsure sometimes of how to handle the personality differences between us. (I'm supposedly an INFP). So, what are some pointers on understanding, connecting with, dating, or relating to the INTP male? Please share experiences. Thanks.

Don't take his apparent lack of fondness for you as lack of fondness for you

He likely considers any attempt to let you know he thinks you're awesome contrived and fake. You may have to ask him to compliment you

I will post more soon. Eating my tea

INTPs are INFJs that don't give a fuck

INFPs are INFJs that give a lot of fucks

INFPs and INTPs use Ne as secondary function and Si as tertiary so you both operate in that way, which is something I don't get as an INFJ. You can both talk about possibilities in the real world and how that relates internally all day every day and extrapolate on things forever and ever. Meanwhile I'm still just over here like uhhh what, dragons are lovely, the world is a crazy place and such. Hurrdurr. Then you guys finish up and I chime in with Ni with something amazing but nobody cares anymore. But I digress.

Ti and Fi will be at odds but if you are both sharply aware of the difference and ask the other to be accommodating and you both follow through on the arrangement then there should be little trouble. Since it's the dominant function for each, you are both quite intimate with it and should be keenly aware of when it's going into hyper overdrive.

Your inferior functions are also at odds, but this seems to pop up when you are attempting to expand/grow. It's sort of a good thing for them to be at odds as long as you are both supportive of individual growth. You can see the value in how the other person approaches tackling life's problems in a wholly different way. Just let them do it and don't be critical of a different method.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Don't take his apparent lack of fondness for you as lack of fondness for you

He likely considers any attempt to let you know he thinks you're awesome contrived and fake. You may have to ask him to compliment you

I will post more soon. Eating my tea

It seems one has to yell, do a belly dance, and/or do a clown show to get attention from said INTP. :m187:

It seems one has to yell, do a belly dance, and/or do a clown show to get attention from said INTP. :m187:

He is almost certainly entirely oblivious to this being an issue. He may think the world of you and you may never be able to tell.

I have received 354 thumbs up here but only given 64. I forget to give thumbs up to awesome posts. He probably forgets you need reassurance.

Explain this to him and you may well find depths of emotion and caring that may surprise you

All these thumbs up are making me feel guilty

Im going to have to start spamming everyone with thumbs up now

Their INFJ plan is working

c:<

latest

thanks for all the advice. I do like the honesty of the INTP. I can talk to him about almost anything, except feelings (in his case). Yes, we could go back and forth talking about various theories about relationships, etc. He has also has a weird sense of humor, which was fun. But I don't think we're a good fit. At the same time, I still wanted to get some insight into INTPs so that I could understand whether I was reading his behavior properly and would have more realistic expectations. He doesn't compromise well, which is likely his issue. I am not going to generalize to all INTPs. If he did, the relationship would have progressed. But, whatcha gonna do. :)