Date with an ENFJ | INFJ Forum

Date with an ENFJ

David W

Jun 17, 2021
United States
MBTI
INFJ
Is anyone friends with an ENFJ? I just had a date with a woman of that type. It didn't go as well as I hoped. I thought that since we share all the functions, though in a different order, we would have similarities, but I felt that she was a vastly different person from me. It seems like her dominant Fe takes over everything. Just an outpouring of everything about her, all in a rush, way to much to process. Anyone else have this experience?

Having just gotten out of a relationship with an ENFJ, I concur. We are much as better friends; when we were in a relationship, it felt as if his Fe overrode and his tendency toward Ti in his grip made me feel cold and alienated. Often.

I don't meet them very often. I had a date with one once; he was very handsome, charismatic and goal oriented. I liked him and could see he would make a good partner but there was a disconnect there. He was really focused on his future and what he wanted to do and I always feel a bit trapped in between the future and the past. My current partner and I are a better match I think because he's stuck in the present moment and can pull me out from either direction if I go to far forward or backwards.

I really enjoy their warmth and vision, though.

This is why choosing dates with the MBTI being a main factor often doesn't work and sometimes shockingly so. That kind of disconnect is something I strongly prefer to avoid regardless of the cost.

Reactions: yokai and slant