Contact - The Movie - Interesting Find | INFJ Forum

Contact - The Movie - Interesting Find

Paul S

Aug 11, 2017
Scotland
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I've just rewatched the movie Contact, starring Jodie Foster and Matthew McConnaughey. Love that movie. But I noticed a couple of things I hadn't thought of before.

Anyone else see it? Here's the times...

21:18 - the popcorn on the rug, the shape

1:59:25 - the sparkle of some sand in his hand, same shape

Easter egg? Hidden message in the movie?

One of the few movies I have watched multipile times. I did not pay that much attention. What's the shape?

Reactions: Gaze
Hi,

It's a crescent each time. The first scene with the popcorn caught my attention because it would never land in the floor like that, so I just found it odd.

Then in the 2nd scene when Ellie meets the "alien", he picks up sand in his hand, when it shows you his hand letting the sand fall, a sparkle on his palm shows in the shape of the same crescent.

I tried googling it thinking someone will have posted about it but I can't find anything. I'm now thinking it's something to do with the star system Vega, where the initial transmission comes from. But if you have any ideas, fire away.

It's a truly great film, underrated in my opinion. A pity the late Carl Sagan never got to see it.

Like you, I could watch it multiple times. Can't say that for many other movies.

Watched it a long time ago, and loved it. Can't remember too many details but always seem to remember even if it's hazy the scene where Jodie Foster makes contact in that in between place. Was cool.

I am a huge fan of this movie. It is a reference to the constellation of the alien's home world, which could possibly be Corona Borealis

"Corona Borealis is well-known as Carl Sagan's favorite, due to its resemblance to the dish shape of a radio telescope. Or to possibly also remind us that patterns gross and subtle repeat over and over through this funny life, if we just make ourselves receptive to them." http://bit.ly/2fVTI67

jAMFiig.jpg

220px-CoronaBorealisCC.jpg