Conspiracy Theories | INFJ Forum

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by arbygil, Dec 16, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by arbygil
  1. arbygil

    arbygil Passing through

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    Threads:
    382
    Messages:
    11,688
    Likes Received:
    1,368
    Trophy Points:
    881
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    This was...interesting and downright scary. Is it true? Who knows. But even if a tiny bit is true it's definitely something I wouldn't want to see any time soon. Eek!

    [YOUTUBE]m1Qb91mpSe8[/YOUTUBE]
     
  2. On my own path

    On my own path Community Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2009
    Threads:
    8
    Messages:
    219
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ProbablyINFJ
    I'm not sure if it is entirely true but the prospect is indeed frightening
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. randomsomeone

    randomsomeone Well-known member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2009
    Threads:
    8
    Messages:
    2,145
    Likes Received:
    308
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Perfect fodder for television.
     
  4. Questingpoet

    Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Threads:
    222
    Messages:
    5,733
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    941
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I've done a fair bit of research on HAARP and many other conspiricy theories. Kind of a hobby of mine. I am not going to push my pet theories on anyone, I'll just say there is a lot out there that doesn't get reported by the mainstream media. Research and find out for yourself. Keep a sceptics eye and use your Ni to sort though all the information, mis-information, dis-information, and just plain BS. Be prepared to be shocked too!

    HAARP, 911, NWO (and NAU), The Illuminati, The Pyramids on Mars--the list goes on and on. It's amazing what's covered up, and what some people will believe too. It's hard to tell fact from fiction. Here are a couple of examples.

    [YOUTUBE]xmDWviF3yZA[/YOUTUBE]

    [YOUTUBE]vuBo4E77ZXo[/YOUTUBE]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Questingpoet, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  5. BenW

    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    971
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    "...Brainwaves are, in part, radio waves."
    Um, no... They aren't, actually.
    Brainwaves are nothing but extremely weak electrical activity.
    They don't radiate in any way, shape, or form.
    I suppose this show's target audience isn't too interested in questioning basic physics, though.

    Also, ROFL @ Jesse "The Body" Ventura hosting this show.

    Conspiracy theorists annoy me.
    The X-Files mentality is wrong, the truth isn't "out there", it's right in front of you.
    While the folks with tinfoil hats are occupied looking for aliens and doomsday devices, they seem to have overlooked REAL conspiracies, such as centralized banking.
     
    #5 BenW, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  6. Phyllotaxis

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Threads:
    1
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    WGAS
    Mainstream media doesn't cover this stuff because it's a joke. Just because something is a theory held by a select few doesn't mean CNN should have to cover it and give it exposure. A recurring theme with conspiracy theorists is that they confuse complete jumps in logic with being open minded and believe everyone else is blind to it when it's a matter of everyone else being able to decide for themselves to decide what is important and what is not.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Norton

    Norton XXXX

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    1,527
    Likes Received:
    524
    Trophy Points:
    667
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    Conspiracy theorists invent excitement for themselves. Otherwise, their lives are so boring.
     
  8. Whitefire89

    Whitefire89 Community Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Threads:
    20
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ BABY!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. BenW

    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    971
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Let me begin by saying.
    Wow...
    And I'll leave it at that.

    If you want an explanation of the electrical activity in the brain, I can direct you here.

    The idea of a human brain generating enough current to cause interference that could be detected by anything other than EEG is pretty laughable.
    EEG, by the way, requires that you have tons of electrodes placed directly on somebodies scalp/head, without any hair in the way, and with a special conductive paste applied...

    Even most electrical devices you can find in your home wont create interference when placed next to a device that could potentially pick it up.

    And...

    In order to create radio waves from electrical current, you need some form of intended antennae, which the average human head is generally lacking.
     
    #9 BenW, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    549
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    I still think the Big 6 are orchestrating public opinion and ulitmatley controlling policy by what they allow us to see and how they allow us to see it.
     
  11. enfp can be shy

    enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Threads:
    36
    Messages:
    2,538
    Likes Received:
    288
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #11 enfp can be shy, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  12. Whitefire89

    Whitefire89 Community Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Threads:
    20
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ BABY!

    Ok...U Say its laughable, But why? Because it hasnt been Proven? Because it hasnt beeen seen b4? I hope those arent your reason because if people had kept thinking like that in the past how would we have ever gotten to where we are right now?

    Im gunna take a guess and say that there was once someone in the past saying it sounds absolutely LAUGHABLE that human beings can fly in the air. Or that Or the idea that two humans CAN communicate without being in front o each other(phone).

    Im just saying to me you sound so close minded for what reason?!?! just bcuz it hasnt happened! that just urrks me! i feel like we as humans CANNOT and WILL NOT progres farther now if we think that we have done EVERYTHING or do not think outside of the box! I am NOT saying you are wrong but to flat OUT say i am is literally dementing to my way of life. you may think im taking this too far but i do not. Im not even mad. im just expressing how annoyed i am that people can be so close minded simply bcuz they want too.
    I...am not saying people can communicate telepathically. I am not saying hat humans CAN control the flow of electricity within their mind or body.(although theses are my theories)...

    But i am NOT going to simply say THATS IMPOSSIBLE just because? Or because "SOMEONE ELSE" Says it is or isnt.

    ok like i said...Im not saying im right or your right. Im saying if we as people want to advance, We need to STAY open minded. Thats all.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. BenW

    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    971
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Uh, yes.

    This is the same criteria for sentient invisible lawn gnomes being laughable.

    Furthermore, electromagnetic radiation is already a pretty well known phenomenon at this point.
    And also very well known in terms of how it relates to the brains function.

    We got where we are by accounting for new evidence when it arises.

    See here.

    Do you smoke crack?
    Just askin'.
     
  14. BenW

    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    971
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
  15. Norton

    Norton XXXX

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    1,527
    Likes Received:
    524
    Trophy Points:
    667
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    This is exactly how we got where we are now, by the use of the scientific method and critical thinking. Hypotheses derive from observation and previously established knowledge. Then they are tested by experiment and the results are incorporated into and integrated with established canon. If you think that brain waves propagate outside the brain, propose a mechanism and prove it. In the meantime, if you're interested, read about neurophysiology. If you're not interested, read science fiction.
     
  16. Sithious

    Sithious Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2009
    Threads:
    39
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    144
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    As for HAARP, there is definantly some truth to it. For instance it is said that Nikola Tesla could create earthquakes in addition to various atmospheric phenomenas with his technology.

    He was also working on particle beam weapons or death ray, that he said could bring down airplanes or kill troops over 200 miles away, leaving no trace.

    Why wouldn't the US military do research on this?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Sithious

    Sithious Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2009
    Threads:
    39
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    144
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    As for other conspiracies, I know there is truth to a few, the hard part is ironing out which theories aren't true and determining which parts of the theories that are true or not.

    Power corrupts the mind, and all who gain power are afraid to lose it
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Whitefire89

    Whitefire89 Community Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Threads:
    20
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ BABY!
    Hehe OK. I mean im not trying to convert ANYBODy to my way of thinking.

    Just saying...stay close minded. Just because you THINK you have the answers DOES not mean you do! just bcuz you see something one way does not mean it exist that one WAY!

    (whew) but i mean hey, do what u want, ima do wat i want. thats the way i see it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    549
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    I agree with this.

    People are often afraid of me because I ask questions. Something about challenging people's beliefs by suggesting alternative possibilities is very threatening to them. It's much easier for them to make fun of the questions and questioner than it is to be open minded and invest the cognitive effort into exploring the possibilities.
     
  20. Norton

    Norton XXXX

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Threads:
    0
    Messages:
    1,527
    Likes Received:
    524
    Trophy Points:
    667
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    It is not open minded to assert theories divorced from extant scientific data. That is, there has to be some basis for an asserted opinion. There are no data supporting the remote propagation of "brain waves" as far as I know. If you know otherwise, citations? Don't confuse "open minded" with decidedly uncritical thinking.
     
Loading...

Share This Page