rawr

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 17, 2010
Earth
MBTI
IxTP
Enneagram
human
Do you feel complicated or complex? If so, any guesses as to why?
Do you enjoy your complexity, or do you wish you could "simplify yourself?" Why or why not?
If you don't feel complex, do you wish you were?
Do you find complexity attractive in others? Unattractive?

(thanks in advance :))

Last edited:
I do feel complicated and complex at times, though I am not sure I would want to simplify and lose part of what makes me, me.
People in my life have learned to either appreciate it or tolerate it...probably varies on the day...lol.
I have had people attracted to it, though those who have been in romantic relationships have commented on the stability is the quality they like most.

How about you, Rememberwhenitrained?

noticed i posted this in the wrong section. could a mod or admin move this to the Psych. section please? thanks.

I think this is a good point, it is ambiguous. I wonder if the ability of INFJ's and other types to hold two things, ideas, concepts in tension could add to the feeling of complexity, both the feeling about yourself (or not) and in the perception of others.

I think this is a good point, it is ambiguous. I wonder if the ability of INFJ's and other types to hold two things, ideas, concepts in tension could add to the feeling of complexity, both the feeling about yourself (or not) and in the perception of others.
like cognitive dissonance or are you talking about something different?

yes, exactly. I think I always liked the mental picture that holding two ideas in tension conjured... :)

Reactions: rawr
I'm glad I'm not predictable. I think in some ways I'm very complicated, especially if you break my trust, it becomes very difficult for people to get back into my good books again, and it's a lot of work.

However in many ways I'm also very simple. People usually know where they stand with me, and I think that's important. I hate having to walk all kinds of mazes just to know where I stand with someone, and I try hard not to let that be the case with people I know. I try not to attach all kinds of conditions to myself either, if you know what I mean. I find that life's a lot better that way for me.
I think some layers of complexity in people are good though, what a boring world it would be if we could know everyone instantly, but sometimes people can take it too far.

not sure i'm that complicated but for anyone who doesn't understand something, it will seem complicated. I'm pretty simple oddly enough although i seem like i have more going on than i really do. i'm not too keen on being seen as too complicated, but i wouldn't want to seem or be with someone who's too simplistic. Although someone who seems complicated can seem very interesting or intriguing.

Reactions: rawr and Claridon
Do you enjoy your complexity, or do you wish you could "simplify yourself?" Why or why not?

Nah I'm pretty simple at heart, don't need much to be content. My life on the other hand~ heh, could do with some minor readjustments :p

Wouldn't really want to be complex. I don't know if it's attractive or not (don't really care to be honest), but it seems like it would make things more difficult.

What about you RWIR?

I used to think I was more complex, but really, I'm pretty average and simple. It's both depressing and relieving to think this way.

Sometimes I wish I was more simple, so that I could truly express how I feel to those I care deeply about in a manner that they would understand. But for the most part, I enjoy my complexity.
I find it attractive because you're always gonna be taken by surprise, and you get to unlock more and more of their quirks as you get to know them better. I would put stability a little higher on the list though.

I have a complex way of processing things and I'm fine with that because I think things are somewhat complex by nature and there is a danger in trying to oversymplify too much. Along with everything else, I'm very comfortable with contrast, diversity, nuance, illusion, reality, and paradox. It is these that makes things complex.

That said, when one mashes it all together, a form of simplicity can emerge, and this for me is born more of wonderment, appreciation and gratitude than anything else. This is simple, but not simplistic.

In many regards, I think of simplicity in terms of clarity more than anything else. Clear, unalloyed, essence....removing clutter and illusion...moving to "what really is." Clarity allows one (I think) to maintain a center and this is a great strength in life.

Everyone is complex.
Especially people who like mushrooms.

I'm not any more complex/weird/whatever than the average

Along with everything else, I'm very comfortable with contrast, diversity, nuance, illusion, reality, and paradox. It is these that makes things complex.

This^^^

Most people tell me im very very complex, and I believe I am, I dont even fully understand myself sometimes. There will be times where I think I have a good handle on myself, but then do something that surprises myself and seems out of character or out of left field.

Everyone is complex.
Especially people who like mushrooms.

I'm not any more complex/weird/whatever than the average

I love psychedelics in general. It's like taking a vacation without actually physically going anywhere.

Also, I agree. What one person considers a complex personality might make total sense to another person and be quite "normal". It seems like it is quite relative.

I used to think I was more complex, but really, I'm pretty average and simple. It's both depressing and relieving to think this way.

This.

I am disinclined to say that I am complex. I am simply very detailed and particular, which could be seen as complex. However as I understand myself, and am able to put my motives, drives, likes, dislike, and anything/everything inbetween to reason or context, that sort of removes the air of complexity. People will very often say that it's/I'm weird, but I haven't really been called "complex".

I love psychedelics in general. It's like taking a vacation without actually physically going anywhere.

Also, I agree. What one person considers a complex personality might make total sense to another person and be quite "normal". It seems like it is quite relative.

And this.

I have my complexity's and my simplicity's. Neither is better than the other, but they both make up who I am.
I do think I am complex in nature, but maybe that's because I'm at a time in my life where I'm trying to figure out who I am.
I've never really had people come up to me and say that I am complex, however people do say that I am different and unique.
I personally don't think that I am that much different from everyone around me.

Sometimes I feel that it would be better for me if I were more simple. If my ways of doing and thinking of things were more simple.

I am both simple and complex at the same time. It's like when you have a really beautiful and simple formula, but the reasoning behind it and proof for it so complex that only so many people can comprehend it. That's me. My actions seem very simple, I decide on things fast and efficient, but behind every single one of those actions is a highly complicated reasoning.

I find complexity highly attractive but sometimes I get a bit tired by it, both in me and with others. I think that complexity guaranties that that there will be no boredom at any point, but I might be very wrong in that assumption.

I think that I was partly complex from the start but my upbringing certainly contributed to it highly.

Reactions: rawr
I prefer the word, "intricate."

Actually I don't think I'm complex in a dark brow furrowing storm cloud deep secret kind of way.
I felt complex and confused when I was younger though. But I don't feel like I'm trying to define myself as much these days.

Cognitive dissonance may also have lot to do with it, I think. I held a lot of contradicting views which were all supported by passionate feelings. I'm either blissfully oblivious to any existing contradicting views (just another way my brain coped with the tension) or I've done a good job resolving them so far.

Last edited: