Compiling and Researching Tritypes | INFJ Forum

Compiling and Researching Tritypes

Icedream

Nothing more than a thought
Apr 14, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
I thought I'd dedicate this thread to bringing together what little information there is about tritypes and their profiles, and research, theorize and discover new information on them

If you have or believe you have anything to contribute to this compilation, please do so.

Thank you for linking me to this!
This thread is different for a few reasons, though. This is for making breakthroughs and gathering information, where the other one seems to be for test results. The linked test also doesn't exist anymore.
I just realized the test link is gone. My appologies here's another. http://enneagramuserguide.com/tests/tritype-wing

Also, I should have mentioned type changes happen with enneagrams as well as personality and subtypes. Good reason says take results with common sense, no thing is set in stone. ;)

@Gust found this video a while back on my tritype. I'm tagging him, even though he's mostly on our discord server, because he's a fount of enneagram knowledge.

YouTube has a plethora of informational videos.

I find the tritype in conjunction with mbti type is a pretty accurate representation of a person usually. It's kind of spooky tbh.

The idea to me is pretty simple: just do the same as with Jungian typology. The centers "heart" "head" and "gut" aren't unlike functions such as feeling, thinking, etc. So it's not too odd to find that one has a reaction from each category.

Some argue that you can explain all the types appearing in your psychology besides the core one using lines of integration/disintegration and wings. However, I've found this commits the same mistake as saying someone with Ni "has" Se -- actually that's a pretty vague statement, and the use of "having" in "having Ni" for a dominant/aux Ni is pretty different from the use of "having" for Se -- in one case it colors the unconscious, and in the other case it orients the ego. Having something in the unconscious is in a way like just setting up an opposite for your ego to go against, so you only really have this function in the sense that you define your ego based on the tension it has with the unconscious.

Similarly, lines of integration/disintegration don't represent ordinary strategies so much as they help define what your main type is all about based on a sort of complementary nature.

So the analogues of an auxiliary/tertiary are really closer to the tritype types. Wings are again things that I think implicitly define your core type -- you can basically think of 5's withholding as an interface between 6's doubt and 4's sense of isolation. That is, the head anxiety of 5 results from this doubt combined with a sense of estrangement, and one constantly refines the search for how to approach the world.

I find the tritype in conjunction with mbti type is a pretty accurate representation of a person usually. It's kind of spooky tbh.

Add the instinctual variants and you feel as if your insides were on display for everyone to see. Well, for someone who can distinguish stacking.

The idea to me is pretty simple: just do the same as with Jungian typology. The centers "heart" "head" and "gut" aren't unlike functions such as feeling, thinking, etc. So it's not too odd to find that one has a reaction from each category.

Some argue that you can explain all the types appearing in your psychology besides the core one using lines of integration/disintegration and wings. However, I've found this commits the same mistake as saying someone with Ni "has" Se -- actually that's a pretty vague statement, and the use of "having" in "having Ni" for a dominant/aux Ni is pretty different from the use of "having" for Se -- in one case it colors the unconscious, and in the other case it orients the ego. Having something in the unconscious is in a way like just setting up an opposite for your ego to go against, so you only really have this function in the sense that you define your ego based on the tension it has with the unconscious.

Similarly, lines of integration/disintegration don't represent ordinary strategies so much as they help define what your main type is all about based on a sort of complementary nature.

So the analogues of an auxiliary/tertiary are really closer to the tritype types. Wings are again things that I think implicitly define your core type -- you can basically think of 5's withholding as an interface between 6's doubt and 4's sense of isolation. That is, the head anxiety of 5 results from this doubt combined with a sense of estrangement, and one constantly refines the search for how to approach the world.

I think I need to have a proper look into this? Do you have a source you can direct me to? Because stacking is somehow still a mystery to me. I don't think I have learnt everything I can in order to understand and judge the opinions of others. For example:
"147 is one of the harmonic triads. Your core point may be something else. I have always gotten strong interplay within that same triad and my core point is 5. I am also likely to lean most strongly to Sp and Sx next even tho I relate to descriptions for 5Sx. ~594 ... 5w4, 9w1, 4w5 and I really am not sure what instinct is most prominent ... quizzes give Sp but I am not convinced yet. That might be right."
I think I understood only at least half of what she wanted to tell me. The first three sentences are a mystery to me.

I should warn that I usually just come up with my own interpretation of these things :) e.g. I use a 'version' of socionics in typing myself, but really it combines ideas of Jung, the MBTI, and socionics (and a bunch of other stuff).
Of course I think that my interp has a pretty good motivation for being the way it is, but still, the forewarning is there

Enneagram is much the same way; I think the Naranjo school is good to get acquainted with. But really, the main idea is somehow to me just that you might view all the 3 centers as involving fundamental questions that must be answered (e.g. heart asks what the place in the cosmos is--whether one matters....all questions stem from the perceived separation between the ego and the environment...one such is what is my purpose in the environment, whereas the head views the environment more as an intrusive/foreign entity to be dealt with.... and the instinctual is characterized by a certain level of repression of both the head and heart so as to dull the sense of separation.... at the ultimate level, with E9 going out of its way to ensure a sense of harmony even if it is strained harmony at the unhealthier levels)

Reactions: Wyote
I hope someone can help figure out if I am an INFJ or INTP literally tried everything (off topic ik)

Reactions: Ren
I can just tell. Have you looked at your functions?

Reactions: Ren
If you got INTJ, but you're convinced that you're either INFJ or INTP, that would make you INFJ, because INFJ and INTJ share the same dominant function

Reactions: Wyote
If you got INTJ, but you're convinced that you're either INFJ or INTP, that would make you INFJ, because INFJ and INTJ share the same dominant function
They do? I don't know half of this mind if I share the results I feel ehhhhh bad (I feel as if I'm coming across as me not wanting to be INFJ please don't see it that way( now just because I said that you may see it that way) it just doesn't feel right I suppose. Do you mind if I share the results?

Do, but could we perhaps move this conversation to one of your other threads?

Out of respect for the others.