Compatibility of all kinds or types . . . | INFJ Forum

Compatibility of all kinds or types . . .

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
We've had threads on compatibility in terms of relationships, but i'm curious about other types of social compatibility, whether between friends, co-workers, employees-work environments, family, etc.

What does compatibility mean in varying contexts or relationships in your life?

What is the best experience of compability, of any kind, you've ever had? What made it work?

Well, I have a bit of trouble sharing philosophical views with sensors but other than that I think I get along with all types about equally.

I guess that in any kind of a relationship the most important things for me are having an open mind, not judging without careful listening and being respectful.

I'm friends with people who have entirely different views on life, completely different goals and interests, but those relationships work because of those three aspects I mentioned before.

For a romantic relationship I need more than that.

I believe that two best compatibilities that I have had so far are with my boyfriend and with my childhood friend. Lots and lots of work made it good besides compatibility. I don't think that any level of compatibility no matter how high, can ever be enough, because people change, and life circumstances change, and some things about ourselves and others we see only when faced with hardships in life. High level of compatibility can only help to overcome difficulties.

I don't see compatibility among any two people as a constant, I believe it is very fluid and ever changing, because people themselves change.

I guess that in any kind of a relationship the most important things for me are having an open mind, not judging without careful listening and being respectful.

I'm friends with people who have entirely different views on life, completely different goals and interests, but those relationships work because of those three aspects I mentioned before.

For a romantic relationship I need more than that.

I believe that two best compatibilities that I have had so far are with my boyfriend and with my childhood friend. Lots and lots of work made it good besides compatibility. I don't think that any level of compatibility no matter how high, can ever be enough, because people change, and life circumstances change, and some things about ourselves and others we see only when faced with hardships in life. High level of compatibility can only help to overcome difficulties.

I don't see compatibility among any two people as a constant, I believe it is very fluid and ever changing, because people themselves change.

yeah, true. I think it's easy to forget that things don't always stay the same. Our interests change, and our personalities can change. So, someone who is compatible with who we are today, may not be the most compatible person or personality tomorrow. Life changes, responsibilities, and experiences tend to shape up in such unplanned, and interesting ways, that change will happen whether we mean it or want it to.

I know that the person I was 10 years ago is not compatible with who i am today. We are different. A high degree of self awareness in the last few years have changed my perspective on life and the world so much.

But i still have the hope that I will find people who will know me as a I want to be known. I don't necessarily think every relationship takes work or the same amount of work to stay committed and loyal. Depends on the person. I'm a fiercely loyal person to those I am close to so it's not hard work for me to be there for them or be a constant friend. It's usually those who don't have the same care, concern, or committment to the friendship or relationship who tend to feel as if they are "working" when they make any efforts to maintain the relationship.

Last edited:
Nothin beats a solid respect of the bro code between guys who are not pricks.