Communication across personality types | INFJ Forum

Communication across personality types

Animekitty

Regular Poster
Aug 28, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Which personality type is the most difficult for an INFJ to communicate with?

Is their a way we can improve communication with people of that personality type?

Yes, but I don't think it is necessary.
We are not going to improve what we are short at and we improve what we are short at by increase what we are good at.

I would second ESTJ. From my experience they will not ever even come close to understanding you. The only way I found to communicate with them was in their language. They don't have the capacity to adapt. We do.

I shrug off and dismiss the generalizations. I don't engage in arguments or try to make myself understood or try to change their minds about anything that doesn't have a direct impact on myself. The best way to communicate with them is through small talk and action. With them, action is gold, words are nearly without value.

Don't try to penetrate their mind, to read what is within. Chances are you will only get a headache. The "what you see is what you get" approach I find works best.

Unless it is criticism. I find the ESTJ I know to be very receptive to methodical criticism. If I explain something as a process, like a technical handbook. Here is what is is happening. A to B to C to D to FAILURE. Here is exactly how you should do it, and what the outcome of that will be. Not so much when it is about feelings, but very much so when it is about action.

Reactions: Gaze