jkxx

*hv
Feb 20, 2018
\\.\
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
While a few weeks old now this appears to be a rather current overview of the situation with our two emissaries now headed for the outer reaches of the solar system. As one comment on youtube put it, both humbling and awe-inspiring.

Enjoy!

Maybe in a few thousand years we can warp over to them and give them a few upgrades :)
But we'll probably be in a sub-sub-sub virtual reality or something :(

Or just a few hundred if TNG is to be trusted.. would be an interesting twist to the story. I like the idea for sure.

Why are you deleting my name when you quote me? It doesn't give me the notification when you do that, fyi

Oooooooo!

Thank you for this thread @jkxx! :)

Last semester, I took astronomy and I was highly invested in the Voyager 1 and Voyager 2; and of course my man Carl Sagan did an amazing job taking part with the infamous golden records! There is actually a video where you can actually hear the recording that they implemented; however, it is an hour long video. It's so fascinating! Did you know that the sound of the beating heart in the recording was Sagan's wife's heart? I think that's incredibly romantic.

Also, It's quite funny though because if you listen to the whole recording and think from another civilization's perspective, we as human beings sound incredibly alien as well. Even the disk looks so alien to me, haha.

upload_2018-10-5_19-5-15.jpeg

Thank you @JennyDaniella, I will be sure to check out that video in entirety. For what it's worth, here is the original Cosmos episode mentioning the spacecraft (because several of us like the series) and the song that made it on the record that is from the country I was born in.

(volume warning for this one)

Thank you @JennyDaniella, I will be sure to check out that video in entirety. For what it's worth, here is the original Cosmos episode mentioning the spacecraft (because several of us like the series) and the song that made it on the record that is from the country I was born in.

(volume warning for this one)

Thank you @jkxx! I will definitely check these out!

giphy.gif