comercializing Time | INFJ Forum

comercializing Time

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
What if we found a way to quantify Time and trap it in containers and perhaps sell it?

I got this crazy idea when i was complaining about how little time i have till my midterm exams.

What if we can provide Time in cans or boxes? We'd have ads like "Add another hour to your shower without being late to work in the morning".

You can't travel in time tho. But you can extend it and shrink it. So you only "control" the present.

Reduce the amount you sleep and effectively lengthen you day by a few hours. If you need the sleep, pick up the hours at times when you are not productive or happy.

Is it the same kind of principle as freezing time? If you had a device that could freeze time, or at least slow it down to a longer amount of time, you'd experience the same kind of thing, except everything around you might move incredibly slowly. Very theoretical idea. Someone who knows physics might have more insight about this. I can't imagine a container that holds time, that's a mind boggling concept for me.

Well we never thought that we can trap light anywhere, and now we can do it in optic fibres and we can sell lasers, light bulbs and we even came up with Black light. I wouldn't be suprised if we actually did find a way to trap time and turn it into some household appliance...or use it in warfare.

they'd sell like hotcakes ;D time is the most valuable commodity on earth, if we could package it and sell it like we sell material objects, there'd be no end to the demand. Cool idea :)

Wouldn't we all be at different times though. If I bought thirty minutes and you didn't wouldn't one of us be ahead of the other? Would I then end up talking to your past self? Does time work in such a manner? Is it all happening at once yet we are trained to experience it in a linear fashion?

Wouldn't we all be at different times though. If I bought thirty minutes and you didn't wouldn't one of us be ahead of the other? Would I then end up talking to your past self? Does time work in such a manner? Is it all happening at once yet we are trained to experience it in a linear fashion?

tha'ts possible! aren't we already doing it? you talk to someone through chat or msn who's on the other side of the planet and in a different time zone, you're possibly talking to someone either from the past or from the future. But wouldnt that mean that time(s) overlap and not work in a linear fashion.

and if you think about it, the sun's light takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth. So we're looking at a past Sun, a planet that has ALREADY undergone some changes, and only 8 minutes later do we notice the change, same thing with sound.

But, doesn't that mean that our day is already lagging in 8 minutes. So our timeline (if we concider it to still be linear, and not circular or even helical) needs to start with...a negative number/time? so we could actually be in the present.

Last edited:
Other than the sun, which would be like astronauts going into space and the lag time between communication, you're talking about two different times. There is time itself and our definitions of time based on clocks. In the two time zones it is still now but we vary times in order to make up for the rotation of the earth. If we look to the astronaut example, our communication with each other would be delayed. It'd be like talking in a chatroom and having a slow connection. I would be talking to someone and they'd eventually lag because one of us has bought extra time. However, if time is happening all at once then that person wouldn't exist for that moment because I have more time than they do. Thus they would phase out until the amount of time I bought is over. At least, that's a theory.

Reactions: That Girl
When I am out of a job you can buy my time, need a lawn mowed?

:p

Other than the sun, which would be like astronauts going into space and the lag time between communication, you're talking about two different times. There is time itself and our definitions of time based on clocks. In the two time zones it is still now but we vary times in order to make up for the rotation of the earth. If we look to the astronaut example, our communication with each other would be delayed. It'd be like talking in a chatroom and having a slow connection. I would be talking to someone and they'd eventually lag because one of us has bought extra time. However, if time is happening all at once then that person wouldn't exist for that moment because I have more time than they do. Thus they would phase out until the amount of time I bought is over. At least, that's a theory.

hmm, so we'd have to find Absolute Time (if such a thing exists) first, before we consider comercializing it. Because everything we know about time is based on our interpretation.