Comedians | INFJ Forum

Comedians

Paladin-X

Permanent Fixture
May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
Do you like stand-up comedy? How often do you go to the comedy club? Who are your favourite comedians?

Too many threads! :lol:

Yeah, I do.

George Carlin, Stewart Lee, Bill Hicks and Steve Hughes are some of my favourites.
There's probably a load more that I'm not thinking of right now.

Dylan Moran is pretty good too.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
I really do like standup, but I won't really go see it live unless it's somebody somewhat known. So no comedy clubs for me. My favorite is probably Brian Reagan followed by George Carlin, Robin Williams and a whole host of others.

I quite like Joe Rogan too. He has some rubbish bits but when he is in the zone he can be really funny!

I like George Carlin. He had just come through Edmonton the year he died. I regret not getting tickets. :(

I think Russell Peters is pretty hilarious. I had front row seats to one of his shows and got picked on in front of an arena full of people! It was awesome! :D

John Pinette is really funny. I've seen him live twice!

And because I have a twisted sense of humour, I really like Jimmy Carr too! :D He is supposed to come to the Nasty Show at Montreal's Just For Laughs festival this summer. I'm thinking about going!

There's a comedy club here in Edmonton that never disappoints for a good show, whether I've heard of the comic or not. For my 30th birthday I went there to see Tim Meadows from SNL, which was pretty cool!

Reactions: TinyBubbles
I LOVE stand-up. I've never seen any live, but it is one of insontis & my favorite things to watch together. I laugh so loudly! teehee.... :D

I enjoy watching comedians. When I had cable I would watch stand up all the time. I would say that Chris Rock never fails to entertain. George Carlin always left me breathless with laughter. Its been awhile since I watched stand up, so I'm not current on the newer ones but I'm not one to remember names anyway.

I did go to a comedy club once. No headlines, just a seedy, smokey dive bar. It was a fantastic experience. It was like you see pictured in movies, some ill-lighted, smokey place reeking of smoke with people sitting too close together, drinking overpriced drinks. I loved every minute of it.

George Carlin-saw him in Atlantic City a year or two before he passed and it was an amazing show.

Ricky Gervais, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Louis C.K., Amy Shumer-she is pretty new on the scene but she is absolutely hilarious!

There are a few more that I am forgetting at the moment, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE comedy!

The only comedian I've seen live is Steve Byrne. I didn't know who he was, and just ended up going because I was invited. I enjoyed it a lot, but I've never really been into going to see live standup. Maybe if Louis CK came to town, which will never happen because I live in the middle of nowhere.

I haven't seen any comedy shows live but Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, and Louis C.K are my favorites

Here's an interesting interview with comedian Kat Williams; he talks about the whole Dave Chappelle dress wearing stuff:

[video=youtube;P2kHj8RCsjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kHj8RCsjI[/video]

[video=youtube;ueGtSDJQfM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueGtSDJQfM0[/video]

[video=youtube;q-6jPCF7tEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-6jPCF7tEU[/video]

[video=youtube;Nxa5-c3G4qM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxa5-c3G4qM[/video]

yes i love stand up comedy and although i don't go often, i've seen some good comics live. i prefer when the material is fresh
mitch hedberg is one of my all time faves (now dead) and so is jeremy hotz (who is not dead)
i really really like louis ck - who is also not dead.

The only live performance I've been to was done by Zach Galifianakis (had a great time).

As far as stand-up comedy goes, I enjoy all routines more or less. There's a very particular genre of shock comedy that I detest (aka Jackass), but that isn't relevant to stand-up routines since they are at worst tongue-in-cheek offensive. I'll pretty much watch any stand up routine and find it somewhere between humorous and hilarious.

Favourite stand up comedians would be: Ricky Gervais, Lee Mack, Dara O Briain, Bill Bailey, Sara Silverman and Dylan Moran. There are probably others who I can't remember.

There's not a great stand up scene in Cork so I've only gone to a small comedy club which wasn't great.

I went to a few gigs of Stewart Lee's while I was living in London; I'd say he is my favourite comedian currently. A few others I like would be Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Ross Noble, Tim Minchin and Lois C.K.

love them! never seen one in real life though, only on tv and the internet. george carlin is good. i downloaded a bunch of comedy central audio files a while ago and occasionally listen to them on my phone. brian green (i think that's his name) has one about cranberries that is funny. one of my all time favorite comedians is eddie izzard. I highly recommend checking out some of his stuff on youtube.