Coca Cola and Diabetes and Jamie Oliver | INFJ Forum

Coca Cola and Diabetes and Jamie Oliver

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
So Jamie Oliver the campaigning TV chef from the UK has been criticised for his campaign in the US to make bottle water available at schools instead of coca cola soft drinks machines.

He has been heavily criticised for appearing with some large inflatable can of coca cola which had the word Diabetes on it in the coca cola signature style of writing.

To be honest I thought it was something which was waiting to happen from the time that Coke introduced getting your own message or someones name on the can to personalise it.

He has been criticised because some people use a can of cola as a remedy or rescue if they are suffering a hypoglycemia attack, that's a low blood sugar, which can be suffered by anyone with type one or type two diabetes who is using insulin to control high blood sugars, in fact its been suggested that far from causing diabetes as Oliver has suggested coca cola's availability could actually be a life line for those at risk of hypos, in particular type one sufferers whose diabetes is considered, especially within the diabetic community itself, to have nothing to do with diet and lifestyle factors such as drinking soft drinks.

What are your views? I think the whole discussion has highlighted divisions and attitudes within the diabetic community, between the two types, between the public who know nothing about diabetes and diabetics, I also think its sort of interesting that the kinds of defences of cola have been mounted, it could be a major cause of diabetes (type two) and its then posing as part of the cure to problems associated with the same (hypos suffered by type two insulin regulated).

Corporates never miss a trick.

If you want diabetes, reach for coke. Already got diabetes? Reach for a coke.

In light of this, he technically wasn't wrong in putting 'Diabetes' on the label. It's both cause and the cure. All he did was identify the target market.

Since when do schools have soda? Must be a new thing. We got by fine without it when I was a kid.

Hypoglycemia? Orange juice and a sandwich.

My school has soda...

and water.

:m024:

God damn you soda. Why are you delicious, yet so bad for me.

It's obviously some sort of conspiracy against me. Some group out there must know that the contents of soda will make me a god, and in diabolical scheme to stop this they've added elements which make it poisonous.

God damn you soda. Why are you delicious, yet so bad for me.

It's obviously some sort of conspiracy against me. Some group out there must know that the contents of soda will make me a god, and in diabolical scheme to stop this they've added elements which make it poisonous.

Is that god Budai? He does look suspiciously like he's on a sugar high. Look at him.

Budai.jpg

Soda? What Plebes.

E'ery body knows Vitamin Water is where it's at.

xxx-vitamin-water-blueberry-pomegranate-acai-berry-e-liquid-e-juice-vapor-geekz.jpg