Chuck Berry - Go Johnny go.. | INFJ Forum

Chuck Berry - Go Johnny go..

I feel a bit bad about this but but if someone had asked me 10 years ago if Chuck Berry was dead I would likely have said "probably".
I honestly am surprised he has not been dead that long.

Reactions: Free and James
I feel a bit bad about this but but if someone had asked me 10 years ago if Chuck Berry was dead I would likely have said "probably".
I honestly am surprised he has not been dead that long.

A guy I knew from work years ago loaned me a video documentary of Chuck Berry called, Hail Hail Rock n Roll. I wasn't too keen but watched it. Basically Keith Richards tried to manage him through a tour in the eighties.

He was a total pain in arse, the whole time, it was hilarious! He deliberately did things to mess up the tour, wouldn't rehearse, and argued with everyone through out. And they filmed it all. The first night of the first show on the tour, they get off to a shaky start, Chuck runs straight up, and decides he'd change key on the very first song. You can see Keith Richards just dying and refusing to do it.

After that I couldn't help but kinda love the guy. It's a wonder he didn't spend more time in jail than he did.

Reactions: Free
A guy I knew from work years ago loaned me a video documentary of Chuck Berry called, Hail Hail Rock n Roll. I wasn't too keen but watched it. Basically Keith Richards tried to manage him through a tour in the eighties.

He was a total pain in arse, the whole time, it was hilarious! He deliberately did things to mess up the tour, wouldn't rehearse, and argued with everyone through out. And they filmed it all. The first night of the first show on the tour, they get off to a shaky start, Chuck runs straight up, and decides he'd change key on the very first song. You can see Keith Richards just dying and refusing to do it.

After that I couldn't help but kinda love the guy. It's a wonder he didn't spend more time in jail than he did.
I did not know any of that about him. I just remember seeing black and white video of him...like Abbot and Costello old.

Reactions: Free and James