Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
this article isn't entirley uncommon but I thought I'd give it a post anyways as this stuff doesn't make local news these days.

in case your weary of clicking the link here's the article, not very long but it's to the point.

China: Church Leader Imprisoned

On Oct. 19, Neixiang police officials arrested 60 Christians attending a worship service, according to ChinaAid Association. After charging them with

Communist regimes believe that organized religion is a drug for the masses and is not allowed. China allows for some religious freedom but it is quite limited and must be approved through the government.

Probably not a good place to be proselytize.

proselytize, I wonder why this word came about. It basicly another word meaning to preach, in which case wouldn't it do just to say to preach.

proselytize, I wonder why this word came about. It basicly another word meaning to preach, in which case wouldn't it do just to say to preach.

proselytize is preaching with the intent to convert, not just preaching. I make a distinction that preaching is to a group of followers.

proselytize is preaching with the intent to convert, not just preaching. I make a distinction that preaching is to a group of followers.

Plausible I guess, though I would say that all preaching is garnered in some distinct way toward conversion.

Yeah why would the Chinese (who have been invaded by tons of people, including the west) want to let in more western influence? Let them get their national identity down and as their standards of living increase freedom will become more prevalent.

Yeah why would the Chinese (who have been invaded by tons of people, including the west) want to let in more western influence? Let them get their national identity down and as their standards of living increase freedom will become more prevalent.

I wonder how much it has to do with western influence, there are more christians in China then on any other country on the planet. Only about ten percent of the Chinese Church is mainstream the rest is underground, yet I don't see it causing the fall of communist China anytime soon.

I wonder how much it has to do with western influence, there are more christians in China then on any other country on the planet. Only about ten percent of the Chinese Church is mainstream the rest is underground, yet I don't see it causing the fall of communist China anytime soon.

1st of all, I have lived in China, there is not nearly as many Christians there as the Christians like to believe. There are actually more Muslims in sections of China then anything else.

not surprising, Ilsam is the fasting growing religion on the world stage at the moment. as for how large the church in china is, thats hard to tell as the majority of the church is underground. I don't know if Islam has been better recieved by the goverment or not(probably not), nor do I have any personal experience. I can relate the experinces of others whom have been to China but that's about it and by their(christian missionaries I've met) account the church is large and growing.