Children of Lesbian Parents Reported to do Better | INFJ Forum

Children of Lesbian Parents Reported to do Better

But nobody has a problem with lesbians, it's those damn batty boys that's the blight on modern society!

(Disclaimer for broken sarcasm detectors: Chaz neither believes, nor endorses any of the views stated in this post.)

I know that, but what about their child rearing capacity?
uhmmm I dont know if I must point this out or not but hell I am going to anyway.....chaz was joking...when he said:

They're against nature, against god, and they're going to hell!

Or so I was told.

(well I bloody hope he was :cool:)

And Dragon was joking when he said:

I know that..

Anyway I don't expect a male gay couple to be typically as good at raising children as a lesbian one. Not that there's much in it but I assume a double dose of maternal instinct has something to do with it.

They're against nature, against god, and they're going to hell!

Or so I was told.

Quote from Jimmy Carr....but wait!.....he was judging Mr Gay UK not gay couples! :O

Quote from Jimmy Carr....but wait!.....he was judging Mr Gay UK not gay couples! :O

//applauds.

I'm quite surprised someone found the reference.

I dont know why this should make everyone feel better. It means that 99% of the world is disadvantaged. You got to be a pretty big jerk to think that is good.

I dont know why this should make everyone feel better. It means that 99% of the world is disadvantaged. You got to be a pretty big jerk to think that is good.

I've tried three times to think of a vaguely witty reply to this but nothing's coming to mind.

Unfortunately, it's another correlational study. So we'll never know if it hold water or not til about sixty other studies are done on it.

(Bringing back all that psychology revision...)

Reactions: enfp can be shy
I can see a very positive effect on a child raised in a household with two nurturing parents, both of whom have open minds. I believe that a good parent begins from positive experiences and positive interpretation from negative experiences. A human being is very much garbage in/garbage out, we can grow in leaps and bounds as a person from overcoming hardships.

In regards to the results of this particular study, it may be that once one has come to terms with their own sexuality and in this case the social stigma associated with being homosexual that it can open ones view quite a bit wider than say your average heterosexual. In this line of thinking such an individual I would think possesses a greater capacity to be accepting of others, would seem to lend itself rather well to child rearing. Add in the fact that in this particular study that each child was planned, the parents or sometimes parent was ready to accept the responsibility of bringing another human being into this world. Starting off on the right foot can make ones journey much easier, not to say that accidents cannot spark a wonderful journey on their own, just that knowing what path you are taking makes it easier to prepare for your responsibility.

Overall thank you for bringing the article to our attention Indigo, this fellow found it to be a very interesting read.

...it may be that once one has come to terms with their own sexuality and in this case the social stigma associated with being homosexual that it can open ones view quite a bit wider than say your average heterosexual. In this line of thinking such an individual I would think possesses a greater capacity to be accepting of others, would seem to lend itself rather well to child rearing.
Quite possibly. Given this, I bet this accepting nature is what inspired the children to be so confident. Can you imagine tackling adolescence and learning how to express your autonomous self in a environment of acceptance? :m096:

I think this just goes to show that hetero/homosexual parents don't have much to do with the child, and development/ability. It comes down to parent involvement and social capital. It shows that the sexuality of the parents does not matter. Take that, traditionalists.

I think this just goes to show that hetero/homosexual parents don't have much to do with the child, and development/ability. It comes down to parent involvement and social capital. It shows that the sexuality of the parents does not matter. Take that, traditionalists.

Exactly the reason I posted this. I mean if you really think about it. Having loving caring parents that can raise a healthy child is completely independent of who the parent is.