Changes in you or your personality over the years? | INFJ Forum

Changes in you or your personality over the years?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what are some things you've noticed have changed about you or your personality over the years?

Slightly more cheerful, definitely less shy. I'm more at peace with myself than I used to be.

Way more shy. Way more serious. Not as ignorant and crazy. I'm so much different now words can't describe but basically I'm just calmer.

Reactions: Odyne
Not much except for being quite a bit more self aware. Although I still have a long way to go, and I'm sure I'll always be learning more.

I've become a lot more altruistic just over the past 10 years. I used to be pretty selfish, by my current standards, when I worked in I.T. and lived for the instant gratification of everything I did/saw/had. Suppose that's why I get infuriated when people talk about politics and they only focus on the things that will help themselves...

Less naive, less trusting, less accepting, less hopeful, less romantic...more cynical, more aware of everything/details and unable to escape reality the way I used to, less able to focus, more of a loner than ever before.

I've lightened up and mellowed out considerably.

20 or so years ago I was just a terror - cared too much about things that weren't actually important and not enough about things that were. I'd quit a job just because the boss said something in a way that I didn't like, just because IDGAF.

I wasn't exactly malicious, just big on the fact that you don't own me and I do what I want, when I want, so ask nicely or I will spite you even if it kills me.

I'm so glad I grew out of that (mostly)

I'd say it hasn't changed, just that facets of it has been severely restrained/ hidden in highschool because everybody was fighting to be the best.

Still an idealistic infj.

Finally learnt to take the initiative/ be temporarily extroverted, professionally.

I used to be more dogmatic. If something seemed plausable it was granted more credit when compared to things which came after it. I wasn't into critical thinking until about 22-ish, which was triggered by Kent Hovind but was aimed into learning about conspiracies and religious cults and not science/creationism per say. After I hit 25 I started opening my mind to more ideas that are generally considered villianous (sp?) and moral relativism. When I hit 30 I think I opened my mind a little more to the idea of being nicer to people.

I've changed but mostly internally. It's not changes that are probably visible. For example, I am better at handling my emotions, and able to listen more, and relate more probably because there is more personal experience. A little more flexible and more understanding. More aware, more conscientious. More honest. More settled, more informed, more sensible. More realistic. More caring, more reasonable and much more reflective.

I've always looked like I was in my mid 20's from the time I was a young teenager, so I had to BS a lot to play along with people's expectations. I became pretty skilled at BSing and was intelligent back then, but I didn't have the foundation of knowledge and experience that I do now. Now that my age has caught up with my outsides, I no longer find the need to BS. Also, I had no foresight whatsoever until recently.

So, what are some things you've noticed have changed about you or your personality over the years?

Oh my, where to begin. I could write volumes about this, but I won't subject you all to that :becky:.

#1 change - I no longer believe that I'm personally or professionally invincible.
#2 change - I understand that life rarely turns out the way anyone plans.

I'm more introverted than before, more aware of my inner feelings, more confident about expressing myself. The level of my eccentricity seems to grow constantly. Also before I used to score as INFJ on MBTI tests, and now I score as INFP.