Celebrities With High IQs | INFJ Forum

Celebrities With High IQs

Sharon Stone is a Mensa member. I didn't look at your link. I don't know if she is listed. I think that is why she is drawn to the roles she is, like Sphere. So I appreciate when intelligent people act. I need intelligent movies or I fall asleep. I fell asleep during the Guardians of the galaxy for example.

I like it when celebrities use their celebrity hood to give back to the world. Too many self absorbed celebrities nowadays.eh

I've seen other lists, and I hate to say it but I was surprised by some of the actors or actresses, maybe because of the stereotypical assumption that because of the roles they play, they couldn't possibly be so smart, or because of their actions or the celeb image, they couldn't possible be so smart. However, I realize this is based on a misguided assumption that it's the IQ that makes the person, not what they do with it. Yes, I used to be highly impressed with many of them until I realize it was giving high praise to people for something they couldn't control or decide for themselves. It's like giving someone credit for being naturally athletic or attractive. It's just who they are, not what they do. I'm more impressed by the decisions they make and how they use their smarts to contribute something to a better understanding of the world than simply heaping admiration on them for having a high IQ.

FYI, Arnold Schwarzenegger has a supposed IQ in the 140s, and many think he is one of the least intelligent celebs in Hollywood. Go figure.

I've seen other lists, and I hate to say it but I was surprised by some of the actors or actresses, maybe because of the stereotypical assumption that because of the roles they play, they couldn't possibly be so smart, or because of their actions or the celeb image, they couldn't possible be so smart. However, I realize this is based on a misguided assumption that it's the IQ that makes the person, not what they do with it. Yes, I used to be highly impressed with many of them until I realize it was giving high praise to people for something they couldn't control or decide for themselves. It's like giving someone credit for being naturally athletic or attractive. It's just who they are, not what they do. I'm more impressed by the decisions they make and how they use their smarts to contribute something to a better understanding of the world than simply heaping admiration on them for having a high IQ.

FYI, Arnold Schwarzenegger has a supposed IQ in the 140s, and many think he is one of the least intelligent celebs in Hollywood. Go figure.

If you read about his life you might think differently. In my opinion anyone who figures out how to work the system to make money is fairly intelligent.

If you read about his life you might think differently. In my opinion anyone who figures out how to work the system to make money is fairly intelligent.

I didn't say he wasn't smart. He has high physical and kinesthetic intelligence which lead to his success as a bodybuilder. My point was more about his social image, personal life, and work as governor which for many seems to challenge the belief that he was a smart guy or used his smarts well or at least responsibly. You can be smart in one area but not smart in others. Simply because someone has a high IQ doesn't mean they're smart at or in everything. That's the problem with IQ, people assume you're smart at everything rather than recognize you may be good at a few or some, but not others.

I didn't say he wasn't smart. He has high physical and kinesthetic intelligence which lead to his success as a bodybuilder. My point was more about his social image, personal life, and work as governor which for many seems to challenge the belief that he was a smart guy or used his smarts well or at least responsibly. You can be smart in one area but not smart in others. Simply because someone has a high IQ doesn't mean they're smart at or in everything. That's the problem with IQ, people assume you're smart at everything rather than recognize you may be good at a few or some, but not others.
Fits many a politician. Book smart but when it comes to common sense dumb as a door knob.

i thought Guardians of the Galaxy was cool, fun and extremely well made. all the little details fit together so well. all the personalities seemed unique, they seemed to have dimension, even some of the very minor parts. the acting was awesome. the soundtrack was really excellent too.

having a high IQ means you excel at performing on certain types of puzzles in a controlled environment. it doesnt mean you are a novelist, or a chef, or a physicist. the only way to tell whether you are good at any of those things is whether you are doing them and excelling at them. although i admit, i really love some of those stars in the gallery! ive seen Black Swan maybe 40 or 50 times, its an absolutely mind blowing film, and Natalie Portman is incredible in it.

Reactions: Tin Man
actually, i dont know what stars are trying to achieve by promoting their performances on IQ tests. it seems like a strange decision, both in terms of publicity, and in terms of being a political action promoting this particular category of intelligence as somehow preferential, which i think is ethically dubious.

actually, i dont know what stars are trying to achieve by promoting their performances on IQ tests. it seems like a strange decision, both in terms of publicity, and in terms of being a political action promoting this particular category of intelligence as somehow preferential, which i think is ethically dubious.
For stars its much like accidentally having your naked pictures posted online and then saying they wee stolen.

For stars its much like accidentally having your naked pictures posted online and then saying they wee stolen.

im finding that analogy pretty confusing. meaning, they simply arent concerned about the ethical outcomes of their actions in promoting iq as a valuable measurement, just as using iq as a potential publicity tool to promote their own personalities?

Otherwise you'd look down on celebrities for being stupid and vain. But it seems you found a way to look down on them anyway for advertising how smart they are.

Otherwise you'd look down on celebrities for being stupid and vain. But it seems you found a way to look down on them anyway for advertising how smart they are.

on a previous occasion you have attempted to instruct me on what i think or believe. please do not do this again. i am not going to have any more patience after this with you formulating personal level attacks on my thinking. let go of your obsession with the workings of my mind and focus on the topic.

they are not advertising how smart they are, they are advertising how well they perform on IQ tests.

on a previous occasion you have attempted to instruct me on what i think or believe. please do not do this again. i am not going to have any more patience after this with you formulating personal level attacks on my thinking. let go of your obsession with the workings of my mind and focus on the topic.

they are not advertising how smart they are, they are advertising how well they perform on IQ tests.

If you happen to post on more than one occasion, something that looks flawed, I'm going to say something about it.

It seems you have assumed these celebrities advertised this information instead of questioning the unavailable sources for these claims. Whether these claims are true, the point is you chose a path through the unknown to reach your negative conclusion.

im finding that analogy pretty confusing. meaning, they simply arent concerned about the ethical outcomes of their actions in promoting iq as a valuable measurement, just as using iq as a potential publicity tool to promote their own personalities?

Bad correlation. It would have been more explanatory to say celebrity's love attention so this is just the newest way to get that. Releasing ones nude photos or sex tape is so last year...

Reactions: invisible
According to this it says that Asia carrera was in Wayne's world but it was Tia carrera. I suspect they got many things wrong, iq numbers included.

If you happen to post on more than one occasion, something that looks flawed, I'm going to say something about it.

It seems you have assumed these celebrities advertised this information instead of questioning the unavailable sources for these claims. Whether these claims are true, the point is you chose a path through the unknown to reach your negative conclusion.

then surely it is appropriate that you should respond to the flaw in the argument that i have posted, rather than the flaws in my personality, whether i think in certain patterns, or am a snob or stuck up or look down on others or whatever. please stop attacking me personally. what do you think about this? do you have anything else to say about having attempted to pick apart my personality? or do think it is "right" that you have attacked me personally? do you think it is good discussion to attempt to delve into the mind of the person you are discussing things with, and "figure them out"? or is it better to focus on the matter that is being discussed?

youre correct. i assumed that the information listed in the gallery is information that has been officially released to the public. i am aware that in certain cases, celebrities do indeed release this information officially to the public, about their IQ: they publicise themselves as members of mensa, or as having achieved a certain score. in the particular cases of those listed in the gallery, perhaps they did not. regardless of that, i question why celebrities might advertise themselves as having achieved a certain iq, or belonging to mensa. i think it entails certain assumptions about intelligence that are questionable, and i question why celebrities would use their cultural power to promote this perspective.

At grade 7 they put me into an 11th grade advanced reading class. I later found out it was to monitor me and see if I was cheating. I figured out early on how to do just enough to pass my classes but would do no more. I wasnt going to be anyones puppet.