Can't stop pooping [TMI] pls help | INFJ Forum

Can't stop pooping [TMI] pls help

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
So on Friday I decided I wanted to unwind after a busy week and by the power of suggestion from reading about people ordering pizza in the thread about giving your number out to strangers, I ordered a large pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch. I ate the entire thing myself over the span of a couple hours. This is something I've never done in my life LOL. At first I felt really gross but then I took a nap and felt ok... until evening, when I started breaking into a very high fever which I wasn't even aware of until @youhemmein told me to check my temperature (thanx gurl). From then to yesterday morning I'd been immobilized, soaking my bedsheets with cold sweat, feeling like people had been punching me all over my body, intermittent diarrhea, basically fever/flu-ish.

Yesterday my fever had broken and I was feeling all better except for the diarrhea every hour. I went for a run since I had been bedridden all weekend and also ate lots of vegetables because I had the idea that I could maybe "push" the diarrhea or virus or whatever out with the extra fibre (also did these things because obviously if I have the energy I'm going to try to be healthy after eating a giant pizza and getting sick from it).

What I did yesterday seems to not have helped. I'm having more intense, frequent, and painful diarrhea today, and I'm too scared to even get on a bus to go to class. I've lost a lost of weight, presumably primarily from dehydration, but even drinking water hurts and makes me need to run to the bathroom. I also think though maybe I'm not absorbing nutrients, because I'm still having brain fog and feel a little weak and cold (but then that's also corollary from the shitting nonstop and distracting pain). I set a doctor's appointment for tomorrow cuz free healthcare. Until then, what should I eat? What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
when i can't stop the diarear, i just stop eating and drinking. you should prolly drink, but i know it's hard.

can you take a shower?

when i can't stop the diarear, i just stop eating and drinking. you should prolly drink, but i know it's hard.

can you take a shower?

ror yeah I don't see why I wouldn't be able to shower, but the more I move or am positioned upright, the more I need to poop

The first priority is dehydration and getting adequate fluids into your system. This is of utmost priority because it can be serious if not dealt with.

The second issue is, for a prolonged bout, getting nutrients into your system. Digestion takes time; more time than is available when your body is trying to expel such sources due to exorbitant consumption of a particular substance that is either deadly or destructive in large enough amounts (I once consumed too much butter with dinner along with alcohol and had a terrible night of both dehydration, diarrhea, and desire, but non-ability, to vomit).

The easiest and most direct solution is an IV line. This bypasses the digestive process to get both fluids and nutrients into the bloodstream.

The first priority is dehydration and getting adequate fluids into your system. This is of utmost priority because it can be serious if not dealt with.

The second issue is, for a prolonged bout, getting nutrients into your system. Digestion takes time; more time than is available when your body is trying to expel such sources due to exorbitant consumption of a particular substance that is either deadly or destructive in large enough amounts (I once consumed too much butter with dinner along with alcohol and had a terrible night of both dehydration, diarrhea, and desire, but non-ability, to vomit).

The easiest and most direct solution is an IV line. This bypasses the digestive process to get both fluids and nutrients into the bloodstream.

Let me just check my kitchen pantry for my trusty IV line, right beside the sugar and flour. Lol as it turns out, I do not have one. If I feel like I'm in imminent danger I'll go to the hospital, but for now I think I'll just ask my mom to pick up some pedialyte for me on the way home.

Should I not eat stuff until I stop pooping then? :(

Bananas rice applesauce toast.

Drink water and don't worry. You should be fine within the week.

The main thing is water, preferably lukewarm, and with a few grains of salt added occasionally . Drink either the juice of one or two lemons straight if you like the taste or half diluted with warm water, a spoon of honey and a few grains of salt. Or instead you can use 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, but that is a lot grosser tasting in my opinion and I prefer the lemon.This will alkanise your stomach and will stop you from wanting to puke and poop for a while. Then take some activated charcoal, this will bind the toxins and remove them. Your poop will be colored black by the charcoal for a while but it won't be so awful as before. The cramping and feeling of urgency will have mostly stopped. You want to get all the bad stuff our, better out than in. Keep having water and try not to eat too much solids as this will put strain on your digestive system. Have soups, watery porridge, apples etc. Avoid lactose in general but have some youghurt or probiotic juice or kimchi to replace good bacteria. Frozen raspberries are great for stopping diarrhoea and taste soothing. And then when you feel better and star eating normally, have lots of high soluble fibre foods such as oats, Chia, quinoa and plenty of water to completely flush and brush the digestive tract out. Get better soon love. Writing from my phone, so hope this reads ok

Reactions: barbad0s
And lots of rest, as this is all probably zapping all your energy. Try to watch something funny and dont worry about things that can't be helped now.

It's hard to say because of the possibility of food poisoning, but it does seem that your body is reacting to overconsumption. Vitamins can be deadly if overconsumed, so it may be reacting to an overabundance of a particular compound. Basically, anything can be poisonous in large enough quantities.

There is the possibility of food poisioning though, so it is a good idea to follow up with your physician. Your biggest priority is to drink plenty of water. If you are able to eat, then that is okay. I'd recommend crackers.

Drink water and don't worry. You should be fine within the week.

Ty. I just haven't gotten sick like this before so I'm not sure what to expect or what will make it worse.

The main thing is water, preferably lukewarm, and with a few grains of salt added occasionally . Drink either the juice of one or two lemons straight if you like the taste or half diluted with warm water, a spoon of honey and a few grains of salt. Or instead you can use 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, but that is a lot grosser tasting in my opinion and I prefer the lemon.This will alkanise your stomach and will stop you from wanting to puke and poop for a while. Then take some activated charcoal, this will bind the toxins and remove them. Your poop will be colored black by the charcoal for a while but it won't be so awful as before. The cramping and feeling of urgency will have mostly stopped. You want to get all the bad stuff our, better out than in. Keep having water and try not to eat too much solids as this will put strain on your digestive system. Have soups, watery porridge, apples etc. Avoid lactose in general but have some youghurt or probiotic juice or kimchi to replace good bacteria. Frozen raspberries are great for stopping diarrhoea and taste soothing. And then when you feel better and star eating normally, have lots of high soluble fibre foods such as oats, Chia, quinoa and plenty of water to completely flush and brush the digestive tract out. Get better soon love. Writing from my phone, so hope this reads ok

Thanks dear, I actually do have activated charcoal and was wondering if I should take it because I thought pills might irritate me more. I had lemon in water with chia this morning (part of my morning routine) and oatmeal for breakfast, but typically the large amounts of vitamin c in the lemon elicits bowel movements for me. I'll try having a little bit with honey and salt.

Sounds like you are pretty on to it. It makes me stupidly happy to hear other people have good nutritional habits. Forgot to say before- slippery elm- very soothing for irritated digestive tract and ceasing diarohea, and normally one of the first things my college recommends. I haven't used it myself but most of the others have.

Poot dispenser!
[video=youtube;HsFCWP7ajOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFCWP7ajOM[/video]

Hah I'm so sorry I had to do that. At least I hope it cheers you up as I have nothing useful to add. Good intentions, good intentions... You seem to be in good humor so I think you can take it. :p

sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I've heard that drinking warm water is good for diarrhea. You can add a little sugar and honey with it. Maybe some ginger or mint tea would be soothing for the system. And as everyone says, drink fluids, maybe use a straw. Although it's cliche, maybe have some chicken noodle soup or packet soup. If you're feeling nauseous, having something sweet to eat can lessen the nausea. Good that you have a doctor's appt. All the best.

Well get well, and hopefully your doctor will be able to help you. No mortal should ever have to poop that much!

I'm sorry you're not feeling any better. I was hoping you'd have seen a doctor by now. Let us know how the appt goes. And yes, fluids, fluids, fluids. If you can stomach some toast or crackers, do it. Your body needs food, or it will start burning muscle instead.

ror yeah I don't see why I wouldn't be able to shower, but the more I move or am positioned upright, the more I need to poop

ya. sometimes when you're losing that much fluid and stuff standing up is hard. just wanted to make sure.

i had a friend who was super dehydrated, and she passed out in the shower. SHOWERS BE DANGEROUS, YO.

ya. sometimes when you're losing that much fluid and stuff standing up is hard. just wanted to make sure.

i had a friend who was super dehydrated, and she passed out in the shower. SHOWERS BE DANGEROUS, YO.

yeah when I was fevering over the weekend and really dizzy I didn't shower for that reason

So, how do you feel now? is it any better?

Sounds like a gluten attack due to eating the overly processed pizza. Could be a 'salt attack' too... since a lot of overly processed food has lots of salt. Do you feel bloated?

Nonetheless, don't eat anything with wheat in it for a few days (The more wheat, the more it goes on). Eat a lot of starchy veggies as a substitute for your carbs at every meal. Brown rice is ok. Quinoa is great. Basmati rice. Red potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, beans, etc.

During a gluten attack, I have my own regime that works for me. 1. An Epsom salt bath every day (make sure you drink plenty of water after the bath). 2. Plenty of water. 3. 100% Acai berry drinks that will make you shit. 4. Fiber gummies can help your poop become solid. 5. Drink Green tea (do not put honey with it -- too much sugar for you at this time) 6. Take a multi-vitamin 7. Go for a walk (this helps you to sweat out the toxins... it can help break your fever)... I mean a light walk, not walking more than 1.5 miles. 8. Coconut water

When you have diarrhea, it's common to have a fever or fever like symptoms since your body can become dehydrated and overwork. DO NOT DRINK ANY SELZTER WATER (this can destroy your stomach and make you bloated since it's very irritated now). No soda, no fruit juice, no coffee, nothing carbonated. Strictly water, green tea, acai drink, coconut water.

Take a shower, stinky :p It will make you feel betters. If I can think of more tips, I will update. I go through this myself when I have a gluten attack, it's the same symptoms. It usually takes about 3-5 days to ride out. The Epsom salt bath helps me the most.

Last edited: