Cancer and other terminal illnesses. | INFJ Forum

Cancer and other terminal illnesses.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I found this today. These storys both make me happy and scare the crap out of me. I love science and what it has accomplished but we need to admit what we do not know and accept the worse possible potential outcomes before embracing some of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/30/health/gene-therapy-cancer.amp.html

While its fringe thinking there seems to be speculation and even evidence that humanity is far older than the current 200 thousand year belief. What if we had an advanced human civilization in the past, introduced genetic engineering and manipulation that ultimately got out of control and bit us in the ass?
This is some scary scary stuff and ...I don't scare.

Last edited:
Well we're still here so if anything we're just going around another cycle of stupidity and hubris like always.

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about Trump and his administration. Nvm.

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about Trump and his administration. Nvm.
Oh...and I thought your post would be about chicken soup. Nvm.

I can't believe you're reading The New York Times. I mean, I'm glad. And your link is defunct.

I can't believe you're reading The New York Times. I mean, I'm glad. And your link is defunct.
Link should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.
Generally you can get some basic information from fake news sites when it's not politically related. I keep up with the news and do not limit myself to any specific sources. I know that's out of the ordinary for most people.

Tracking X and Y chromosomes, and looking at how we are, it is hard (for me) not to believe someone formed us. We know how the earth has passed through ages. Is it so difficult to wonder about different ages of man? Not for me.

Was watching anti-dna being made to fight diseases. Why not; we have anti-venom. Possibilities seem endless.

Except they are doing it with no actual understanding of long term effects. Modify a sequence of DNA where we believe it effects only x and later find out ift effects x,y,z,a...etc. Recently they've found a second layer of encoding in DNA.
There's too many variables.