Can I be a Christian White Witch?

Ghoulia Yelps

Community Member
Dec 15, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Hi there. I was wondering this because I am very disillusioned with mainstream religion. I used to be a Christian, but I got disillusioned after several things happened. I was sexually assaulted by an elder, who was a youth leader when I was a young teen, and was not allowed to tell anyone. The Christian sect were brethren and had a deep dislike of women. I thing they are afraid of women and want to steal their power. In the bible, witches are condemned for several reasons, there were a lot of powerful women in Greece and Asia Minor, and they had to have their power taken away. I do not find Most Christian sects to be very positive about women.
I am not interested in black magic, but I am interested in healing magic, and angels. Jesus was a healer, and I don't think there is anything wrong with healing, using magic and energy to bless people and give them positive vibrations.
Any thoughts?

there are Christian witches, atheist witches, Buddhist witches, all sorts! not really sure about the white/black part though, i think thats maybe more of a christian thing than a witch thing.

I see no problem with this. Check out the similarities between Christmas and Solstice and between Easter and Equinox celebrations. I think paganism, white Witchery etc jive nicely with Christianity:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Free
A fair warning: I will sound harsh, but believe me, it's only because I'm to tired to express myself well.

By the very definition a "christian" is a "little Christ", a person who follow Christ, that is Jesus. Jesus has nothing to do with witchcraft, since there is a distinct differens in the healings from God and the healings from witchcraft. The bible tells very little about this stuff, so it's best to not speculate too much, but it's usually thought about witchcraft - light or dark, doesn't matter - is demons workings. Hence the burning of witches in history, etc.

But anyway! Eitherway, I don't think it's suitible to combine witchcraft with Jesus, Christianity, since they build up two very different worldviews, and can't possibly be real christianity without any syncretism. Everyone is free to make their combinations as they like, but it wouldn't be Christianity... or, atleast, it wouldn't be dicipleship of Jesus. But from what you've told us, I hear the Christians you've met wasn't so good of diciples themselfs either...

Anyway! I hope this was some information you've sought for.
You have a good day! :)

Reactions: Gaze
I wouldnt be able to say. Consider that I write this as an atheist.
I do not think a person should abandon their belief because of the actions of others. I believe a person should stay true to themselves always. So while I do not agree with any religion I do not feel the reason anyone should abandon it should be based on other people or their actions.
I do think people should continue to ask questions and never stop.

I think (am not sure) its probably not possible to be Christian and a witch. Christians have a history of shunning and killing suspected witches. This still happens to this day in some less educated countries though given the chance I suspect it would start again in any country unchecked.

Isn't witchery a substitute for actually doing something constructive/destructive, based on the superstitious belief that wishing can accomplish, when one is not willing to accomplish?

I am also wary that whatever the intention, witchery can leave one open to malign influences - when once in, are difficult to get out again. (Bad/fallen angels and the like).

Reactions: Gaze
Isn't witchery a substitute for actually doing something constructive/destructive, based on the superstitious belief that wishing can accomplish, when one is not willing to accomplish?

I am also wary that whatever the intention, witchery can leave one open to malign influences - when once in, are difficult to get out again. (Bad/fallen angels and the like).

Your first statement denies that it can actually work (while also taking a demeaning tone…as if practitioners live in a bubble of self-illusion), while your second warns of the potential harms.
Sounds a bit confused...

Hi there. I was wondering this because I am very disillusioned with mainstream religion. I used to be a Christian, but I got disillusioned after several things happened. I was sexually assaulted by an elder, who was a youth leader when I was a young teen, and was not allowed to tell anyone. The Christian sect were brethren and had a deep dislike of women. I thing they are afraid of women and want to steal their power. In the bible, witches are condemned for several reasons, there were a lot of powerful women in Greece and Asia Minor, and they had to have their power taken away. I do not find Most Christian sects to be very positive about women.
I am not interested in black magic, but I am interested in healing magic, and angels. Jesus was a healer, and I don't think there is anything wrong with healing, using magic and energy to bless people and give them positive vibrations.
Any thoughts?

Are you saying that you think christian men see all women as witches?

Not all women are witches, and not all witches are women. So I doubt that is why those assholes (that you mentioned) dislike women.

As for being a christian white witch...sure, why not? I find that many individuals who feel that they are witches, continue to hold on to the religion they were raised in out of familiarity. Eventually you might choose one over the other, but in the meantime, you can be whatever you want to be.

Last edited:
uMNAEeX.gif

You can call yourself a Christian but if you congress with spirits outside the proscribed junctures of the various Christian sects the question becomes, would they call you a Christian?

It depends on your interpretations.

Witchcraft is acknowledged and, possibly, even portrayed positively in the Bible. The Witch of Endor was said to have summoned the prophet Samuel's spirit at the behest of King Saul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_of_Endor

Magical thinking occurs in every culture. Christian politics, especially once sponsored by the state, has historically repressed other cultural rituals in favor of their own. Sometimes the accusation of witchery could be falsely used against someone you simply didn't like which is why the term 'witch-hunt' has such negative connotations in modern usage.

The wide distribution of the practice of witch-hunts in geographically and culturally separated societies (Europe, Africa, India, New Guinea) since the 1960s has triggered interest in the anthropological background of this behaviour. The belief in magic and divination, and attempts to use magic to influence personal well-being (to increase life, win love, etc.) are human cultural universals.

Belief in witchcraft has been shown to have similarities in societies throughout the world. It presents a framework to explain the occurrence of otherwise random misfortunes such as sickness or death, and the witch sorcerer provides an image of evil. Reports on indigenous practices in the Americas, Asia and Africa collected during the early modern age of exploration have been taken to suggest that not just the belief in witchcraft but also the periodic outbreak of witch-hunts are a human cultural universal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

Depending on your definition of magical rituals, Christianity could be said to engage in acts of invocation, evocation, and conjuration such as the Eucharist, prayer, and the Holy Spirit. Christians are likely to disapprove of the term 'witchcraft' though.

You should be whatever your core self tells you is true and right for you.
If that is being a Quaker, then by all means be a Quaker.
If you want to be a Christian White Witch, then be one.
Christianity has been so mixed up with Pagan traditions wtf does it matter really?
Just watch our for the nut jobs who think it’s justified by their “Christian” religion to kill you now.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
Isn't it so weird that when it comes to what is a matter of pure belief, that people feel comfortable telling others "it is not acceptable to choose to believe what you do, it is only acceptable to believe what other have chosen to believe!" To define the acceptability of beliefs based on the currency of other standards of belief seems very silly!

Your first statement denies that it can actually work (while also taking a demeaning tone…as if practitioners live in a bubble of self-illusion), while your second warns of the potential harms.
Sounds a bit confused...
On the rag?
In the meme "doing a deal with a devil", does it ever accomplish anything, other than a complete back-fire and all-round destruction?

Can one not say that about any religion...?
Depends how similar the particular religion is. Not all religion is about getting stuff done with magic.

Can one not say that about any religion...?

Depends how similar the particular religion is. Not all religion is about getting stuff done with magic.

Similar to what...? I need an object to your preposition.

We are talking about witchery, right? You proposed a similarity between all religions with some attributions I proposed about witchery. I agree that some religions may have attributes in common with witchery, depending on how similar they are. If you can't follow a conversation, why try to have one?

A Christian worldview’s position on healing and miracles might go something like this:

1. God has supernatural power.
2. Demons and angels have supernatural power.
3. Humans have no supernatural power of their own.
4. Therefore, if supernatural power is manifested in some way, it either came from God or an angel, or from a demon.
5. Believing that we have inherent supernatural abilities is therefore a deception, assuming that we accept the first 3 statements. (Psalms 8:5 comments that man was made “a little lower than the angels”.)
6. If magic has real supernatural power, it must come from some source. #3 rules out the magician, so it must be an external source.
7. The Bible forbids the practice of magic and witchcraft in multiple verses, in both the New and Old Testaments, so this is not something of which God approves.
8. If God does not approve of witchcraft or magic, why would He supply it with His supernatural power?
9. Assuming we accept statements 1, 2, 3, and 7, it logically follows that the practice of magic (ignoring slight-of-hand tricks) draws on supernatural power that is not provided by God - in the Christian worldview, this would be Satanic power.

Note that this whole argument falls apart if you don’t agree with #3. Personally that’s an assumption I’m willing to make (what is “supernatural” if we already have it? That would be considered “natural”), but if you think differently than that, this argument probably won’t convince you of anything.

Of course you have the right to practice your religion and beliefs however you choose to. But logically, the practice of magic and a fundamentalist view of Christianity are mutually exclusive.

A Christian worldview’s position on healing and miracles might go something like this:

1. God has supernatural power.
2. Demons and angels have supernatural power.
3. Humans have no supernatural power of their own.
4. Therefore, if supernatural power is manifested in some way, it either came from God or an angel, or from a demon.
5. Believing that we have inherent supernatural abilities is therefore a deception, assuming that we accept the first 3 statements. (Psalms 8:5 comments that man was made “a little lower than the angels”.)
6. If magic has real supernatural power, it must come from some source. #3 rules out the magician, so it must be an external source.
7. The Bible forbids the practice of magic and witchcraft in multiple verses, in both the New and Old Testaments, so this is not something of which God approves.
8. If God does not approve of witchcraft or magic, why would He supply it with His supernatural power?
9. Assuming we accept statements 1, 2, 3, and 7, it logically follows that the practice of magic (ignoring slight-of-hand tricks) draws on supernatural power that is not provided by God - in the Christian worldview, this would be Satanic power.

Note that this whole argument falls apart if you don’t agree with #3. Personally that’s an assumption I’m willing to make (what is “supernatural” if we already have it? That would be considered “natural”), but if you think differently than that, this argument probably won’t convince you of anything.

Of course you have the right to practice your religion and beliefs however you choose to. But logically, the practice of magic and a fundamentalist view of Christianity are mutually exclusive.

I know a "healer" (lay on hands anyone?) who also happens to be an atheist. Not Christian, not Wiccan, not anything. This person is without a doubt a good person, well beyond what most consider a decent human being. So these healing abilities are a gift from satan? I am not a religious man, so my POV is different to be sure, but I just cannot see the logic in that.

logic is probably not the most appropriate means of measuring articles of faith.

no religious person observes what their chosen holy book says, they observe their interpretations of what it says.

Reactions: Sandie33