Can Facebook stop Ebola? | INFJ Forum

Can Facebook stop Ebola?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
The springboard to discussion in this thread is as the title suggests this story:-

http://www.thejournal.ie/facebook-ebola-fight-donate-now-1768017-Nov2014/

The creator of facebook thinks that it can stop Ebola, effectively that Facebook is more effective than the varieties of government action or authorities responding already. What do you think? Could Facebook be more effective than government and why?

The secondary objective of the discussion I'd hoped would be to consider in general why individuals like Zuckerburg and Gates decide to adopt social or liberal or humanitarian agendas like this, Zuckerburg wants to stop Ebola, I think I remember Gates wanting to eradicate malaria or something like that. Why do they do so? And are they effective?

The other question I've got is can regular private individuals use the same tools as Zuckerburg and Gates themselves? And would it prove effective if they did? I did hear about a group of monks who were quoted less than they needed to restore one of their religious sites but who raised way more than they required for the work from crowdfunding which I think is like a public appeal online.