Broken Heart Syndrome | INFJ Forum

Broken Heart Syndrome

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hmmmm. So I guess it wasn't all in my head afterall? Do you ever feel like your life as been a long stream of science validating all the problems that got you accused of malingering when you were younger?

Broken heart syndrome is a temporary heart condition brought on by stressful situations, such as the death of a loved one. People with broken heart syndrome may have sudden chest pain or think they're having a heart attack. These broken heart syndrome symptoms may be brought on by the heart's reaction to a surge of stress hormones. In broken heart syndrome, a part of your heart temporarily enlarges and doesn't pump well, while the remainder of the heart functions normally or with even more forceful contractions.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/broken-heart-syndrome/DS01135

Reactions: Gaze
there's a syndrome for that feeling? hmm
my first experience with it full blown was when my son died, however i often feel it (to a lesser degree thanks goodness) when i am around others in high grief or stress situations. believe me there are very few places people congregate that don't contain at least a few people i am going to pick up on.
if i pass a car accident and there are injured people it's like i am absorbing their pain and fear and stress. i've cried many times after such incidences.

Reactions: Gaze
Because. It's difficult to cope with, and I try to avoid it, and when i did suffered from it, I tried to blame other people, for not been there.......I had no-one to blame but myself.....i still find it difficult to accept.