Entyqua

Forgotten
Retired Staff
Jul 11, 2008
MBTI
INF
Enneagram
messed up
Please do not vote unless you are participating in the reading.

We have a TIE!!! Break it!

Lord Foul's Bane from the Thomas Covenant series (Stephen R. Donaldson)

The first book in one of the most remarkable epic fantasies ever written, the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever.
He called himself Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever because he dared not believe in the strange alternate world in which he suddenly found himself. Yet he was tempted to believe, to fight for the Land, to be the reincarnation of its greatest hero....

Good Omens

Pratchett (of Discworld fame) and Gaiman (of Sandman fame) may seem an unlikely combination, but the topic (Armageddon) of this fast-paced novel is old hat to both. Pratchett's wackiness collaborates with Gaiman's morbid humor; the result is a humanist delight to be savored and reread again and again. You see, there was a bit of a mixup when the Antichrist was born, due in part to the machinations of Crowley, who did not so much fall as saunter downwards, and in part to the mysterious ways as manifested in the form of a part-time rare book dealer, an angel named Aziraphale. Like top agents everywhere, they've long had more in common with each other than the sides they represent, or the conflict they are nominally engaged in. The only person who knows how it will all end is Agnes Nutter, a witch whose prophecies all come true, if one can only manage to decipher them. The minor characters along the way (Famine makes an appearance as diet crazes, no-calorie food and anorexia epidemics) are as much fun as the story as a whole, which adds up to one of those rare books which is enormous fun to read the first time, and the second time, and the third time...

I dont know which one to choose...:m033:

:mwaa::m129::m037::m161::m186::m072::m077::m202::mcunni::m177:

....EEEEH I cant take the excitement HURRY AND VOTE EVERYONE!! :m096:

There were a total of 13 votes in the last thread so we shouldn't have a tie here too...but we still need 9 voters!

I'm up for either, really - one this month, and the second the following month!

I loves Lord Fouls Bane (Worm!!), but Good Omens sounds really good also. Did you know much of The Magic 8-Ball's personality is based on Lord Foul? Don't tell him I told you though!

I loves Lord Fouls Bane (Worm!!), but Good Omens sounds really good also. Did you know much of The Magic 8-Ball's personality is based on Lord Foul? Don't tell him I told you though!

i wont say anything, but Id watch out for that shifty Entyque...:m197:

Lord Foul's Bane if only because I actually have it laying around and have never read it.

I'm a big time Pratchett fan (just discovered him last year with "Going Postal"), so I avoided voting for Omens in the first round because I know that people either love him or hate him. But since it did well in the first round, I tip my big leather hat in its direction.

Last edited:
Aw, rancid bananas! I was kind of hoping for Lord Foul's Bane. I'll actually have to go out and buy Omens, because there's like, fifty-billion holds on it at the library and only one copy.

Aw, rancid bananas! I was kind of hoping for Lord Foul's Bane. I'll actually have to go out and buy Omens, because there's like, fifty-billion holds on it at the library and only one copy.

Do you have Inter-library loans in Canada? Here you can request for books to be sent from other libraries, especially in academia, and often it's free or a nominal charge. Might save you a buck or two.

Do you have Inter-library loans in Canada? Here you can request for books to be sent from other libraries, especially in academia, and often it's free or a nominal charge. Might save you a buck or two.

It's a public library, and we only have the option to do that within the inter-city branches. The system lists 6 copies of Omens. All are gone and there is an enormous request list.

It's a public library, and we only have the option to do that within the inter-city branches. The system lists 6 copies of Omens. All are gone and there is an enormous request list.

I found a site with free digital copies if you're interested, but at this point were TIED AGAIN!

I am closing this poll tonight at midnight. Hopefully we dont end on a tie again..How to we break a tie on a tie breaker...

I am closing this poll tonight at midnight. Hopefully we dont end on a tie again..How to we break a tie on a tie breaker...

Simply, read alternate pages of both books.

Simply, read alternate pages of both books.

...i will get all sorts of confused...The stories will meld together till we have Good lords foul omens....

If this stays a tie, we will break the tie by way of a Arm wrestling challenge between NAI, and TDHT.

VOTE!

If this stays a tie, we will break the tie by way of a Arm wrestling challenge between NAI, and TDHT.

VOTE!

Pfft. Why bother? You know I'd win. Check out my (shiny toy) guns! *flexes*

I eat my spinach, bitch!

Last edited: