the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Is it right to refer to it as being brunette?

If it's brown, then yes. I am biracial African American and my hair is various shades of brown with red tints in it. There is no black in it what so ever.

It may be a different texture, but it is the same color as the caucasian/hispanic/asian, etc brunette

If a person has dark brown hair, you can call them brunette.
If a person has black hair, you just say they have black hair.

You can't just think "close enough" and call people with black hair brunette.

Hmm. I'd say that they'd be called brunettes. I have some African American ancestry, and my siblings and I all have brown hair. I asked, and my sister considers herself to be a brunette. Although, we are often mistakenly thought to have black hair, when really, it's only dark brown (with a mix of other colours here and there). It's a little bit annoying when people insist that my hair is black when I explain to them that it's not. Be careful to make sure that the person you're referring to as a brunette actually has brown hair, as it can be a bit difficult to make the distinction.

To me it simply depends on the color, not the specific ethnic/racial group.

There's plenty of whites who have dark black hair and blacks who have lighter variations. Race is too diverse to simply group specific traits in one category.

In the far north of Australia and in areas of the islands near australia there are people with curly (Afro?) hair that can be red, chestnut, or blonde. So, given what I observed in the U.S. I'd say that most African hair types are black - or raven.

Right or wrong doesn't come into it. Honestly all this paranoia about offending black people annoys the hell out of me

If their hair is black call it black. If it's brown call it brunette

Simples

Right or wrong doesn't come into it. Honestly all this paranoia about offending black people annoys the hell out of me

If their hair is black call it black. If it's brown call it brunette

Simples

+1 Anyone who gets easily offended, deserves to be.

I'm half black, my hair is dark brown, and I'd have to say that as a male I would be kind of weirded out if somebody referred to me as brunette. I thought that was more of a feminine term.

When it comes down to it, I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a brown-haired man (whatever race) brunette, or even brunet if you want to split hairs........magister!

I would be kind of weirded out if somebody referred to me as brunette. I thought that was more of a feminine term.

Not necessarily, but it has this connotation since guys care more about things such as hair color in a woman.

For a woman, you'll likely only hear her say "dark" (referring to dark hair, not skin) or blonde. Red head males are simply not (mostly) considered.

"Dark" being the new fad since people aren't as into pureuropean

It's only feminine if there's an e on the end.

Masculine...e...

It's feminine!

Masculine...e...

It's feminine!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gw9NgCq64"]YouTube - Electric Company Short Circus E on the end[/ame]

But seriously..."brunette" sounds weird to me. I have curly afro hair that you'd have to strain to see "red" in.